The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Old man tries to start

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
No real development, only thoughts have one.

Every process of research runs into a dead end.
Patent research brings old patents not still existing.

F e I thought about a funnel for motors to fill in motoroil with a bajonette conection to the engine. One part plastic. In luminous colours.
Maybe someone will try that!
Make a sample For photos.
Make a shop hp to sell that. Look, wheather theres really a market.

Why I don’t? Because I cant make plastic parts myself and I don’t want to test and than see someone else selling it.
Or maybe because I see the moutains too high.

My shop is still waiting for something to sell.
I ve seen, pinecones are really sold on ebay. Maybe I should take some with me while walking and sell them.
Just the expenditure seems too high for what it can bring.

So I reread Unscripted . Its tiring for me since MJ uses not the usual school vocabulary.
@MJ DeMarco , can you please sell a German version! :)
But at least I get ideas while reading it.

What I think about is, renting lawn mowers in the summer time. No big money, but I ll do some calculation.

Another issue: I think too much about entrepreneurship. Too much time for too less result. MJ names it fake action! It uses up much of power and time and brings only suck down results.
When you have read till now: thanks for reading

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
An update, not worth to mention.

I tried to start importing some goods from china. Its all so slow. I think, Corona is the reason.
On that trying to get samples, again I lost the motion.

Started to sell another low budged, much competition goodon ebay, but the result is F*cking bad. No future for that.

Along that, my day job is running great with less effort and time.
I m doubting about the sence of my entrepreneur efforts a bit.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Kudos for starting down the path of entrepreneurship and learning new things like developing a website. It shows that you have persevered even when you weren't familiar with the subject.

But I think you are looking in the wrong direction. It seems like you are looking for products that are already out there and are available to anyone else to market.

Focus on your strengths, and not your weaknesses. Just because you read about everyone else dropshipping or buying on Alibaba or Aliexpress doesn't mean that you should. When you do that, you are competing with others that already understand that their strengths are marketing and probably have a lot more experience finding products on those venues.

It sounds like your strength is mechanical field. It seems to me you might use your creativity in actually designing and developing YOUR OWN PRODUCT. Find something (an existing product) that needs improvement. Perhaps simplify an existing design, or create a different need for an existing product.

Just a thought. Have you considered maybe trying online CAD design or 3D printing?

Keep it simple.

Product development doesn't have to have a lot of moving parts.

Product development is about moving people to want your product.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Kudos for starting down the path of entrepreneurship and learning new things like developing a website. It shows that you have persevered even when you weren't familiar with the subject.

But I think you are looking in the wrong direction. It seems like you are looking for products that are already out there and are available to anyone else to market.

Focus on your strengths, and not your weaknesses. Just because you read about everyone else dropshipping or buying on Alibaba or Aliexpress doesn't mean that you should. When you do that, you are competing with others that already understand that their strengths are marketing and probably have a lot more experience finding products on those venues.

It sounds like your strength is mechanical field. It seems to me you might use your creativity in actually designing and developing YOUR OWN PRODUCT. Find something (an existing product) that needs improvement. Perhaps simplify an existing design, or create a different need for an existing product.

Just a thought. Have you considered maybe trying online CAD design or 3D printing?

Keep it simple.

Product development doesn't have to have a lot of moving parts.

Product development is about moving people to want your product.
I love that post, thank you! I will correct my direction in that direction.

A small update what I spent my interest to:

As the Corona crisis hyped the face masks, some day I bought some masks of a local car parts dealer and sold them for a good money.
Then I gave a rest away and finished that part. Some 1000 bucks so not working for free while learning.

Than I did some resaerch on customer goods and suddenly I got really good offers.
But they all seam too good to be true.
And the offering homepages all similar : not ready jet; whois shows them max a year old.
Nothing to send 10000s of bucks for trust.

Other goods: The discussion with the Chinese suppliers are like you talk to a small child again and again. Not found my partners jet.

A local electric tool manufacturer made an offer to me with a quite low percentage. Google brings everything cheaper.
BTW: what are good margins b2c and what bad one, when you have a local manufacturer?
They do dropshipping only with wellknown dealers.

Trading is a hard business! Respect to the successfull doers!

The job becomes a bit boring because of quarantaine.

That it was till now.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I love that post, thank you! I will correct my direction in that direction.

A small update what I spent my interest to:

As the Corona crisis hyped the face masks, some day I bought some masks of a local car parts dealer and sold them for a good money.
Then I gave a rest away and finished that part. Some 1000 bucks so not working for free while learning.

Than I did some resaerch on customer goods and suddenly I got really good offers.
But they all seam too good to be true.
And the offering homepages all similar : not ready jet; whois shows them max a year old.
Nothing to send 10000s of bucks for trust.

Other goods: The discussion with the Chinese suppliers are like you talk to a small child again and again. Not found my partners jet.

A local electric tool manufacturer made an offer to me with a quite low percentage. Google brings everything cheaper.
BTW: what are good margins b2c and what bad one, when you have a local manufacturer?
They do dropshipping only with wellknown dealers.

Trading is a hard business! Respect to the successfull doers!

The job becomes a bit boring because of quarantaine.

That it was till now.

When dealing with Chines suppliers get as many as you can and vet them. Message them all at the same time, see who replies quickest, how they reply etc etc. It's a numbers game, tons of great and crappy suppliers are out there.

Searching around for the good ones is perhaps one of the crappiest parts of running an online business imo,

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I m a bit nervous.
In the evening I allways strall through pages trying to source something interesting.
I got an answer from Alibaba, which was shocking because of a much too high prize. So I did research and saw, that this good is sold for a different purpose than I thought.

So I got an idea for something.
I know the source.
I know the way (theoretical).
So I started today with technical research with a good friend, who will help me without any own interest than to help me.

For the first time I am looking forward to try a thing, which could get a big thing when it succeeds.

Now I must look, how the material must be treated for my purpose.
How it can be packed without telling others my idea.
Oh. And I must set up a homepage and try to sell something of that.
Is the selling way good for the beginning:
Google ads - homepage- link to ebay, sell on ebay?

:)

D

DeletedUser0287

I nearly refused to start an execution thread because of several reasons.
- i m 54 years old now, I have good slowlane job,
-with rising age my endurance with a business working decreases.
-I see my remaining time being endless,
- I have much fun living, working, making sports and I have good friends for drinking beer, too.
-because these reasons I want and will not spend 60 hours working and thats the reason, why I refused to make a such promise to me or others.

since I fell over the FLM and therefor I m here in the forum and I deal much with the idea of entrepreneurship, an idea rised,up again.
About 20 years ago a dream of me started.
There for the first Time I heared about a internet shop, which sells someting he doesn’t have in stock and earns money though.
I made a website, butI didn’t succeed to make it good and earning anything.

The last months I learned much that works and much about what doesn t work.

So here is a dream, a goal I have. And I make purposely small goals, I think.

My goal 3 months ago was to get a website, where I offer something. This target I achieved. I have a website, which offers someting. Without a shop and customers, but I offer something there.

My next target is to get a website with a dropshipping shop with at least 50 different goods I offer. of course anbody else could do that in one month, my target is to have it in summer next year.

I hope I can tell someting positive.

Watch Dan Pena, billionaire. Works a ton and felt like he never worked at all because he is passionate. I found this calling like a little over a year. I love working, but it doesn’t feel like work.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Next thought: will these elder people look for solutions via internet?
You might be surprised how many elderly people are keen users of the internet. I know quite a few who surprise me with their online skills and use of the technology.
[/QUOTE]
Ingeneering stuff is something I m good in.
I think, that would be much more satisfying and had much more reward.
You could consider B2B. It can work in different ways. For example, if your engineering skills can show you what problems exist in various industries you could offer solutions to those problems. I believe that face to face selling works better for doing that.

The other way to do B2B is to do it online, and you could also use your engineering knowledge to find products that are often used, and if you could locate them at good prices you could establish a business supplying those items.

Regarding payment of duty and taxes if your customers are in the US, there is an exemption for what are regarded as small imports. The US is the most generous country in that regard, and imports up to US$800 in value are exempt from duty and tax. I think you have my importing book, in which case check out Ch.3:4.

Walter

P.S. It would be worthwhile reading @Pershing 's thread
HOT TOPIC Make money with B2B ecommerce, even with just 1 product

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Still I am looking in too many directions I think.

Selling things is something I loved all my life, but sourcing something that will succeed is not mine.

I am writing a non fiction book, but I hate me for my little efforts.

I have some inventing ideas, but I hate me for little effort.

I have a shopify shop running since 6 months, but never sold anything. Maybe its the fear not knowing what happen which regrets me putting things in the Shop which sell.

Since years I do the 20/80 principe in my dayjob. So I reduced hours working nearly ridiculously. In order to reduce income, tax and worktime. It ends in reducing only worktime. So my drive to entrepreneurship is not rising. Btw, my job is nearly entrepreneurial. But as its not my business.... Oh, have some shares...

Ok. At the sum I will now have to write all my projectson a piece of paper and than make a decision about my entrepreneur al journey.

Last edited:

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Have you made some researches about the laws for Dropshopping as a German online shop owner? Especially point 2 in this article could be important for you:

It says that when your client is receiving a damaged product from your dropshipping-partner you are the one who has to pay from your own pocket. Even when your client is not receiving the product you have to pay too.
Think about what it could mean for your business on a larger level of scalability and how big your securities are in the worst case and how much control you have over your business.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Have you made some researches about the laws for Dropshopping as a German online shop owner? Especially point 2 in this article could be important for you:

It says that when your client is receiving a damaged product from your dropshipping-partner you are the one who has to pay from your own pocket. Even when your client is not receiving the product you have to pay too.
Think about what it could mean for your business on a larger level of scalability and how big your securities are in the worst case and how much control you have over your business.
Thats why I refuse to dropship with foreign partners. When you take a German partner, that will be no issue imho. Gewährleistungsfrist is 2 yeare; b2b or B2C. Only the marge of the typical dropshipbusinesses will not be enough to earn an amount of anything. You have to choose a business, where dropshipping is usual since 50 years and not explicit told.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Thats why I refuse to dropship with foreign partners. When you take a German partner, that will be no issue imho. Gewährleistungsfrist is 2 yeare; b2b or B2C. Only the marge of the typical dropshipbusinesses will not be enough to earn an amount of anything. You have to choose a business, where dropshipping is usual since 50 years and not explicit told.

This is great to hear that you found a good better solution for this case!

I have a shopify shop running since 6 months, but never sold anything. Maybe its the fear not knowing what happen which regrets me putting things in the Shop which sell.

About your Business Goals. How many products do you have now on your website and how do you promote them? I have read that one of your first goals is to find 50 products you want to offer on your website.

1.) Why 50 Products?
2.) Are you offering the same type of products or at least one main product which is connected with additional products?

The reason why I ask this is because I see the possibility that you maybe focus on the wrong aspects of your business. Your goal shouldn't be to find 50 Products, your goal should be to focus more to sell the one product you have right now. If you cant to reach out to one client then you won't do it if you have 50 Products. You should worry about the efficiency of your product range when you have your first clients and you want to optimize.

3.) What is your message with your dropshipping business? Is there any lifestyle message you want to promote? Some new ideas or attitudes people can buy with your product?
4.) Do you have any advertising strategy or are you just waiting that the clients going to find you?

I hope you don't mind if I ask all these questions. I just want to help you to find the right focus by yourself and also to understand more about your business intentions.

In the end, I have one more question: What is your work history? I mean besides the entrepreneurial dropshipping business? I know it is a strange question but it would be nice if could give me the answer to this question:thumbsup:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hi folks, a short question:
In my sport I m in a niche, where I “invented“ an item, which I use to prepare. It could be used at multipal sports and in medical area, too, I think.
Now I made plans and a research on the internet. I couldn’t find any similar.
Than I asked my boy, who is doing similar sports. Ha said its bullshit and I will not sell one, when I try.

As my boy has a high standing in my thoughts, I was a bit disappointed.

In Germany you can get a patent only, if that gadget was never mentioned anywhere. So I can not do anopnenresearch . Also I dont want tell what it is.

What should I do now to research the need?

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Hi folks, a short question:
In my sport I m in a niche, where I “invented“ an item, which I use to prepare. It could be used at multipal sports and in medical area, too, I think.
Now I made plans and a research on the internet. I couldn’t find any similar.
Than I asked my boy, who is doing similar sports. Ha said its bullshit and I will not sell one, when I try.

As my boy has a high standing in my thoughts, I was a bit disappointed.

In Germany you can get a patent only, if that gadget was never mentioned anywhere. So I can not do anopnenresearch . Also I dont want tell what it is.

What should I do now to research the need?
There are a lot of people who like patents on their things... however, I hate the idea. Also, there are a lot of reasons to not patent the idea:
1. lookup why WD-40 never put a patent on their stuff. If they would have patented the item, people the world over would now be making it at home. Instead, they've kept it low-cost, they make a good profit, and they never have to disclose what's in it.
2. If you patent it, you need to sue anyone who infringes, which means lawyers... and lawyers cost money... and every time you have a joe schmoe come up you need to sue them too...
3. Why does Tesla share their ideas?
4. Money, it costs big bucks to patent something (and are you only patenting in your country or international?) I have a friend who spent $10,000 on US patents, and another $40,000 on international patents, he's never sold more than even $40,000 of merchandise, and is out those dollars. I warned him from the start that the market he's going to won't tolerate the prices that he needs to charge for it, but he didn't listen.
5. patents run out unless you renew them.

Patents are over-rated in my opinion. Hit the streets selling items at a fair markup and your competition won't even think about starting up due to the high cost vs reward structure.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
There are a lot of people who like patents on their things... however, I hate the idea. Also, there are a lot of reasons to not patent the idea:
1. lookup why WD-40 never put a patent on their stuff. If they would have patented the item, people the world over would now be making it at home. Instead, they've kept it low-cost, they make a good profit, and they never have to disclose what's in it.
2. If you patent it, you need to sue anyone who infringes, which means lawyers... and lawyers cost money... and every time you have a joe schmoe come up you need to sue them too...
4. Money, it costs big bucks to patent something (and are you only patenting in your country or international?) I have a friend who spent $10,000 on US patents, and another $40,000 on international patents, he's never sold more than even $40,000 of merchandise, and is out those dollars. I warned him from the start that the market he's going to won't tolerate the prices that he needs to charge for it, but he didn't listen.

Patents are over-rated in my opinion. Hit the streets selling items at a fair markup and your competition won't even think about starting up due to the high cost vs reward structure.
Last night I spoke with a woman in my industry that has been in it longer than me, and she talked about patents. she said it like this:
Disney has been copied by the Chinese... We all know that Disney has deep pockets and will go after them if they can. If the Chinese can get away with copying Disney products, how much luck do you think that you will have?
She also mentioned, that by the time you ever take a medium sized company to court and get anywhere near to a settlement, you'll probably be out of money due to legal fees, and just like that you'll both owe money to an attorney and your patent fees if you didn't pay those off, AND the other company can then brazenly make it without having anyone after them.
She said (and I agree) in some markets it is better to just leave an idea open to suggestions and improve as fast as you can.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

I did not patent any of my chemical formulas. I saw off all competitors and nobody came up with anything to beat what I was selling.

The existence of patents would have alerted more people to the specialized market that I was supplying.

One major reason why I didn't patent them was that knowing how to use them to the best effect in the industry where they had become essential aids to manufacture was at least as important as the formulas. That was a huge barrier to entry for the average person in the industrial chemical industry.

Walter

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Aside of patent, I m building prototypes. And they all suck.
My son allready grumbled becausemy shit blockes the workshop. :))
But sucking the all gives me a feeling, that it could be worth it.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Aside of patent, I m building prototypes. And they all suck.
My son allready grumbled becausemy shit blockes the workshop. :))
But sucking the all gives me a feeling, that it could be worth it.
My specialty is in strap goods and dabbled a bit in injection molding, if I can help, I'm here to bounce ideas off of (and I have way too much to do to get into sports stuff yet, LOL, so no fear of me stealing the idea, even if it's multi-billion $$, I just don't have the time, I have a meaningful business that I'd rather not walk away from)

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Testing continues, but I m not sure if my invention can ad really value.

While searching goods to trade and tried some, I just switch from shopify to woo commerce.
Thats a bit hard for me, as Ireally dont know much about it.
I will make a dream come true and dropship t-shirts building a brand.

Thats the plan by now.

Some other plans I followed a bit are paused now.

I don’t have much time. Why? Job, building a garage and living.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Testing continues, but I m not sure if my invention can ad really value.

While searching goods to trade and tried some, I just switch from shopify to woo commerce.
Thats a bit hard for me, as Ireally dont know much about it.
I will make a dream come true and dropship t-shirts building a brand.

Thats the plan by now.

Some other plans I followed a bit are paused now.

I don’t have much time. Why? Job, building a garage and living.

Save your time, don't dropship tshirts....

Find a good product to sell/improve and go for that. There is millions and millions of dropshipping tshirt stores, you will be competing with bazillions of other stores and likely lose time and money

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Save your time, don't dropship tshirts....

Find a good product to sell/improve and go for that. There is millions and millions of dropshipping tshirt stores, you will be competing with bazillions of other stores and likely lose time and money
Thanks. I know that.

I ve sold t-shirts about 30 years ago and first made some money and lost it getting scamed.
So theres an open bill with selling some t-shirts.
I have some designs in my head I want to release as shirts. Then I ll see, wheather someone wants it.

My main aproach is learning to build the shop and you allways can change goods and domains of a shop.

And I searched for something better than t-shirts for about 8 months now And didn’t find it So far.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
At the top of my legal pad I have one word written that gets copied every time I redo the list.

FOCUS

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
At the top of my legal pad I have one word written that gets copied every time I redo the list.

FOCUS

I m in here for abot a year now and deep in me I know, that what I do is more a hobby than a business.

And no matter, if you do something halfhearted as a hobby or focussed as a business. It’s exhausting. Mental exhausting.

So. I must go out of that. In one or another way.
Either focussing on a business or stoping business and concentrating on living my life with my job.

Maybe my action is only faking.

Thanks for leading me directly!

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
WP+woo sucks. ( :)) ).
Back to shopify. Here I found an app, which makes the hp legal regarding German cookie laws.
I connected shopify to a t-shirts dropship business. Not any further now. I m learning.
Why Do I do that?
Because I WANT to have that shop! I believe, that someone wants to have my t-shirts with my design and brand.
The way it takes me to do that is a bit long and I should outsource the work on the shop and the online things.
I could afford it. But: I don’t find someone to do it, who wants to make me a Concrete offer. I hate that.
So I make my saussages myself.

Some maybe projects which came across my way:
A friend has a butchers shop. We talked about scaling and he offered me, that I could make his online marketing. Or better: I could make a butcher’s dropshipshop with him as supplier.
(focus on your tshirt shop!)
A friend does restoring jobs. We came across making a course about this jobs. Would be interesting and have a big, moneyed clientele.
(focus on you...)
My invention: found items in similar niches at Amazon with more than 500 reviews at 100€. Prototyping is hard. I am just testing My prototype, built from wood. Not sure, wheather its really value rising. But who knows.

I now build on with my shop, because without abi to sell online I will not succeed in any of my planned projects.

Btw: I nearly finished a non fiction book regarding my job work. Now I have the dilemma, that I mustn’t publish anything regarding my job. So thats another project I have to solve lateron.

If you read, thanks for your interest.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I have done some things and written so e things.

And I have read eliquid ‘s thread NOTABLE! - Not Fulfilled? Depressed? Maybe You Need An Alignment

and recogniced, that the things I tired to start are shining for me, but not, what I really want.
S
The analysis showed me, that I should be more satisfied with my life.
I must care more about fitting the things to my possibilitie And not my interests.

So I will not put in much power into my projects.
And I will not press myself into finding ideas all day. I think, thats a dead end for me.

I will read in this forum and admire the people doing thins here.

Thanks

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
How old was Colonel Sanders when he started KFC?

The real Col. Sanders was an entrepreneur who didn't become a professional chef until he was 40, didn't franchise Kentucky Fried Chicken until he was 62, and didn't become an icon until after he sold his company at 75.

ps. Welcome to the Party! :bullseye: :bicep::palm:

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
How old was Colonel Sanders when he started KFC?

Or Ray Kroc... (BTW, The Founder with Michael Keaton portraying Kroc is pretty solid and demonstrates quite a few Fastlane concepts in action)

But... Fastlane is not for everyone, right? If someone doesn't feel it and finds happiness where he/she is now, there's nothing wrong with it either.

Altitude

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jan 1, 2020
London, UK
The upfront creative work is worth it.

Great insight @MitchM.

I think a business underneath it all, has a lot to do with creativity. While I don't believe that one needs to create a picasso masterpiece to be successful in business, I think when creating a product there needs to be some element of uniqueness to it.

In the age of short attention span, when creating products I think one of the question we need to ask ourselves, is will this product snap my prospective customer's attention and pull them in?!

Do you have any insights on how to incorporate creativity with creating winning products?

Thank you.

scott wisniewsk

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Aug 23, 2007
wisconsin
I nearly refused to start an execution thread because of several reasons.
- i m 54 years old now, I have good slowlane job,
-with rising age my endurance with a business working decreases.
-I see my remaining time being endless,
- I have much fun living, working, making sports and I have good friends for drinking beer, too.
-because these reasons I want and will not spend 60 hours working and thats the reason, why I refused to make a such promise to me or others.

since I fell over the FLM and therefor I m here in the forum and I deal much with the idea of entrepreneurship, an idea rised,up again.
About 20 years ago a dream of me started.
There for the first Time I heared about a internet shop, which sells someting he doesn’t have in stock and earns money though.
I made a website, butI didn’t succeed to make it good and earning anything.

The last months I learned much that works and much about what doesn t work.

So here is a dream, a goal I have. And I make purposely small goals, I think.

My goal 3 months ago was to get a website, where I offer something. This target I achieved. I have a website, which offers someting. Without a shop and customers, but I offer something there.

My next target is to get a website with a dropshipping shop with at least 50 different goods I offer. of course anbody else could do that in one month, my target is to have it in summer next year.

I hope I can tell someting positive.
Your not an athlete whats age have to do with it ?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.