The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

offering affiliate programs

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
I'm interested as well.

I believe there was a post a while back. I'll try to find it.

- There's plenty of info if you do an advanced search for "affiliate" in post titles.

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
i'll update this post with some questions i'm pondering.

i understand there are affiliate programs like clickbank, but how would these benefit from me just setting up my own?

for monthly subscription services, what would be better to offer?
- 1 month free of service for every sign up

or

- 50% commission for every sign up

when offering X% commission on a monthly pay service site, would the affiliate receive X% each month the referred member uses the service or just for the initial signup?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
the search continues.

for those involved with affiliate programs. what is the process like? is 3rd party software used to track the data or is this easily programmable?

i assume affiliates provide links to potential customers. if the customer signs up under them, this is recorded.

does the affilate have a login where they can see their up to date information?

i'm trying to find out what is the standard so that i can provide the same service and not come across as unprofessional.

anyone?

ZenSatori

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 2, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
Ryanpal,

I am part of an affiliate program for two books that I offer on my blog. The site that they chose to use is e-junkie. It's pretty painless for your affiliates to register and they get paid through PayPal. They have instructions and faqs for both sellers and affiliates. I believe the sellers get full statistics on the products sold, who bought it, etc...

Hope this helps.

Zen
ProjectNOMAD

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I think the advantage of going with a bigger company such as clickbank is that you have a big pond to fish from and good chance you can some people promoting for you. The thing is, clickbank will take a pretty good chunk for themselves if I am not mistaken.

What I would do is, create your own program. Offer a fair rate that will keep you profitable but enough to encourage promotion.

Then, reach out to other site owners in your niche.

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
thanks for the replies guys.

Luke12321, yes that is what i plan on doing. i plan on offering my own affiliate program through my site. something like clickbank is a service in which they will take a chunk.

like mj said in the post if your riding in the fast lane or driving it (did i get that right?) where some people joined affiliate programs, he offered them. that's what i plan on doing.

my latest question is to find out the standard of how things operate in the affiliate programs.

...the search continues. anymore input in the meantime is appreciated.

ryan

ZenSatori

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 2, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
Ryanpal,

You may want to investigate this package. It it a comprehensive business platform that, among other things, handles management of affiliates, and distribution of electronic media. It may be overkill and it is pretty costly - $2997 up front or $27 monthly (Immediate Edge members are going to get this as part of their membership).

If you want to manage an online business that includes an affiliate program, this looks like it can handle it pretty well.

Hope this helps...

Zen
ProjectNOMAD

ZenSatori

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Sep 2, 2008
Marietta, Georgia
No problem...

I did go to my (trusted) source for Open Source projects (SourceForge.net) and they did have some Affiliate projects you might be able to either use or learn from. Here is the search.

Free Affiliate looked interesting, but it's beta...

Good Luck!

Zen
ProjectNOMAD

ryanpal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jul 26, 2007
nj
thanks for the link. i did go to sourceforge myself. unfortunately i was unable to find one that was widely used. furthermore google didn't reveal much info on some of the "higher ranked" ones.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.