The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Being Crazy Supportive With An Eye For Affiliate Marketing [Progress Thread]

Idea threads

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Starting Today

This is like my third job (I teach my kids and facilitate two small teen ministries and I'm writing a Spanish Bible study as well) so progress is going to be slow. I'm spacing out the timeline so I don't get discouraged. I'd rather have small wins over a longer period of time than look at this thread in six months and feel like a failure. Most of my notes here are for myself, so I apologize if they're not all easily understandable.

The Plan
Step 1 Begin ---- (6-9 months, hopefully by November)

Begin affiliate marketing while learning and exploring a hyper specific niche. Write for one person only. Have a solid list of 20 different products that are ACTUALLY good (affiliate links) to offer my followers on twitter. Grow twitter following to 300 real people in the community and build relationships with at least 10 people who are both active and important in the community on discord and twitter. Post on this progress thread on the 28th of every month.
a. twitter
b. affiliate links
c. discord

Step 2 Offer specific digital products to serve hyper specific niche ---(2 months to craft and put up online)
Clarify offer, use Lex's website tips, build out the product, etc. MAKE SURE offer can be used by people outside the niche as well, specifically "stuck" entrepreneurs. Switch out my name on the fastlane forum. (adorned; Hebrew, don't forget.) Share link to everything IF I already have 300 followers on twitter.
a. small offer - notation/trello walkthrough and guide set up?
b. medium offer - book with 30 day guide?

Step 3 Create podcast with my brand of encouragement on Substack.
I've already done the blog thing before and I know I can get it a solid amount of readers again but I want stuff that will support the brand. Lean into the five moods: self-pity, fear, anger, guilt, hopelessness. If I've been successful then the info will now apply to both niches. The wording here needs to be more generalized than it is for twitter. Energy, encouragement, faith, a push - coaching stuff
a. write scripts for evergreen content
b. post those

Step 4 Make money from within the actual niche, since it's a skillset in and of itself (2-3 years)
While this niche isn't exactly rocket science, it does have a huge turnover in people who quit or are not successful. If I can be even marginally successful it will give me a lot more standing and respect in the community, which will then give a big push to sales. But mostly? It would be freaking awesome if I could make some cash in this.

Step 5 Iterate and Refine Steps 1-4

What I've done today:

1. During prayer, I realized I have a hyper specific niche right in front of me that I can serve with my unique gifts and temperament while still maintaining my integrity and never get bored. Super excited to begin! Also, I'm kinda intimidated and overwhelmed. Actually helping people in this niche would be awesome, they're super stressed out and they need hugs but doing so is going to take a TON of work on my part.

2. Made a progress thread. :) I should go make a twitter account... I've almost run out of creative energy just contemplating all this. Yikes. This is a big deal. I'm now legitimately nervous and hungry.. have I been planning for three hours? I need a sammy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Ok here's my update:

This was all a beautiful pipe dream. I started everything, got followers, and then realized none of it lines up with my gifts or concerns. It doesn't match who I am or make much sense given my current networking abilities, at all.

It was just a pretty plan. I love those! I wish I could delete the whole thing but sometimes.. especially if you're an ENTP.. it's better to get the whole idea out so you can realize you were wrong.

Anyway, I thought I'd fess up.

I'm going back to my prayer closet. May your business venture be blessed with just as much enthusiasm but infinitely more common sense than this one was! :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.