The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No one will mentor me! Wait, no, that's too hard!

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia
I took the plunge a couple of days ago and got the annual subscription. Have only done the Sarah Blakley course so far (half way through) but it's been very interesting.

I'll most likely work my way through the business stuff first (which it seems like they're continuing to expand on) and then start some of the cooking classes.

So far it strikes me more as being similar to having a real life mentor rather than a structured step by step course on how to do things. This is what works for me though as I'm really more after some inspiration and a few 'aha' moments and key takeaways as opposed to hand holding.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fordfarmer123

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Dec 3, 2018
Looks like Masterclass is going to have Chris Voss coming up, the FBI negotiator from "Never Split the Difference" book.

I have been listening to this book for the past week at work and it’s very interesting. Hopefully by the time I’m done with the book the Masterclass will be out.

I just read this post discovering Masterclass thanks for the resource.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
@MJ DeMarco - Is this thread at the "Sticky Post" for the new comers in the forum?

I thought there was a sticky post tab/section with Golden & Notable posts are together at once which is easy to navigate to read.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
The buy one, get one free deal is back for a second straight Black Friday: https://www.masterclass.com/all-access-pass

I keep looking at this and am willing to pay $90 for 1-year access to Masterclass, but not $180. Anyone want to split the buy one, get one free offer with me?

EDIT: Successfully split this with another poster. Love this community!

Last edited:

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
For business processes, I want to know the 'WHY' more than the 'HOW'.

Why does Entrepreneur Edison designshis own product and distribution systems, as opposed to following an MLM?

Why does Writer X troll forums and go for long trips as opposed to seating at a desk, forcing every scrap of creativity out from his brain?

Why does Inventor Jack get local manufacturers as opposed to hitting up good ol' China?

From the WHYs, I can decide if
- I have the ingredients to make their tactics work, or if I can use just a bit of time to get the ingredients

-these methods have a weakness that needs to be addressed, and I might have a means for that

-I can replicate the frameworks into OTHER fields or pursuits

And I don't write at 2am after a cold shower...my brain gets too blank for that. I somehow do good writing during lunchtime on my phone!
I'm really into making my life easier now. I like to ask questions and learn from others' experiences.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Absolutely. There's a great Hans Zimmer one for film music too.

The cynic in me says it's a great example of survival bias - you could do all the same things 100 times and likely not achieve the same results.

But the cynic in me routinely misses the broader point, which is why I try not to listen to him ;)

I have the Ron Howard and Aaron Sorkin ones queued up for when I have time. Not because I believe I'll ever write or direct a feature film, but because I love the art form and I love to learn.

Wait, there is a freaking Hans Zimmer class?
Jesus.
I know what my musician son is getting for Christmas. Thanks for the tip.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Speaking of learning from masters in their craft, I watched yesterday this documentary about this Japanese chef a highly recommend it to anyone wanting to see what it takes to become a virtuoso at something and work ethic mindset.
That's an amazing film.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018
I just saw the Masterclass ad on youtube featuring Chris Voss. The 2-for-1 offer is back. All-Access is 2 passes for $180 (50% off).

Super tempting.

Anyone want to split this with me? It expires in 3 hours...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.