The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No motivation i just can't help me please!

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
its just 4 months when i started all this wannabe millionaire stuff its so hard to change your mindset i played games all my life. When i started reading all this information on how to be succesful i made some hard decisions to sell my ps3 and all my games and sell it all. Now i buy books instead of games but i realy need some help i gotta do this all on my own and nobody helps me i know what i am asking is real sidewalkish but i can't help it at the beginning i was so motivated but now i am in a downwards spiral maybe some people have made it out of the situation i am in and i would really appreciate the advice.

i am 17 now i am still in school i just don't have the motivation to do my school homework its so boring and i feel like i am wasting time i say to myself for hours i am starting now and then i don't another hour goes by and in the afternoon i feel like i wasted another day this life is so f*cked up.
And now that summer is coming i just want to sit in the sun and do nothing and think about my life maybe there are several factors why i don't have any motivation these are the factors i think:

-No distraction's
-No work
-No real life mentors
-No achievements
-Feel like i am wasting my life
-No positive persons around me
-Can't move away im stuck
-Almost summer vacation and feel like doing nothing

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Start by doing something. Seek out work, accomplish goals, create something. Think about how many LIGHTYEARS ahead of any people your age you will be by the time you graduate.

Think about what you want from life, and take it.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Start by doing something. Seek out work, accomplish goals, create something.

i have a goal list that consist of:
1)Read the millionaire fastlane everyday for 2 hours
2)Do all my homework 2 hours a day
3)Be muscilaire at the end of the year
4)Wake up everyday at 7 am
5)Find work that earns a minimum of 4 euro's a hour
6)Saved 30k before my 23 to invest

But i am now in a downwards spiral and trying to get out once my mindset is fully changed i think i will be very succesful and capable of achieving great things but i just started and the beginning is the hardest part thx for the post btw :)

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
The fastlane is not for everyone, how bad do you want it?

And maybe you should just get a summer job where you have to work 8 hours a day, every day. If that doesn't motivate you, I don't know what would.

p.s. Where are you located exactly?

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
The fastlane is not for everyone, how bad do you want it?

At the beggining i was thinking about it day and night i couldn't wait to start the day and do research but after a period of time my motivation went down and now i am here

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
1)Read the millionaire fastlane everyday for 2 hours
Reading the book over and over and over is not going to bring you closer to success

2)Do all my homework 2 hours a day
Not moving you towards success, but necessary

3)Be muscilaire at the end of the year
It's good to be healthy, but it will only dent your bank account more if you're not making money

4)Wake up everyday at 7 am
Has zero effect on if you will be successful or not

F*ck no, get a mentor or internship and work for free, learning how to flip burgers wont do much for you in life

6)Saved 30k before my 23 to invest
Investing 30k will bring in basically nothing in income. Your 17, in 6 years you want to have 30k? That's 5k/year when you could be a multi-millionaire by then

Out of all your goals, I read absolutely nothing about STARTING A BUSINESS, how are you supposed to be successful if you don't set yourself up for success?

Maybe the fastlane isn't for you, it's not for everyone. If it is for you , if you do want to crawl out of the mediocre world we live in and really truly experience life to the fullest, you need to aim higher! Find a need, solve that need, scale it, and you could make 30k every two weeks instead of every 6 years.

(Edit: PM me if you want, I am the same age as you)

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Reading the book over and over and over is not going to bring you closer to success

the purpose of the goal is there to finish the book because i did not have reached page 200 yet

and the other goals are just full of crap i think like you basicly said.

get a mentor or internship and work for free

I wil look into that and i will see what i can do

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012

Yes, go do that. Now, imagine doing that for the rest of your life. If you still need more motivation...then there is something seriously wrong with you. Take action.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Go get the shittiest job that you can think of and don't woos out on this. Trust me once you waste a summer doing some horrible shit for practically no money you will have the motivation to never do that again.

I also think that internship/mentor is a great idea but make sure you work to get as much as possible out of the experience. The knowledge gained is worth more then the money and that is usually up to you. There are a few internships that I did early on that I regret not getting more out of because I wasn't as focused as I should have been.

stephanduq

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 7, 2013
Training discipline, and finishing your tasks and responsibilities are actually essential traits to pick up before you should even consider starting a business. Getting a healthy routine is a very good way to set yourself up for succes.

Starting a business as one of the first steps is an idiotic suggestion. Especially in the Dutch culture, where one bankruptcy will cripple you for decades in many different ways besides the financial set back.

Do things slowly, try a lot of things out, talk with your teachers about possibilities, I know many local schools have some opportunities where students can practice and learn business in school shops, buurthuizen, etc. Start selling some things you own on marktplaats, learn how to deal with people and make them buy something.

I would suggest that you find BNR Nieuwsradio, and start listening to their shows. They have a show in the weekend that is about very young entrepeneurs meeting old ones, I suspect that could be inspiring for you ;)

PS: Invest in learning to speed-read. The faster you can read and absorb data, the less time it takes.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
You will only solve this by action. Because once you do something, you are in a new perspective, and now can consider things in a new light. Don't think about fastlane or that you must be rich by xyz. Just accomplish stuff - create something, write something, find a way to make $. Anything.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Starting a business as one of the first steps is an idiotic suggestion.

Your right, I am an idiot and know nothing (even though that is not what I said).

If you don't want to put your neck out there quite yet, get a mentor or do an internship and see how it's done. I never learned somewhere how to be self driven or work smart so I can't tell you how to go about that, but you need it to run a business, obviously. Asking a teacher where you can learn about business is like asking a blind man to read a map for you.

A day on the job is worth a year in the classroom, be ready to fail because failures are the pillars of success. You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

G

GuestUser8117

Hmmm, I suggest that you find a way to genereta ideas. What do people need? They need clothes, entertainment, food, health etc. What do they like? Traveling, music, socializing via social networks,etc. Find a need, create value, get customers( educate yourself on marketing) and see if your idea works. If it works, good, you are an innovator, a creator of something valuable. That, my friend is an accomplishment. As for the motivation, read books on personal development, implement new habits, and ask yourself this : Do you want to live like a corporate zombie all your life? Or you want to experience freedom to live your wildest dreams.

stephanduq

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 7, 2013
Your right, I am an idiot and know nothing (even though that is not what I said).

My apologies, that was a very harsh reaction ;) I have just seen too many local companies going under and leaving a giant wreckage because they tried to adopt a very straight forward American approach to a culture that does not work well with it.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Positive thinking didn't do anything for me either. Use negative motivation - Fear. Now instead of thinking "I will have a Ferrari one day" I think "If I keep going like this I will never have a Ferrari" and it puts my a$$ in gear.

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
I personally get more motivated by non materialistic goals and fears. Like living live like zombie, not living life to the fullest, having someone tell you what to do half your life.

And you can very well live another day after a bankruptcy in The Netherlands. You just have to make sure you got yourself covered.

rogen

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
May 27, 2013
-
Your thread somehow forced me to finally set up account on this forum after 4 months.. Let me introduce myself. I'm 19 years old guy from eastern European small town placed in beautiful scenery (cool right? It's cool if you have money and time to actually "live" in this part of the world. Sadly many people here don't have that privilege..I'm one of them.)

You know, 2 years ago I was in the same situation as you, I was fascinated by rich and successful people, I was always wondering "what's the difference between me and them? Why they have this opportunity to do what they want, where they want?" anyways I started looking for more examples on the Internet, I was reading about stories of people who made it big in the web, and how they managed to do this while being in their teens. Internet IS a godsend for people. So then I registered on different money making forums (one of them was BHW) and in matter of time I stared making money online. First with microjob website called "crowdcloud" (I was getting 4$ a day average for like two weeks! I was happy as f***) but then this income source dried out and I was forced to look for another one.
I found a method on BHW forum and it was kind of my first business, I was reselling fiverr gig for more than 5$. After spamming fb with my "offer" and soon making 3-10$ I was able to withdraw my first 56$ to bank. Funny thing happened here, I withdrawed this money to my father's credit card, and since he had two accounts, he gave me wrong card to wrong account. Can you imagine when you're saying to everyone "I'm making money online! In three days I will have this money in my hand! Wooho!" and then this money isn't arriving. Most of society in here is COMPLETELY convinced that you CAN'T make money online. So everyone told me to leave my business because it's all lies. So I did. I gave up hope on it.
After one month, one beautiful morning I woke up to a account status letter that came by post. It turned out that money was there, just on diffirent bank account. It was my first success in business, I proved to everyone who had doubt in me that 1) I'm not crazy 2) I'm making money online while they work their asses off. ;)

I even still have that account summary letter. So anyways I re-launched my business,I was making money online throughout all summer and holidays (that feel when you wake up after friends 18 birthday with hangover, sipping tea and seeing that "you received payment" email.) after summer my business died, because I had no control over it.
Fastforward one year, I still don't have Idea for my next business, but Im sure of some things

1) This will be legit business
2) It will provide value
3) It will help me to get out of my town and move out to bigger city nearby.

This post have purpose of motivating you. You know, one success breeds another, so start out small, if you prove that you can do this, then there is no limits for you.

I wish you and me to finally have this Idea which will solve people problems and in effect help us.

Also, summer is PERFECT time for business creation (I dont know about you, but it motivates me to have more money in the summer because money=more options), you dont have to sit in home, just have some time for business (morings and evenings) and have fun for rest of the day.

stephanduq

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Apr 7, 2013
I personally get more motivated by non materialistic goals and fears. Like living live like zombie, not living life to the fullest, having someone tell you what to do half your life.

And you can very well live another day after a bankruptcy in The Netherlands. You just have to make sure you got yourself covered.

This is one we should discuss over a coffee ;)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You need structure. Plain and simple. Get yourself on a full schedule, from waking up to going to bed, and gear it toward productivity. Give yourself a day or two a week to rest, play games, meet girls, whatever, and then do it again.

There's a reason that kids under the age of 18 go to school from 8 to 3.

thesearch

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 14, 2013
Perhaps what's causing your lack of motivation is something more personality related? Like fear of failure, lack of confidence or something along these lines.. Of course this is just an assumption, since I don't know you, but don't overlook it.

What I think you should do is set your goals and objectives but in a different way.

IMO you should set long term goals, like for example, 10 years goals.

- where do you want to be in terms of health, freedom (be able to do the things you want), relationships etc?
- what are your dreams and what will you have to do to fulfill them?

also, look at it from another perspective.

- what will happen if you continue without motivation? you'll get a shi*y job and never be able to reach your goals?

On another note, you're still very young and already took an interest on your future and the fastlane, so it is more than the vast majority of the people your age. Try to take small steps everyday towards your goal and keep browsing this awesome forum.

Cheers

qewrtyass

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Apr 30, 2013
gez relax boy. 17 with recognition to fast-lane is already one step ahead.
anyway you need at least experience.
try working for someone else.
get the 'chill' of business environment.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Especially in the Dutch culture

haha if i ever want to start a bussines not in holland for me because you gotta pay alot of taxes!! i also think europe is alot more different than america in terms of doing bussines its easier i think in america because its a big country with no borders and many people to profit from.

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
Positive thinking didn't do anything for me either. Use negative motivation

I think that is actualy a very good one because everybody always says think positive but negative thinking is a other way but you have different kinds you are reccomending the right kind the bad kind of negative thinking is : i can't do this etc

Brentnal

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jan 23, 2013
Netherlands/Sidewalk
i realy don't have a fear that may be one of the reasons ill give a example:
One time at school i had alot of homework for the next day if i did not handed it in i would have to do another year over so when i came home i was doing my homework from 4 pm after school till midnight 2 am if i had fear i would work that hard

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
haha if i ever want to start a bussines not in holland for me because you gotta pay alot of taxes!! i also think europe is alot more different than america in terms of doing bussines its easier i think in america because its a big country with no borders and many people to profit from.

typical.

excuses don't solve problems.

you do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads