The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Coworking Space, Where To Find Like Minded People

Talb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jan 26, 2021
Quick question, if you couldn't go to a coworking space for a better work environment with like minded people and home wasn't an option either where would you work from?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Are you trying to find like minded people or get work done? If I couldn't work from home, and didn't have access to a coworking space or private office, I'd go to a library or see if any family members work during the day that will let me use their kitchen or something to work from while they're out.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Quick question, if you couldn't go to a coworking space for a better work environment with like minded people and home wasn't an option either where would you work from?

Only you can answer this, since you said "like-minded"

So what would YOU do?

Past that, maybe a coffee shop?

Mat79

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 2, 2020
Dallas, TX
I'm struggling with this myself. I've been moving around a lot because of my current job so it's hard to get involved with anything. Regarding the part of the question of meeting like minded people, I think part of the answer is just to be more involved in your community - volunteer, join the local Toastmasters, Rotary Club, Sierra Club, martial arts club of your choice. The more people you meet in general the more likely you are to find some that are like-minded. Another path might be to put out content in your social media that you would be attracted to that might in turn attract like-minded people. Start working on projects that interest you and let it be know your looking for others who are interested in working on the same things. Of course if there is a specific field you're interested there are often trade associations you may be able to join as well.

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii
I'm curious if anyone had any benefits or connections from a co-working space?

I never saw the allure of spending/renting a desk at a co-worker space where the whole point of being there is to not get distracted.

A 24hr cafe works just fine.

GiacoQ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 31, 2022
caro @Talbo non mollare, vai in bar, caffè e comincia un lavorare, magari qualcuno passa ed è interessato....chiedi ai parenti e amici e spiegagli la situazione...ricorda il motivo per cui fai quello che fai. vivo in un piccolo paese in Umbria in Italia e sono pochi che la pensano come me...pochi ma esistono e con il tempo e la voglia li trovi...e poi c'è internet ei forum come questi. non trovare scuse e comincia a fare da solo....che un aiuto arriva di sicuro.

buona fortuna di cuore!!!

Talb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jan 26, 2021
Are you trying to find like minded people or get work done? If I couldn't work from home, and didn't have access to a coworking space or private office, I'd go to a library or see if any family members work during the day that will let me use their kitchen or something to work from while they're out.
Both. They say that you are the average of the 5 people that you spend the most time with.
I got a foundational job for my personal needs but none of my coworkers are entrepreneurial or like minded and neither are my friends or family.
The coworking space has a monopoly in the city, the only one there, and denied me 24/7 access.

Talb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jan 26, 2021
I'm curious if anyone had any benefits or connections from a co-working space?

I never saw the allure of spending/renting a desk at a co-worker space where the whole point of being there is to not get distracted.

A 24hr cafe works just fine.
There isn't a 24hr cafe in Erie, PA but I can still head over to one for a few hours. I listened to an audio clip on YouTube from Tai Lopez, he mentioned that humans learn primarily from osmosis ie.- You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. No tight knit family, no friends around, no like minded coworkers at wage slave job. And the coworking space denied me 24/7 access.

Talb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jan 26, 2021
Only you can answer this, since you said "like-minded"

So what would YOU do?

Past that, maybe a coffee shop?
Ideally I would head to a coworking space with 24/7 access. The only one in the city, denied my request even though I spent money with them more than once by purchasing a day pass. They're the only coworking space in the city, so they have no direct competition.

Feeling jaded, I may just continue to buy day passes or head to a cafe. The day passes are expensive for me. At $20 a day

Talb

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Jan 26, 2021
caro @Talbo non mollare, vai in bar, caffè e comincia un lavorare, magari qualcuno passa ed è interessato....chiedi ai parenti e amici e spiegagli la situazione...ricorda il motivo per cui fai quello che fai. vivo in un piccolo paese in Umbria in Italia e sono pochi che la pensano come me...pochi ma esistono e con il tempo e la voglia li trovi...e poi c'è internet ei forum come questi. non trovare scuse e comincia a fare da solo....che un aiuto arriva di sicuro.

buona fortuna di cuore!!!
Thanks for the encouragement. I will head to cafes instead.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.