The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

briteusa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 18, 2017
North Carolina
I am broke, living from pay check to check. I have researched many ways to get out of this rat race and found out the best way is to create value to the masses.
I stumbled on MJ DeMarco audio book - Unscripted ...during my quest for a better life and was hooked by the content.
Here I am, what's next?

Regards,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

briteusa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 18, 2017
North Carolina
Read the book I wrote before Unscripted , The Millionaire Fastlane -- it goes more into the mathematics of wealth.

Welcome to the board -- we always suggest reading the GOLD and NOTABLE threads.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Dear Mr. MJ,
Thanks for replying. I have completed listening to the Unscripted through audible app and have started the listening to The Millionaire Fastlane . It has already made tremendous impact on me. Also, I have downloaded those two books so that I can continue to refresh my memory after the audio versions. I will get back to you soon.
Regards,
Nmah.

briteusa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 18, 2017
North Carolina
Hello All,
Ref: "YES You Can Learn Your Way to a FASTLANE at Udemy!"

Please, what are your course recommendations? There are sales going on at Udemy and I want to take advantage of the sales.
Regards,

dior616

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 9, 2017
Texas
Hello All,
Ref: "YES You Can Learn Your Way to a FASTLANE at Udemy!"

Please, what are your course recommendations? There are sales going on at Udemy and I want to take advantage of the sales.
Regards,

Like books, learning from courses just to 'learn' isn't going to get you anywhere. Become self-aware and learn about what specific problem/question you have. Learning say digital marketing course isn't going to do much if you don't even have a product/service to market as opposed to taking a course on how to come up and create your own product/service.

briteusa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 18, 2017
North Carolina
Thank you for your quick reponse. I will focus to learn how to create my own products.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
I am broke, living from pay check to check. I have researched many ways to get out of this rat race and found out the best way is to create value to the masses.
I stumbled on MJ DeMarco audio book - Unscripted ...during my quest for a better life and was hooked by the content.
Here I am, what's next?

Regards,
Welcome!

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
I am broke, living from pay check to check....
Here I am, what's next?

I was there a few years ago. Not quite broke but close; big mortgage; 5 mouths to feed.

Somehow I found the resolve to decide that come hell or high water, I was going to never spend a penny I didn't have available in cash. I had been putting groceries on a credit card and paying it off each month, but that was becoming most months. I did this:

• I applied for overdraft protection of $1500 at my bank
  • I stopped carrying a credit card
  • I went into overdraft instead of using a credit card
  • I canceled all recurring payments that I could
  • Once a month, I stopped by the bank and had them reduce my overdraft allowance by $50-100. This raised eyebrows, as their job is to convince you to "increase your buying power" which is a bullshit statement that ropes in suckers; but they did it.
  • At the same time I started saving a few dollars - literally - every week
  • After 18 months I was no longer dipping into overdraft each month, nor was I ever putting anything on a credit card
  • I got a small bonus every few months and used it to wipe out credit cards once and for all (most months had got to be some months...)
  • I crossed the no-overdraft line in August 2016. Today I have $10,000 in my chequing account that is budgeted in my YNAB program (google it) and is not being spent on month-to-month expenses. It will probably be my next car, which I'll buy used and old for cash rather than taking on monthly payments.

Don't get me wrong - I don't believe in getting rich by cutting out coffee. You have to find a way to increase your means; but you do still have to live within them, in the meantime. You can't fix your finances overnight, but you certainly can improve them overnight.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Here I am, what's next?

Regards,
Get your life under control first! Get your debts paid. Talk to the guy in the mirror. Figure out how you got to where you are. Make a second income on the side and use it and your pay check to get out of your situation. Once out, I'd figure out another plan.

briteusa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 18, 2017
North Carolina
Get your life under control first! Get your debts paid. Talk to the guy in the mirror. Figure out how you got to where you are. Make a second income on the side and use it and your pay check to get out of your situation. Once out, I'd figure out another plan.
Thanks for replying. I have started getting together how much is my monthly debt and I have also applied for side income besides my 9-5 job. I resolve to make a change for good.

briteusa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 18, 2017
North Carolina
I was there a few years ago. Not quite broke but close; big mortgage; 5 mouths to feed.

Somehow I found the resolve to decide that come hell or high water, I was going to never spend a penny I didn't have available in cash. I had been putting groceries on a credit card and paying it off each month, but that was becoming most months. I did this:

• I applied for overdraft protection of $1500 at my bank
  • I stopped carrying a credit card
  • I went into overdraft instead of using a credit card
  • I canceled all recurring payments that I could
  • Once a month, I stopped by the bank and had them reduce my overdraft allowance by $50-100. This raised eyebrows, as their job is to convince you to "increase your buying power" which is a bullshit statement that ropes in suckers; but they did it.
  • At the same time I started saving a few dollars - literally - every week
  • After 18 months I was no longer dipping into overdraft each month, nor was I ever putting anything on a credit card
  • I got a small bonus every few months and used it to wipe out credit cards once and for all (most months had got to be some months...)
  • I crossed the no-overdraft line in August 2016. Today I have $10,000 in my chequing account that is budgeted in my YNAB program (google it) and is not being spent on month-to-month expenses. It will probably be my next car, which I'll buy used and old for cash rather than taking on monthly payments.

Don't get me wrong - I don't believe in getting rich by cutting out coffee. You have to find a way to increase your means; but you do still have to live within them, in the meantime. You can't fix your finances overnight, but you certainly can improve them overnight.
Steve,
Thank you for your personal testimony. First, I have figured out my monthly debts. Second, I have applied for side jobs to bring in extra income to offset bills. Thirdly, I have resolved to be consistent in my quest to overcome debts. Once again, thank you.

briteusa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 18, 2017
North Carolina

I Am I Said

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
Steve,
Thank you for your personal testimony. First, I have figured out my monthly debts. Second, I have applied for side jobs to bring in extra income to offset bills. Thirdly, I have resolved to be consistent in my quest to overcome debts. Once again, thank you.

Good stuff, I'm sure you'll break this thing and make it work.

There's some good advice in one of the books about putting a few coins in a jar every day - not because it'll add up to much, but because it builds the habit of contributing to your eventual money system. Might that be worth adding to your three pillars?

briteusa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 18, 2017
North Carolina

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.