The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Newsflash: Fastlane is your only hope. Not stocks. Not Crypto. Not jobs.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Just popping in to talk some crap about crypto. It's one of those things that applies very strongly to my personal beliefs and sensibilities. A currency with no government stranglehold over control?! Inflation-proof?! Easy, non-centralized storage and transfers?!! Sign me up!!

In actual practice, none of that has worked out particularly well, and I've lost a decent but not painful amount of actual useful money playing around with it. I don't think about it every day anymore, I don't have the charts open in a browser tab, and I'm recommitted to adding value into the world instead of trying to extract "value" for myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Arch

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jan 27, 2023
London, UK
I got into meme stocks and crypto during the lockdowns, mostly out of boredom but a lot because I had extra money sitting around each month, which I felt wasn't working for me. It was addictive - I'd spend hours watching live streams of various content creators on YouTube watching their trades or commentary, then switch to videos which talked about the latest SHIT coin which was about to explode. What started with a $1000 in BTC, ETH and SHIB (before Elon posted a Shiba and it exploded) soon became me cashing out all my safe(r) stocks and throwing them into the latest coin that was rising by the day.

There were mornings I'd wake up and feel this thrill looking at my wallet and seeing that I'd made $10k overnight, and then timing the market opens to see it jump again. At one point I was at about $55k in profit overall, with $110k invested. Then I made fatal mistakes, time after time, of HODLing thinking everything would just keep growing or rebounding. I cashed out about $20k to buy a Mustang at my height, but reckon I lost about $40k before I finally hit rock bottom on everything.

I'm fortunately enough for this to not have broken me or jeapodise my life significantly. It was a nasty lesson and I felt gutted for weeks, just trying to forget that it had ever happen. Its so easy to just see numbers and think its not actual cash. Now I see how much money it represented and how it could have helped me pay off some of my mortgage, the finance on the Mustang or just been extra savings for to pour into a business system now.

I don't know where crypto is destined to go in our lifetimes, it could be a .com bubble burst before it becomes mainstream, or be proven to be the ponzi scheme that many have been arguing since its inception. I just know that I'm not going to be as cavalier with any kind of investment again.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
I've been here for 15 years.

Over that time, I seen a bunch of "get rich" trends come and go.

These flavors are hot for a few years, then disappear.

Each time, some threads blow up with folks who are starry-eyed about how wealthy they're going to get as they do nothing but hop aboard a trend and "HOPE" and "WAIT".

And then like clockwork, reality hits.

Their ideas of "getting rich" investing in some meme or crypto stocks goes bust. They don't get rich and they have to start over. Worse, they wasted YEARS of their life "waiting, investing" or whatever. During that time, they gained ZERO practical business experience.

As crypto shits the toilet, as stocks shit the toilet, as the economy shits the toilet, as inflation skyrockets, what remains as the only true method of obtaining sustainable, controllable wealth? A FASTLANE BUSINESS.

Let's be clear: A Fastlane business IS, and WILL REMAIN, your best bet at acquiring sustainable wealth fast, and asymmetrically.

Not stocks.

Not cryptocurrency.

Not some hot bandwagon trend.

The only exception is if you SERVE these industries in a Fastlane Business, you know, the old "sell shovels in a gold rush."

I noticed in 2022 that a lot of the hype of crypto and stock trading talk has dwindled to nothing.

Why?

Duh... people are losing money hand over fist.

People are discovering they HAVE ZERO control over the economy, crypto exchanges, central bank decisions, supply chain bottlenecks, and other BS.

When your wealth acceleration vehicle cannot be controlled, you're not an entrepreneur, you're an investor and speculator.

FACT: Your best bet for wealth acceleration will always come from your Fastlane, CENTS based business. Not from stocks, not from cyrpto, not from day-trading Gamestop, and not from anything hyped in the retail mainstream.

Sad that millions of people will soon discover that they put all their eggs in the WRONG basket.

Yes, stocks will recover. Crypto likely will survive. But the point is, why have you not TAKEN CONTROL OVER YOUR FINANCIAL LIFE?

You don't have play these games.

Focus on a business and grow your way into the 1%.

Leave the rest of the hype for the 99%.
Definitely, a fastlane business can help you achieve massive success within 5-8 years if you follow the CENTS philosophy.

No other business or thing can take you this far, this fast. Not crypto, not stocks, not some other fad.

Doing things that 99% of people are doing, will keep you chained in the 99%.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco for creating this wonderful community where I learn something new daily.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
You are in essence, trading one hyperreality for another, and the trading it. I don't even know what you can buy with one BTC? I've learned a lot about Crypto and its tech thanks to James Jani. (Going to give credit where it's due) his investigation skills/research are very impressive.

I love his story telling skills to, keeps you engaged and well informed on such topics.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.