The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Newbie and taking action!

Jony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 27, 2021
Zurich
Hi everyone, new and excited to be here. I have actually been a Fastlane forum user since January but haven’t introduced myself since I didn’t want to post something without being 100% sure I will commit to it.

A little bit about myself:
I am an iOS developer. A few years back I setup a startup with a couple of friends and it didn’t work, we all had really clear responsibilities, 2 of us will take care of the technical side and one will do the marketing and finding stakeholders.
A few months later after the shut-down, when I put it in retrospective I realise that my co-founders weren’t 100% into the business and come to the real truth, finding co-founders is harder than finding your soulmate.

Since then I have been jumping between contracting and permanent roles. I have always known that getting wealth by working for someone else is difficult (you have better luck by buying lottery tickets). But, I didn’t know how to put the puzzle together, so I kept doing the best I know, which is learning. One day I found a YouTube video about launching an AI startup and started reading TMF (thanks M.J).

After finishing it and learning about the C.E.N.T.S framework (which put the puzzle together), I started looking for software products in my field to solve real problems.
I found out that due to the lockdown restrictions there are more people than ever spending a lot of time in virtual meetings with the need to copy text from their computer screen.

I then came with the idea of a MacOS app Home | LensOCR that allows you to grab any text from your Mac screen. It has had a great welcoming, it has also been launched in Product Hunt!

Any suggestions, improvements are appreciated!

Will keep you posted!
Thanks everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

mdot

Always Improve.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Dec 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I then came with the idea of a MacOS app that allows you to grab any text from your Mac screen. It has had a great welcoming, it has also been launched in Product Hunt!
So you can select text through a video call basically? Thats really cool, and it would definitely help for things like youtube videos teaching how to code and stuff too. Welcome to the forum, well done executing, and best of luck on your fastlane journey.

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
in retrospective I realise that my co-founders weren’t 100% into the business and come to the real truth, finding co-founders is harder than finding your soulmate.

Testify my good man! Lets share War Stories sometime! :roadblock::cash: :roadblock:

Jony

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 27, 2021
Zurich
So you can select text through a video call basically? Thats really cool, and it would definitely help for things like youtube videos teaching how to code and stuff too. Welcome to the forum, well done executing, and best of luck on your fastlane journey.
Exactly! there seems to be a lot of people that need to solve this problem, anyone working/studying from home really.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007