The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New to the forum, just started to get my world view UNSCRIPTED

simonstrand

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2022
Hi, I'm Simon from Copenhagen, Denmark.
I'm 31 years old, graduated from Copenhagen Business School in 2020 where I studied a Bachelor in Economics & Business Administration and a Master in Applied Economics & Finance and have worked as a business controller in a company since then.

I started reading UNSCRIPTED after I saw the book mentioned in a YouTube video by where it was praised.
The book has certainly challenged and changed my world view quite a bit - so much, that I've decided to quite my job due to several FTEs at it...

I don't know what the future holds for me right now - all I know is that I will NOT live a life chasing the next paycheck or feel enslaved to a job in the corporate world - I want to be in control of my own business and my life.

I have felt without a purpose for quite some time - my only purpose with business school was to learn, but I never felt I had a real passion or purpose working in the corporate world or climbing the corporate ladder.
My purpose now is to make an awesome business of my own and become economically independent.

I have been a creative person - before business school I went to both film school and acting school, but I couldn't wrap my head around making a living from it.
Apart from that I worked in a fitness chain, because I like fitness.
Today I spend most of my time working, learning some coding, reading books, doing a bit of painting, going to the gym and taking walks thinking about what kind of business I can make.
I still see myself as a creatively minded person, and I would like to put my head to use again in creative pursuits.

My plan is the read the two other books by MJ DeMarco and keep searching for ideas for a business to pursue.
Since I'm out of job by the end of January, I do need to find some way to get some income - hopefully part time time, so I have more time to develop my entrepreneurial mindset and journey.

If anyone has been in my situation, I would very much like to hear from you.

Best :)
- Simon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Welcome Simon! :)