The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Skype Mastermind Group - Limit 20 people. Fastlane members only.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Hey guys! Three years ago I created a mastermind group on the fastlane forum in order to learn to code from scratch... and it worked. But after 3 years and completing our goal the original group has grown apart and It's time to make a new one.

This year the goal for the mastermind is to build a scalable business that can generate $250k in net profits per year. The time frame is within 3 years. And the first year's milestone is to reach $50,000 within 2013 to prove each of our businesses is valid. Meeting will take place on skype once per week & we will keep each other accountable.

Does anyone want to join? PM me your skype details, or leave them in the thread.

- Josh

p.s. $250,000 a year as a 3 year goal might seem slow to some, but I think it's enough time to give us a real shot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I will join if room is available. No skype yet, wanted to go ahead and chime in incase space is limited

Spyder

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 11, 2012
I would be interested in joining.
I am working on opening a new business as we speak.

My Skype name is GoProfi

Just let me know.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Thanks guys,

Space is filling up faster than I expected but there is still room. For those who have sent me their skype information expect to see a invite over the weekend.

p.s. Here's the example of the kind of progress I expect from members who stick with our group. After a few years of struggling they have finally hit their target mark (i.e. reaching profitability).

- Chargify is Profitable!

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
I'm interested. Shoot me the details. My goals for this year is $50,000 with my current start up as well.

One thing that could be important to note is location of the members. It seems as though most mentioned here are in the USA and specifically in the east to midwest. For anyone considering to join from say Europe or Asia keep in mind meeting times may not be the most convenient for you (depending on your schedule)

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
Barry876

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I'm down. PM me with details.

Disclaimer: I am not currently working on a project.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I'd recommend limiting your group, and adding some requirements to get in. This will increase the chance of success for everyone involved. A 20 person group is not really a mastermind in my opinion. It's more of a discussion group. Couple guys will add value, and the rest will listen/watch. If you had 3-5 people who were dedicated, that's much more powerful than going for quantity of guys not doing anything.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Hey guys, thanks for the interest. Just in case you're worried I'm not shrinking the groups size or adding in requirements except for the ones detailed in the first post.

There's still room for 5-6 slots depending if one of the earlier posters has obtained a skype Id yet. Cheers.

- Josh

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
so this is a group of people that will work on one project like a startup?
(why not google hangout :p )

This is more like a standard mastermind. Everyone works on their own projects but helps motivate each other to ensure everyone completes their goal. It's like pair programming, social creatures (humans) are more useful in groups.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
There's still room for 5-6 slots depending if one of the earlier posters has obtained a skype Id yet. Cheers.

I PMd my skype if this is referencing me

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Why are we forming a 20 person mastermind group?

Might as well be called the Fastlane Forum lol

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Hi guys, thanks for the interest. The group is officially full. I'll contact *every single person* that has given their skype information this saturday. We went over a bit so 2-3 of you unfortunately won't get in.

The first 10 who pmed/posted skype information are automatically accepted because they showed the most passion. The last 10 will be picked based on age from oldest to youngest. As in my experience older members have more to give to the group, are more serious, and are more realistic about their abilities.

p.s. The reason the group is 20 people is because after running masterminds for a few years, I've realized a small group dies out too quickly. 20 is a large enough number that every single serious member of the group should at least be able to take away 5 good relationships from the matter.

Also, I go to a lot of startup meetups in chicago and they are usually around 20 people & it's a great experience.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
Hi guys. Update on the group. Life has thinned out our numbers but a few of us are still going & we're going to be successes. I'm proud to announce that I've shipped my first product!

It's a digital magazine for Apple's newsstand. You can check it out here. - http://bit.ly/14c6pqb

Don't give up guys. Keep going!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.