The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Intro And Thoughts About Business Ideas

Idea threads

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
Hello Everyone,

I'm registered here for approximately a year now and reading more passively.

I would now like to introduce myself again and in addition I have 5 digital business concepts,
I would really appreciate your thoughts on them, especialy MJ.
I can write all of them in a different post or thread, it depends on what do you like most.
I am especialy interested in your thoughts about commandment of need.

I am 25 from Germany and have a lot experience as salesman on commision and also started coding when I was 15. I guess I have solid foudations when it comes to both but I am no expert either.

Until now I have read TMF once an heard it in audible 2-3 times especially when I go to sleep. I love it! It is still the best book.

Last year I tried my first fastlane attempt and outsourced a lot. The result was I got fooled and lost thousands of euros. Today I still get some payments from old commisions, It is not much but it lasts for some time. It means I have nearly no money but a lot of time 70h workweek is no problem for now.

I would like to start with one of the upcoming Ideas in some days maybe a week.
After I pick one I would love to delete the posts or threads and pot the other Into the executioner needed section.

My intention here is to find one I will execute now, maybe you can give me some advice or alert me if you see any problem.

And I will open a progress Thread for the one I choose

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
1. Photo Review Application

Concept: A simple Application to get photos rated for Job applications and dating apps.
Probally there is no need to explain the first impression.
Any user can upload a photo and gets some reviews from other users.

So you get votes as to whether look competent, hot, smart or not. When it comes to dating Photos,
I would like to use a date or no date rating. My though is hot or not is more important than how smart do you look like.
For application photos I could be more detailed.
I assume a manager takes a bit more time than a person on a dating platform, but I don't know for sure.

When ever you vote a user votes he gets some points. And whenever gets voted he pays them.
Of cource getting a vote takes more than you get by voting. It means you vote more than you get votes. There additionals votes can be bougth by other users instead of voting. thats the way to monetize.

I have seen there are competitiors outside but no one does a job were I feelt satisfied with.

Strenghs: I can code everything by myself. Probaly I don't need much or any help with this project.

Weaknesses: There is a lot of competition out there! I guess marketing will exceed my budget.
And is this a real need?

USP: I haven't seen any competior using gamifiaction here. And I haven't seen any who has a hot or not only.

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
2. Sharing Economy Daily Shopping

This is my toughest. And I already but effort in it, and I am still at the beginning!

Concept:
It works like uber just for your personal daily shopping in a supermarket. Any user can create a shopping list of food for now, but later I would like to add more items.

And now it comes: You can upload your shopping list and users nearby can see it. You upload I a request, you ask other people to but the list for you!
They may accept and bring the goods to you.
Of course you pay for delivery to the other user.

My goal is much more.
I want to track peoples location and send any new request directly to people,
who are already in the chosen supermarket and shop for themselves.
In this case no one need to shop just for someone else.

In German big cities (where I live) food delivery becomes more and more important if I go this way, then I need to do it know!

And more:
When it is successful we have a bunch of data. Nutrition behavior data. In this case I really really would love an AI to analyze them and compare to health Issues of our customers...

I would love to find a prove food directly affects health and kick in big Pharmas a$$ for all their bullshit teachings about "healthy nutrition".
Or maybe they are right.
This alone make me keen to do this.

Strengths:
I guess this a very high potential but also a very high risk of failure. What do you think. And in addition it is a disruptive idea.
Just Imagine when nearly any good of retailers is delivered this way! Delivery time becomes faster than ever before.
It attacks shipping companies and online stores while supporting retailers at the same time.

Weaknesses:
There a lot. Sharing Economy only works if you have a bunch of people in an area.
1. Some Users In China some in the US and some In Europe won't help.
2. I expect very high marketing costs. I cannot afford. I will need an investor and investors want to see a result.
3. The hardest execution
4. I have no marketing plan yet.

Monetize:
Also a bit difficult because services like PayPal take fees on the whole cost while we only can take a small fee. e.g. PayPal takes 1,9% + 0,35 cents for a $110 shipment.
Means $2,44. Assume the goods cost $100 there are $7,56 left.
How many can we take how many does the delivering user get?

I found some solutions, but I am not satisfied yet. If you like to know more I can go in detail tell you.

Additions:
This Project contains stuff where I need some help with coding yet.
I will learn it but it takes time.
Because of the target group issues I have a lot of ideas to start at first for example, you invite friends to shop for you at first. This thing is damn complicated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
3. TimeTable Maker and App

Germany's administration is still in the middle age. Nearly everything is inefficient and slow.

Concept:
An algorithm generates timetables for schools.
This is nothing special yet, but there is more.
It considers a teachers personal preferences and makes a new timetable each week
In case a teacher cannot give lessons on Wednesday the program generates a new timetable for next week.

In Germany we have still many schools who have no mobile timetable,
because we are at medieval age in these things.
A lot uses software to make their timetables,
but they don't change them weekly to prevent lost lessons.

When a teacher has an appointment with a dentist, this lessons are often lost, sometimes another teacher appears for him. My algorithm can easily make a new timetable for this week without losses or ugly times like Friday afternoon!

Teachers send their preferred times remote from home.
Students and teachers get their new timetable by phone every week. Easy solution!

Strengths:
Easy to code until now.
The whole country need more digital tech.

Weaknesses:
In Germany you need a certification to sell anything to schools or any government facility.
It looks hard to get one.
There a lot competitors but no one has this 2in1 solution.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
For each of your ideas, talk to people who you think could be your customers, and find out if they have pain for those problems--and if they'd pay for a solution. Some of the ideas might be "nice to have" but not be powerful enough to get people eager to pay. Oftentimes (usually) a "maybe" is a "no." Look for problems with a lot of pain--where, when you ask them to get their credit card out to pay, people say "Hell yes!"

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
4) Sharing Economy Cleaning

This is also easy to explain.

I hate cleaning but I always want a clean flat.
A Platform like Upwork just for cleaning services.
You can either clean for others or get your stuff cleaned.
Flat, Cars what ever. Probably here is no much explanations needed, monetized by commission.

Needs:
Dislike to clear or desire / need to earn some money Strength: Easy to create Weakness: Sharing Economy needs a lot of customers.

5) Hire Hair Stylist

It is similar to Upwork again. Hairstylists can be hired online.

I personally hate it to go outside and check out all hairstylists.
This online plattform makes it easier.
Hairstylists can come home when they have the equipment.

I add it because this was also a hate on twitter after I have seen MJ's video about how to find a need.

Strength:
Easy to make this app / website.

Weakness:
Hairstylists my not work on their own when they are employed by another hairstylist.
Basically this is so simple i don't get it.

It was the result of MJ's video like I said.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Which one do you think is nice to have, which yes and which do you think is a no?
Ask the market. If they'll pay for it, that's true validation.

My--or others'--opinion, unless we're your target customer, will be uninformed & could lead you astray.

jpn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
May 6, 2017
Netherlands
Quick thoughts:

1) I would never use it for job applications. Main reason is that in my country adding a photo to a CV is uncommon. Dating app I can’t comment on.

2)I hate grocery shopping. But I’d prefer to order from the grocery store for delivery because then I know who I can complain to if my groceries are damaged or they’re not the exact right brand that I wanted.

3) talk to school administrators on why they don’t have this yet.

4) aren’t there like 3 businesses already doing that? Like helpling? Also can be incredibly hard to get started (good entry) but will be very hard without a lot of capital to sign up users.

5) I dislike going the hairdresser too. It might work, challenge I see is in getting paid for ongoing appointments. Once the hairdresser and client have met, why would they keep using your service? Or will you have a different business model?

Jueruss

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
@jpn
1. Good objection

2.Yes, here are many open questions left. I thought when it grows supermarkets will pack the goods while a customers ships them. We have chains who desperately push their own delivery system while others have none. If it's damaged this is again a open question. Right brand could be fixed when a chain supports the app.

3. Good approach

4. The exact same thing?

5. Yes I know about this problem. It was also a
problem I thought about an idea two. My solution the contributors haslve to pay a monthly fee instead of commission's.

I also like to add gamification elements, to get it spread. And ofc add different services like makeup artists or maybe clean / shop services.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!