The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New Facebook Application

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
I have an idea about an application that can be created on facebook. It is supposed to cater to those who are competitive in nature and are interested in activities like sports.

I would like to get a second opinion on it because I have no background in programing and I am not really sure if it can be set up as an application.

I know there are a few of you out there who have already created an application or are in the process of creating an application on facebook. Would anyone of you want to see if it could work? If we can create something out of it, then maybe you can have me as a parter.

But, how do I make it so that I can share my idea but still make it so that it is protected from being stolen?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
The best way would be to require to sign an NDA before revealing your idea.

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
Thank you, Jorge.

Do you know where I can obtain one? Would I need the assistance of an attorney?

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
Jakko, I think with this you are good to go. You see, the problem is not to "hide" the idea from everyone. Is doing it!!

Check this for the NDA: https://www.tractis.com/

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
:iagree: Ditto on the above. Preoccupation with protecting the idea usually results in an idea not executed. Just do it ... ideas are a dime a dozen, execution is 1 in a million.

scorpio70

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 14, 2008
FIRST POST - Re: New Facebook Application

I just joined, this is my first post, and I can relate 100% to your concerns. I also have a facebook app under development. I've broken my project up into parts, so that nobody working on it knows exactly what it is. The core of the application is a website/web based application developed by someone else. Then there is the facebook-centric graphic design done by a designer, with a mockup done by me using a facebook color pallette. Last of all I am learning some basic facebook markup language to turn the "website" into an app.

Personally I am not investing too much money in developing or advertising this because FB has a rep for being a poor advertising venue. I think a FB app(and mine, in particular - of course) is a good idea, but it will either "Go Big" or DIE, on its own merit. I'll let you know what my click through rate is like after my ads are up.

I am no expert, by the way, but I recommend that you become familiar with the terminology and process involved.

Some Facebook resources for you:
http://www.softwaredeveloper.com/features/develop-facebook-app-072607/
(List of How To's and Tutorials)

http://www.insidefacebook.com/2007/...brand-company-product-or-service-in-facebook/
(FB marketing bible)

Some other resources:
Joyent, Free Facebook App Host: http://joyent.com/developers/facebook/
(NO support, though. $45 setup/$45 month for low end cloud-computing service with support.)

Odesk: Hire freelancers - http://www.odesk.com/w/

PM me for my Facebook link.
Maybe we can work together on this or another future project. Anyone else on Facebook or interested in similar projects, talk to me. And no, I don't have capital and barely know anything about web development. I know just enough to hold a conversation with someone with real technical ability, and that's about it.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
I have an idea about an application that can be created on facebook. It is supposed to cater to those who are competitive in nature and are interested in activities like sports.

I would like to get a second opinion on it because I have no background in programing and I am not really sure if it can be set up as an application.

I know there are a few of you out there who have already created an application or are in the process of creating an application on facebook. Would anyone of you want to see if it could work? If we can create something out of it, then maybe you can have me as a parter.

But, how do I make it so that I can share my idea but still make it so that it is protected from being stolen?

Jakko,

Amongst many other web devs we are capable of doing, we ALSO do facebook applications. We actually just finished doing a "beer pong tournament tracker" application for a local college student ;-) If you want to get an idea of price, just shoot me an email at tom@aptohosting.com or call me at 1-866-404-9090.

Thanks,
Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
Jorge, JScott and MJ. Thanks guys. I know I can't always be preoccupied with protecting the idea. I am going to start implementing my ideas into action.

Scorpio, thank you for providing the links. Some of them had really great articles on various topics.

Apto, thank you for the offer. Right now, I am in the process of writing up a business plan so I'll let you know when I am ready to take it up to the next step.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.