The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New and, hopefully, Improved

Marketing, social media, advertising

bmarone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Nov 15, 2011
Here's the new, and hopefully improved, squeeze page/landing page.

I took some of the advice you guys gave me and applied it to my page. I had some trouble with a good tagline, so I'll leave that up to your judgment.

Let me know what you think:
http://bmarone.handyathlete.com

Thanks again.
Brandon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BostonH

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 30, 2012
Massachusetts
The background image is better, but still a little too snap-shot to me. You may just want to grab an inexpensive stock image...

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I think it really matters what brings a person to that site.

Without knowing that it is impossible to me how we can know if it is good or not.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Where would a link appear that would take me to that page?

What is on the page along with the link.

To me if I have been reading your blog for a few weeks or months with GREAT info and you said hey I am going to send you some free info that will be IN the email I send you just sign up here and then a link to that page, I would sign up in a second.

If however I read one page, don't know who you are and I click on a link(actually I probably wouldn't click on any link) then there is zero chance I would put my email addy in there.

In other words if you had built up a relationship by giving great quality content I believe people would be likely to give you their email, if not probably not a big chance of it.

bmarone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Nov 15, 2011
Where would a link appear that would take me to that page?

What is on the page along with the link.

To me if I have been reading your blog for a few weeks or months with GREAT info and you said hey I am going to send you some free info that will be IN the email I send you just sign up here and then a link to that page, I would sign up in a second.

If however I read one page, don't know who you are and I click on a link(actually I probably wouldn't click on any link) then there is zero chance I would put my email addy in there.

In other words if you had built up a relationship by giving great quality content I believe people would be likely to give you their email, if not probably not a big chance of it.

You make a valid point.

My only concern at this point is building an audience via my blog/website. You've stated, though I'm paraphrasing, that you need to build a relationship to increase your chances of getting addies. However, to get more people to view my content, and thus build that relationship, I would need to increase visibility anyway.

So, how did you/do you increase your own visibility and draw in more of crowd to your blog? I know youtube videos, blog/website/forum participation, ebay classified ads, PPC (though that's not an option for me right now), and other methods are out there. But I may need some more ideas, just for the sake of inspiration.

Thanks.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I understand 100% the desire to have more people see your blog.

I am not understanding how does that squeeze page get more people to see your blog?

May I ask why are youtube videos, blog/website/forum participation not an option for you?

If it were me I would go to forums which talk about the products you are selling. Go to the MODs via PMs. Tell them what you are doing. Say you do NOT want to post and SPAM their members. Tell them that you have a beta product and ask if they would help you by trying your product and then sending you a PM with their suggestions and thoughts.

bmarone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Nov 15, 2011
I am not understanding how does that squeeze page get more people to see your blog?

May I ask why are youtube videos, blog/website/forum participation not an option for you?

No, I meant that PPC was not an option (too expensive for me right now).

The squeeze page came in because I'd just read Free Marketing by Jim Cockrum and he mentioned how a simple squeeze page alone is enough to attain a decent following, while simultaneously posting videos, using ebay class. ads, and other methods to increase visibility and get more sign ups.

He mentions how you can wait to create a blog/website until you have more of an audience. Though after getting some other advice, this does seem backwards.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
ah I got you on the PPC. Yea I have never done them, maybe I am too cheap :)

I did this site for around $20 to start and then I think it is $5/mo That includes the cost of the domain name. I don't know any html. Michael Plante - Home Started it approx 2 weeks ago. Today there were 113 unique vistors.

Day before yesterday there were 300 unique visitors.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
The background image is better, but still a little too snap-shot to me. You may just want to grab an inexpensive stock image...
+1

I need something on it that gets me psyched for fitness and that you're the real deal.

Sketchh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 21, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Your page is on the right track but maybe change it but maybe change "JUST 30 MINUTES A WEEK IS ALL THE TIME YOU NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN" To something like "5 Minutes And You Can Have Full Access Free" not saying that's perfect but something along those lines to grab there attention a little more while still leaving it a secret. Offer something free of value so they have a reason to subscribe to your newsletter. Stay legit and don't offer a crap :)

checkout the wordpress plugin leadrocket. Not advertising here but just saying it works pretty well.

It really only creates the squeeze page box and you have to put in your opt-in code and everything else but its not to complicated.

Here in a link to one of my squeeze pages

http://gw2secret.com

Keep it up!
Best Wishes,

Josh

joona

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 1, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
I think you should change the headline. Currently it is just the name of your site. I'd make it more benefit driven. Also, somehow I don't think the offer is compelling enough.

Also, the background picture is not very attractive. I thought it is someone lying under a blanket on the grass. Didn't understand it at all.

Maybe you could just try simple one color background? Or maybe some other image where the stuff would be next to the box instead of underneath it.

2KidsinUT

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 2, 2012
Utah
What happened to your old title and subtitle: ABBREVIATED TRAINING, FOR THE BUSY ATHLETE ?? It was more attention grabbing and thought provoking than THE HANDY ATHLETE. Anyways, the landing page is a lot cleaner than the last one.

Not trying to sound like a grammarian, but I would suggest the following changes:

a) Shorten "A WHOLE NEW APPROACH TO CARDIO" to "A NEW APPROACH TO CARDIO" or replace the word WHOLE to something more clear like "A COMPLETELY NEW APPROACH TO CARDIO" or "A REVOLUTIONARY APPROACH TO CARDIO". To English speaking Americans the phrase "WHOLE NEW" is understood to mean "completely new" but to many other people the meaning might get lost in translation.

b) Shorten "JUST 30 MINUTES A WEEK IS ALL THE TIME YOU NEED TO MAKE IT HAPPEN" to "JUST 30 MINUTES A WEEK IS ALL YOU NEED". It would be shorter, simpler and more clear. Keep It Short, Simple!!

Just our opinion.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Its a basic launchrock page, the text has nothing to do with the background picture and the system you want to sell sounds like a scam.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Personally I am too impatient to wait for replies on a forum.

I prefer to do a search myself, heck by the time some one answers you could already be using them on your site.

Let me google that for you

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.