The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Never too old to get started right?

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Thanks for starting this thread @RobD88
I'm 57 and just starting, so your comments, and those of others, I'm finding very encouraging.

I totally agree with you. Being on this forum has helped me keep the momentum going. Reading about the trials and triumphs of like minded people has kept me from another foray into action faking.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Finally took a dive into your intro! Too old? You're younger than me! :playful:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for jumping into the forum conversations.

Lord Business

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Feb 24, 2018
finland
So here I am, 47 years old and all cushy, comfy with a six figure salary (JOB), nice house (MORTGAGE), two cars (CAR PAYMENTS), two kids about to go to college (TUITION), sorely lacking in savings (VICTIM OF THE COMPOUNDING INTEREST SCAM & CONSUMERISM), and scared to death I’ll be serving INDENTURED TIME until I’m old and gray (47 is not old).

A degreed professional, I've been in purchasing, sourcing, supply chain and logistics for the better part of twenty years. And yes, I've been treading in the slow lane for far too long. I've let my dreams slip past me and my entrepreneurial spirit become not but an ember.

I’ve been an action faker and entrepreneur pretender in the past. As I’m reading through Unscripted for the second time I feel like MJ is talking about me as if he’s been watching me for year ala The Truman Show watching me buy business cards on vista print and buy domain names without ever doing anything with them or nearly spend $50K on a real estate investment program.

I am at a point in my life where not only am I ready I finally feel confident enough to be an entrepreneur. I see examples of successful small businesses every day in my job. I source from companies I could have started and buy products I could have come up with and see brands being developed that I could develop better all the time. The one thing they did that I didn't...take action.

So now I have a plan that involves three big steps with a lot of little steps in between that will lead to my ultimate escape from indentured time. I hope to learn from the people in the forum as well as give back and hopefully provide value.

Time to stoke the ember into a roaring flame!

Because there's nothing about the past you can change, how many years you have means 0%
100% meaning is in the years, you have still yet in front of you. Not the quantity, but the quality.
Make the paradigm shift. Take a risk, get dirty, be willing to fail (because you are failing already every day in slowlane) and don't stop until you succeed.

Welcome and success to you!

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
Finally took a dive into your intro! Too old? You're younger than me! :playful:

Welcome to the forum and thanks for jumping into the forum conversations.

So glad to be here. By the way...I have a littl old school in me too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...