The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is Digital Marketing too saturated to get started in 2022?

Marketing, social media, advertising

GivingItMyAll

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 14, 2021
Hello,

What are your thoughts on the saturation of Digital Marketing as we enter 2022? I recently read the post How To Start A Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K In Less Than 90 Days by Sean Marshall. I've been action-faking for a while and have a difficult time identifying problems worth solving, so I decided that I'd just go all-in with this idea. Worst case scenario I fail and learn a lot about business.

Though, this post was made in 2018. Times have changed a lot since then and nowadays I see digital marketing companies everywhere I look, so wonder whether the world really needs another digital agency.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mxx

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 13, 2021
Germany | Cologne
I am pretty much in the same exact position right now... Been action-faking for a while, saw this post and decided to go all-in on that Idea. Of course there are a TON of digital marketing agencies but there are also a ton of businesses with bad websites/landing pages/ads etc.
Therefore: lets go for it! Worst that could happen is you/we learn a lot :)

GivingItMyAll

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 14, 2021
I am pretty much in the same exact position right now... Been action-faking for a while, saw this post and decided to go all-in on that Idea. Of course there are a TON of digital marketing agencies but there are also a ton of businesses with bad websites/landing pages/ads etc.
Therefore: lets go for it! Worst that could happen is you/we learn a lot :)
haha wise words my brother. Local businesses are definitely where we'd have to start out, that just leaves the problems of finding the right niche.

could I PM you? perhaps we can serve each other as accountability partners?

mxx

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 13, 2021
Germany | Cologne
haha wise words my brother. Local businesses are definitely where we'd have to start out, that just leaves the problems of finding the right niche.

could I PM you? perhaps we can serve each other as accountability partners?
Actually thought exactly the same thing about accountability partners haha
Lets do that! :D

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
It's 2022 every business is 'saturated'

As long as you do something that provides value and you do it well then you'll turn out fine. Luckily the bar is pretty low in most things but do keep in mind that the lower the barrier to entry the harder it will be to get off the ground since there will be competition fighting for scraps at the bottom of the barrel.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia

As long as you do something that provides value and you do it well then you'll turn out fine. Luckily the bar is pretty low in most things but do keep in mind that the lower the barrier to entry the harder it will be to get off the ground since there will be competition fighting for scraps at the bottom of the barrel.
100% this. I can't think of anything that isn't saturated, and if it isn't, it will be eventually when competitors start entering the market and wanting a piece of the pie. I guess it's all about standing out and being different / better.

mr4ffe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Nov 3, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden

Not everything, actually. New technology creates problems we've never had before, which creates great opportunities. Here are some examples:
Zz00MDdkM2U2ZTUzYTkxMWVjODNkNWE2NmE1ZDgyNDVmMw==

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don’t think it’s oversaturated. Does it matter whether it is or isn’t though? Can you help just one person with their digital marketing?

There’s millions of businesses trying to make more sales online. Sure, there’s lots of people trying to help them, but not all doing a great job.

Can you find enough people to help that you can make a living doing it?

Some thoughts/advice:

Start with people you already know. (Check out thread “When Your Back’s Against A Wall”.)

Help someone for free to get experience and your first case study.

Don’t make it your goal to “build an agency”. Make it your goal to help someone get more visitors, get more leads, and/or make more sales.

Consider only going for monthly recurring revenue (MRR).

Consider Google Ads instead of Facebook Ads. More money is spent annually by businesses on Google Ads than Facebook Ads, and less people seem to be offering it as a service.

Consider video marketing, and YouTube in particular. More and more consumers are watching YouTube, and YouTube Ads are part of Google Ads.

Do a search of the forum and I think there’s at least one other thread with a similar title. The replies to it might be useful.

A lot of the links in my signature might help.

MattL

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 31, 2014
Finland
Some great responses here.

Only thing I'd add is don't start with the aim to create a "digital marketing" agency.

Because what is digital marketing anyways...? An umbrella term for every marketing-related task online, no?

Consider niching into something more specific:
- Video marketing (Andy already mentioned Youtube ads, and there's also TikTok which seems to be growing constantly...)
- Email marketing (there's a great progress thread about this on the forum somewhere)
- Content marketing (writing blogs, guides, whitepapers...)

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
If someone pitched me digital marketing services for my business, I'd certainly hear them out. That should answer your question.

Pat Cush

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jan 10, 2022
If you can stand out from your competition it isn't saturated. Sounds like some simple bs advice but it's true.

Also, there are so many local service businesses out there that haven't got a clue about digital marketing and where to start. If you can make them more money then why wouldn't they pay you?

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Consider Google Ads instead of Facebook Ads. More money is spent annually by businesses on Google Ads than Facebook Ads, and less people seem to be offering it as a service.
Interesting!

Google ads have always been an intimidating thing for me..

Looks like I'll be joining your course soon to start learning!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.