Hello everybody, I am in need of some advice.
Lately I have been trying to step up my networking game and get out of my comfortable vacuum to find opportunities. After bugging a secretary a few times, I was able to get scheduled to meet the Director of Entrepreneurship for my state's largest university. He is also a long time member of the city council.
Not realizing I might get to this point, I am currently brainstorming questions to ask him. I recently finished reading Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People, and I understand I must become genuinely interested in him. "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
Anyways I always have so many "aha" moments after browsing this forum, that I thought I would try and get advice from you guys. I don't want to miss something and then kick myself later for not addressing it.
Thanks!
Braden
Lately I have been trying to step up my networking game and get out of my comfortable vacuum to find opportunities. After bugging a secretary a few times, I was able to get scheduled to meet the Director of Entrepreneurship for my state's largest university. He is also a long time member of the city council.
Not realizing I might get to this point, I am currently brainstorming questions to ask him. I recently finished reading Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People, and I understand I must become genuinely interested in him. "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."
Anyways I always have so many "aha" moments after browsing this forum, that I thought I would try and get advice from you guys. I don't want to miss something and then kick myself later for not addressing it.
Thanks!
Braden
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
