The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

NEEDS versus WANTS

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
The "best practices" for product owners now in clickbank is to set affiliate commissions at 75%

Wow, 75%. That's really useful information. It makes you think, if your product is going to depend heavily on affiliate marketing, you'd better darn well have some amazing margins. Or are margins not a big deal, since high volume makes up for it?

And how does this impact your brand pricing? Since most (or maybe all?) of ClickBank's products are electronic with no/little recurring production costs, the 75% seems doable, but what if your product has a physical-good counterpart?

For example, let's say your product is an audio program, but you also want to sell that same audio on an actual CD. Or what if your e-book is also available in paperback? In those physical-goods cases, any 75% payout would be hard to absorb. Sure, this might not apply directly to ClickBank, but do you need consistency in pricing for your brand's sake, such as if you're also planning to sell your CD or paperback on Amazon?

Am I overcomplicating this? I'd love to hear from those with actual affiliate-marketing experience.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I want to have a business

I need to have a business

Discuss :)

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida

Discuss :)

I want - you don't really know.

I need - you know you can't have a boss, can't waste time in the office, can't wake up and do traffic, and you like making more and more money and can handle risk.

May be something like that.

How about differentiating that there is a really strong want that turns into a need.

Think of MJ moving from Chicago to AZ... it apparently was a NEED to live in a nice climate. He said Chicago would've killed him.

So warm weather suddenly becomes a need. I wonder what else can happen like this- you become so attached/find out you've been missing something that fits you really well that it's moved from "want" to "need"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

skipper

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Aug 10, 2012

I want to because:
- a childhood dream
- I feel this is my path
- HATE cubicles. You can't imagine the deep level of hate I have for those. It's... wow.. I hate them.
- having a boss sucks (but some bosses are not really all that bad)
- i have a strategy to keep savings in my company and leave the country some day, pulling the profits out without tax
- no traffic jams

I need to because life get's MUCH cheaper.
- I rent a great apartment, and I pay almost half the rent from my company, for the office which I have here
- we have two cars, but one is really getting old (but is fully payed) and is there just for rare cases when we really need to be at different places. Saving on gas and cost.
- i'd fill i'm wasting my time if I wasn't doing this.

Even if I'd earn more elsewhere, I'd rather run my own business. I don't really need to earn much to leave quite great. I lived on a minimum wage for a while, and it was not all that bad, really. In fact, I'm trying to keep minimum wage lifestyle and save as much as I can.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.