The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need your help: Vote for my new supplement label design!

Which of these label designs do you like the best?

• A1

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • A2

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • A3

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • B1

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • B2

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • B3

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • C1

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • C2

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • C3

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I understand where your coming from with wanting to stand out. You know that that's is definitely my philosophy. The first thing I did when I was designing my packaging, was got to Home Depot and look at everything in the painting aisles. There is nothing that has the same colors or brightness. It sticks out like a sore thumb in local paint stores, which I believe is helping sales.

I think your on the right track. You just need to do some tweaking. To me it seems like there's a little too much going on. You can tone it down a little and still have it stand out from the rest of the products.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I like the bottom three the best, but I think the images should be blended together. For example, the green wreath should be in the water itself instead of two images on top of each other. I hope that makes sense.

I hear you. I'm gonna experiment with a few blended designs as well, thanks.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I understand where your coming from with wanting to stand out. You know that that's is definitely my philosophy. The first thing I did when I was designing my packaging, was got to Home Depot and look at everything in the painting aisles. There is nothing that has the same colors or brightness. It sticks out like a sore thumb in local paint stores, which I believe is helping sales.

I think your on the right track. You just need to do some tweaking. To me it seems like there's a little too much going on. You can tone it down a little and still have it stand out from the rest of the products.

Yeah I did the same thing you're talking about. Every time I have been to Target, Walmart, or often times when I walk by the vitamin/supplement isle at grocery stores - I have taken mental notes (and pics as shown above) to really get a feeling of what would stand out.

That was actually the basis for those design ideas. They are different, and have logo that "pops" off the label - next to all the blah and bland looking supplements.

My wife told me the other day: You would not BELIEVE how many women make purchases based on packaging alone. For my product online, the customers will probably be 50/50 men and women. But when the day comes and I'm in retail, the majority of the grocery shoppers are still women - and they will very often be drawn to what in their minds is "cute", "pretty", "eyecandy", etc.

My wife will sometimes show me some products she has bought, and where I see a "cheesy" package design - she sees something "adorable" or "chique" or "so nice looking"....

And as I mentioned before, when I have shown these designs to women, they have said "OMG! those are awesome", "Total eyecandy!" (their words, lol). So, leave it to me to ask the opinion here on a male-dominated forum, lol....
No disrespect but, us guys rarely have the same visual sense as women - as to what looks good or not. Myself included. :)

I'd love to hear from some more of the women on here though. Ladies?

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
lol!

Amazing thread guys.

What a forum huh? This guy puts in blood and guts into creating his designs and then asks his trusted friends and members of the fastlane forum for some input...

The Result?

Eskil gets butchered on all his work and learns that the market has absolutely no mercy.

The Reaction? ... You better believe Eskil has Photoshop maxed out on the amount of ram it can use from his PC, while swearing this whole forum of the planet ahahahah

Alright, lets get a constructive string of sentences together shall we?

- I looked at the design's numerous times and I have to agree with some of the other members that none of them impressed me that much.

- I understand that you want to build a brand, but I feel that the actual benefits of the product should stand out WAY more. This is self explanatory, but I feel it might be even more so for you, as you are not a recognized brand yet (if I am a consumer in a store and I see something that says " Life Extension Vitals" you better believe that you have my interest over "Levean" and a sunset

- I think diversified bottle designs could help, but that is something you should consider before making any other designs, because naturally you would have to match the two (designs and shapes)

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
lol!
Amazing thread guys.

What a forum huh? This guy puts in blood and guts into creating his designs and then asks his trusted friends and members of the fastlane forum for some input...

The Result?
Eskil gets butchered on all his work and learns that the market has absolutely no mercy.

The Reaction? ... You better believe Eskil has Photoshop maxed out on the amount of ram it can use from his PC, while swearing this whole forum of the planet ahahahah

LOL.... yeah that's what friends are for - and fortunately I have a thick skin. :D

- I looked at the design's numerous times and I have to agree with some of the other members that none of them impressed me that much.

- I understand that you want to build a brand, but I feel that the actual benefits of the product should stand out WAY more. This is self explanatory, but I feel it might be even more so for you, as you are not a recognized brand yet (if I am a consumer in a store and I see something that says " Life Extension Vitals" you better believe that you have my interest over "Levean" and a sunset
Yeah as I mentioned in the original post, there will definitely be more text on the main benefits on the front label. The designs are so far only basically background images.

But I definitely hear you too about the whole logo thing. I need to take it out, and I agree with that after hearing all the opinions here.
I also realize that the product name should be the one in focus - to grab the attention!

- I think diversified bottle designs could help, but that is something you should consider before making any other designs, because naturally you would have to match the two (designs and shapes)

I looked at some alternative bottle types, but it seems there aren't that many other options out there.
Searching Google for "PET packer bottle" comes up with a bunch of companies with basically the same standard bottles. Just a few different colors. Here is one that has a pretty good selection:

Image Catalog: Plastic Bottles, Jars & Glass Containers | Container & Packaging Supply

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
No disrespect but, us guys rarely have the same visual sense as women - as to what looks good or not. Myself included.
Give us guys a bottle like this then:
2001_18_1.jpg

Now, seriously.....

The problem I have with the designs is that they tend to be flat. Nothing on them stand out.

What is your font was yellow against a blue background?

Something with contrast to make me look that way.... see what I am saying?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm not a fan of any of them.

I buy very, very few supplements but I can tell you I'm always drawn to the solid-color bottled ones. No idea why. The ones with the solid green or blue bottle colors with minimalist label design.

I'm sure there is a good psychological reason but I tend to want to trust them more based on absolutely nothing but color and design. One of them (life brand, I think) had some man running on it, the other was just text. I skipped over every single white-colored bottle on the shelf.

My 2 cents as an inexperienced supplement buyer...

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
My 2 cents as an inexperienced supplement buyer...

Thanks for the input. I have created a set of 12 new designs, but I probably won't share them here. The new designs are all much more basic with limited colors. Instead, I will test some of them in a split test and finally give them to a couple of designers as "inspirational drafts" for a final design.

verial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 8, 2012
Taipei
I voted for C2.

I think for this type of market -- people conscious about what they put in their bodies -- you should avoid the pictures of rocks and other inorganics.

I would stick with something simple and professional. The colors are good, though.

Leoto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Sep 9, 2012
Los Angeles/Tokyo
Ideally, I would prefer the top 2/3 of B1 combined with the bottom 1/3 of B2. In other words, take B2 and swap the middle section with the middle section of B1.

easystreet

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Oct 11, 2011
South Carolina
When you get your product manufactured, the same company will create a label for you. Most have in house graphic designers. You can also submit your own design elements and have them turn it into a label. Supplement/consumables labels are more complicated than other product labels because the design and wording must be FDA compliant. Best to leave the design to the pros and direct them as you see fit. This way the label is perfect for the application.

At least get professional input. A nutritional supplement lawyer will look over anything you have and tell you how to fix for a couple hundred dollars.

Cost of doing it right the first time < reprints

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.