Johnathan Ta
Regular Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 14, 2012
- Messages
- 80
Rep Bank
$490
$490
User Power: 131%
Hello everyone,
So my Prototype has been made, the drawings are finalized and now I need to find a shop to make my project as I am likely going to use a crowd funding website to launch this idea.
I am looking for any insight you guys can provide me on some directions I should take to find a suitable manufacturer.
Ideally, a suitable manufacturer would be:
- English Proficient
- Small to Medium Production Runs
- Located in North America (Product Feature)
My product is a functional piece of jewelry.
Made of one, non-moving piece of metal.
I am looking to have it forged or casted in steel.
CNC Machining is my last resort (thin margins, harder to scale)
It's dimensions 1" x 3" x 0.2"
Casted / Forged in Steel and Plated In Brass + Other Options my Manufacturer can supply me with
My route of using yellow pages, cold calling, product development firms and craigslist has come up with no success.
Finding the right people here in Canada has been impossible. I don't want to throw in the towel and go to China, please help friends!
So my Prototype has been made, the drawings are finalized and now I need to find a shop to make my project as I am likely going to use a crowd funding website to launch this idea.
I am looking for any insight you guys can provide me on some directions I should take to find a suitable manufacturer.
Ideally, a suitable manufacturer would be:
- English Proficient
- Small to Medium Production Runs
- Located in North America (Product Feature)
My product is a functional piece of jewelry.
Made of one, non-moving piece of metal.
I am looking to have it forged or casted in steel.
CNC Machining is my last resort (thin margins, harder to scale)
It's dimensions 1" x 3" x 0.2"
Casted / Forged in Steel and Plated In Brass + Other Options my Manufacturer can supply me with
My route of using yellow pages, cold calling, product development firms and craigslist has come up with no success.
Finding the right people here in Canada has been impossible. I don't want to throw in the towel and go to China, please help friends!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
