The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

need feedback on specific aspect of an idea

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

justacar

Bronze Contributor
Oct 27, 2018
there are various ideas that I'm looking at right now. some of those, I'll be testing in the next weeks. here's one that I'm having some trouble with:

gardening. a friend of mine has a garden in the city. we were trying to find a service that would cut down a tree for him. one was out of business. the other didn't show up. a third showed up (late) and told us we needed a permit (great). the market is super fragmented, service is terrible. so naturally...

the idea is a marketplace focused on services for small gardens. I'd start by consolidating the existing companies out there to streamline demand vs offer matching. i think the need is there and it'd save people on both sides a lot of time in communicating, finding the right offer, finding customers etc. so the value is there.

now to the problem: it's a seasonal thing. basically, there is some winter prep in fall, winter services (like shoveling snow etc) and planting in spring. but that's it. beyond the peak times in the year, there's not much demand in between. most small companies just survive with regular clients asking for maintenance.

so, i'm wondering how to deal with the problem. just start (winter is coming ;) ), get the customers and then figure it out along the way?

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Cool - glad to have you. And yes it should help a lot. When you are in the new group just post...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Hey everyone, I have a big announcement to make about how we are going to be working with...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom