The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

need feedback on specific aspect of an idea

Idea threads

justacar

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
408%
Oct 27, 2018
there are various ideas that I'm looking at right now. some of those, I'll be testing in the next weeks. here's one that I'm having some trouble with:

gardening. a friend of mine has a garden in the city. we were trying to find a service that would cut down a tree for him. one was out of business. the other didn't show up. a third showed up (late) and told us we needed a permit (great). the market is super fragmented, service is terrible. so naturally...

the idea is a marketplace focused on services for small gardens. I'd start by consolidating the existing companies out there to streamline demand vs offer matching. i think the need is there and it'd save people on both sides a lot of time in communicating, finding the right offer, finding customers etc. so the value is there.

now to the problem: it's a seasonal thing. basically, there is some winter prep in fall, winter services (like shoveling snow etc) and planting in spring. but that's it. beyond the peak times in the year, there's not much demand in between. most small companies just survive with regular clients asking for maintenance.

so, i'm wondering how to deal with the problem. just start (winter is coming ;) ), get the customers and then figure it out along the way?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.