The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need Any SEO Advice? I'm here to help you

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
Ok I have another question that I probably would be embarrassed to ask but.........

I do not know what a proxy is...
specifically the purpose of using a proxy.
Do they play a role in serps?

I know on the war forum, people say you will always need to have different proxies if you are going to use a software like senuke and etc.

But should you use a proxy if you are going to make only like 10 backlinks a day or 100 links a day using a program like senuke,scrapebox,etc?

I dont know how proxies work, are they free and which are the best ones ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
Ok I have another question that I probably would be embarrassed to ask but.........

I know on the war forum, people say you will always need to have different proxies if you are going to use a software like senuke and etc.

But should you use a proxy if you are going to make only like 10 backlinks a day or 100 links a day using a program like senuke,scrapebox,etc?

Using a proxy is a just a way of hiding your identity (IP address) when visiting web sites/scraping data etc.

The reasons to use them are sometimes if you are using automated programs then your IP address gets banned temporarily of even permanently. Also even submitting manual links you can get your IP banned.

If you are using programs such as Scrapebox then you definitely want to use proxies because the IP's burn out quickly because you are scraping so much data.

I have found www.yourprivateproxy.com | Dedicated Private Proxies to be an excellent source of proxies and very reasonably priced

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
@guido

if you use a program like amr and if you only build 10-15 links a day then do you still need to use a proxy since you arent making a lot of links?

Are free proxys good as well?

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
@guido

if you use a program like amr and if you only build 10-15 links a day then do you still need to use a proxy since you arent making a lot of links?

Are free proxys good as well?

Free proxies I have found to be a pain and burn out quickly, have to keep harvesting new ones.

You can always see how you get on with AMR

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
Say my money page lends itself to not being updated often with content. Since you recommend updating it with unique content, should I create a "blog" section (http ://site. com/blog/my_article) and build my backlink structure more to those articles? Or will it just be fine to link to my main money page, site.com?

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
best free resources you would recommend to learn SEO?

Some of the best resources to learn SEO are

SEO Blog | SEOmoz Blog Featuring Search Engine Marketing Tactics & Strategies
SEO Design Solutions
SEO & Search Engine News : SEJ
Search Engine Roundtable ::: The Pulse Of The Search Marketing Community

There is enough information there for 5 - 10 years of reading.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
Say my money page lends itself to not being updated often with content. Since you recommend updating it with unique content, should I create a "blog" section (http ://site. com/blog/my_article) and build my backlink structure more to those articles? Or will it just be fine to link to my main money page, site.com?

Yes its fine the have a static money page, if it is a keyword that receives targeted traffic that converts well, then yes that is great. Of course you need to link to your money page, to get your core keywords ranking.

But remember most of your traffic will come from the long tail. The more content rich you can make your site, there more relevant it will appear to Google and the more traffic you will receive. Build links to your money page, then create supporting pages and build links to them as well.

nipsid

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Jan 6, 2008
Phoenix

Yes, they do play a role in the serps. You do not want all your links from one ip. So you use proxies to get around that. Same with registering accounts on sites. You dont want to keep creating accounts under the same ip, so you can use a proxy to get around it. You should also clear you cookies when creating a new account on the same site.

You can use free proxies.

To find some go on google and search...
inurl:"proxylist.txt"
inurl:"proxy_list.txt"
inurl:"proxies.txt"
inurl:"proxy.txt"

Free proxies are fine to scrape with in scrapebox. I would try to avoid using scrapeboxs harvester and find your own source of free proxies. You can add your own source now. When it comes to posting, its better to use private proxies but not a must. Make sure you are using scrapebox correctly and not blasting away like crazy to your main site.

If you are just building 10 backlinks a day. Go on What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More Then reset your router and refresh the page. You should have a new ip. Again, if you are creating an account clear cookies and cache.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Yes, they do play a role in the serps. You do not want all your links from one ip. So you use proxies to get around that. Same with registering accounts on sites. You dont want to keep creating accounts under the same ip, so you can use a proxy to get around it. You should also clear you cookies when creating a new account on the same site.

You can use free proxies.

To find some go on google and search...
inurl:"proxylist.txt"
inurl:"proxy_list.txt"
inurl:"proxies.txt"
inurl:"proxy.txt"

Free proxies are fine to scrape with in scrapebox. I would try to avoid using scrapeboxs harvester and find your own source of free proxies. You can add your own source now. When it comes to posting, its better to use private proxies but not a must. Make sure you are using scrapebox correctly and not blasting away like crazy to your main site.

If you are just building 10 backlinks a day. Go on What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More Then reset your router and refresh the page. You should have a new ip. Again, if you are creating an account clear cookies and cache.

resetting your browser should be irrelevant. You wouldn't be making more than one link at the same site, unless you are doing some serious spamming or making really crappy links. If thats the case you have a serious short term strategy. You should be getting links from as many different places as possible. Not sure why proxies would matter in doing this.

mrhahn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2011
San Diego
Yes, they do play a role in the serps. You do not want all your links from one ip. So you use proxies to get around that.

Proxies aren't related to the backlinks from an actual site. Since they should all be on different sites and thus have different IP's. Technically you need different "Class-C" ip addresses, meaning your backlinks can't be from sites that are on the same shared hosting plan.

Proxies are more related to signing up to more than one account to a site. It masks your real ip so it makes the site harder to tell you are the same person.

Brootal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 30, 2009
Virginia
Hi Guido,

Thanks again for your PM and for doing this for me.

From my original message:

"I was wondering if you would be willing to dissect a site for me quickly to help me learn what is involved.

The site was being sold on flippa recently and the owner was claiming adsense income alone of $8,300 per month.

Trying to do some keyword research online to see how he did it, I just don't see how he was pulling in that much.

I would love to know how he did it and how long one could expect it would take to build the site and rank in his position.

If you wouldn't mind taking a look, the site is buprenorphine-doctors.com

I'm not looking to recreate that site, but see it as a motivation to create something similar in a different niche. Looks like it takes almost no maintenance, and has very little costs associate with running it.

Thank you!

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Brootal - If I remember correctly, the $8,300 a month wasn't entirely adsense revenue, but a combination of directory listing fees ($14 monthly or $99 annually) and adsense revenue.

I don't know how many doctors he had listed in his directory, but if he had 593 each paying $14 a month, there's your $8,300 right there.

Brootal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 30, 2009
Virginia
Hi Kwerner,

You are correct that not all came from Adsense. He mentioned that the bulk of it came from Adsense, but I don't think he mentioned how many Dr's listed or for how much. I too would want doctors to list on the site and would actually spend more time with that then trying to get adsense.

However; what I am looking to learn here from someone who is an expert in the SEO game, is; how difficult is it to create a site like that and get it to rank for terms that pull in that kind of traffic. The creation parts seems like it would be quite simple even in something like wordpress. I'm looking more from the after it's up type thing.

Did that site take years to rank? or months?

Guido was kind enough to offer a simple site dissection for me so that we can all learn from it.

Seeing that site bringing in that much profit, from such a simple site has been a huge motivation.

SirKonstantine

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Jun 10, 2011
tools

Guido, What tools do you personal use for SEO?

I've been reading and testing stuff out and realized that a lot of SEO takes up time and I want to stream line this process.

I tried the trial of MarketSamurai and found that its not that good. Its slow and you can do all the stuff that it does by yourself with free tools like seoquake and G! keywords tool.

You mentioned bookmarking daemon, Glen from viperchill.com raves about this product. Do you think its a worthwhile investment and how should one use it? Should they use daemon on their money site as well as their web 2.0 sites and articles? or just their articles and web 2.0 or just their money site?

Do you use spun content and what program do you use for this?

Any other tools that you use (or have use but do not recommend) would be great. Thanks.

S

stranger

Hi Guido,
1. Is it harmfully to rename page's url if the page has been indexed with Google?

2. If you've faced with the Opencart, give me a few suggestions to optimize cattegories. I'm bad surprised a cattegory's url and h1 is the same there. For example, if my page url is www.mydomain/goods%20stuff This means <h1>good stuff</h1> too. But how to change the h1 header and don't touch the url?

3. Can I use h1 twice on a page?

I'd be glad to know all it from your own experience.
Thank you.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
Hi Guido,

Thanks again for your PM and for doing this for me.

From my original message:

"I was wondering if you would be willing to dissect a site for me quickly to help me learn what is involved.

The site was being sold on flippa recently and the owner was claiming adsense income alone of $8,300 per month.

Trying to do some keyword research online to see how he did it, I just don't see how he was pulling in that much.

I would love to know how he did it and how long one could expect it would take to build the site and rank in his position.

If you wouldn't mind taking a look, the site is buprenorphine-doctors.com

I'm not looking to recreate that site, but see it as a motivation to create something similar in a different niche. Looks like it takes almost no maintenance, and has very little costs associate with running it.

Thank you!

Hi,

Apologies for the delay been extremely busy. Will make a video soon and post on here.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
Guido, What tools do you personal use for SEO?

I've been reading and testing stuff out and realized that a lot of SEO takes up time and I want to stream line this process.

I tried the trial of MarketSamurai and found that its not that good. Its slow and you can do all the stuff that it does by yourself with free tools like seoquake and G! keywords tool.

You mentioned bookmarking daemon, Glen from viperchill.com raves about this product. Do you think its a worthwhile investment and how should one use it? Should they use daemon on their money site as well as their web 2.0 sites and articles? or just their articles and web 2.0 or just their money site?

Do you use spun content and what program do you use for this?

Any other tools that you use (or have use but do not recommend) would be great. Thanks.

There are so many tools available to use, but for backlinking personally almost 100% use manual efforts because for me quality is ensured.

But definitely a must have tools is Scrapebox, http://www.scrapebox.com/But I don't use it for blog comments. It has so much more functionality than that. It is amazing for finding links.

Lots of people love SENUKE and Sick Profile Maker but I have not really got into them

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
Hi Guido,
1. Is it harmfully to rename page's url if the page has been indexed with Google?

2. If you've faced with the Opencart, give me a few suggestions to optimize cattegories. I'm bad surprised a cattegory's url and h1 is the same there. For example, if my page url is www.mydomain/goods%20stuff This means <h1>good stuff</h1> too. But how to change the h1 header and don't touch the url?

3. Can I use h1 twice on a page?

I'd be glad to know all it from your own experience.
Thank you.

1. If you rename the page that has been indexed then that page will 404 so you need to 301 it to show google the new url and pass the link juice.

2. Don't worry about h1 heading, it has been shown to have little if any positive effect on rankings.

3. Don't worry about h1.

I can show you many domains rankings for very competitive keywords that don't have a h1 tag

S

stranger

2. Don't worry about h1 heading, it has been shown to have little if any positive effect on rankings.

3. Don't worry about h1.

I can show you many domains rankings for very competitive keywords that don't have a h1 tag

Thank you for your answer on my questions, Guido.
Really, I don't worry about my site ranking. I'm worring about keywords. I always use keywords in a page url and h1 too. And it's why I asked you my 2nd and 3rd questions.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I am working on creating content over the next few days.

My goal is to write 40 unique articles, 500 words+. Now, this stuff is pretty good but not stuff I want directly on my money site....more for backlinks.

I have the best spinner to spin these articles if needed, what I am wondering is how can I get the most "bang for my buck" as far as using this content to gain backlinks to move up the SERPS?

I have used fiverr before to get articles sent out and had some good results but I figured they were some software or something out there that I could use that would be well less than the 40x5= $200 cost of doing that.

Thanks for the tips, love the thread.

Pat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 14, 2011
World Traveler

My goal is to write 40 unique articles, 500 words+. Now, this stuff is pretty good but not stuff I want directly on my money site....more for backlinks.

I have the best spinner to spin these articles if needed, what I am wondering is how can I get the most "bang for my buck" as far as using this content to gain backlinks to move up the SERPS?

I have used fiverr before to get articles sent out and had some good results but I figured they were some software or something out there that I could use that would be well less than the 40x5= $200 cost of doing that.

I heard thebestspinner is pretty good, but I don't have personal experience with it. I usually write spinnable articles if I need more than a few, takes some time though.

S

stranger

Article Marketing Robot is awesome.

Brootal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 30, 2009
Virginia
Hi Guido,

I know your busy, but would love to see that site tear down video. I hope that you will be able to post soon.

Thanks again!!!!

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
I read a thread on another forum that explained how search engines can recognize spun content with ngrams.

It was a good thread too. Basically the whole point of it was not to spin articles and have everything original

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
Hi Guido,

I know your busy, but would love to see that site tear down video. I hope that you will be able to post soon.

Thanks again!!!!

Hi mate,

Sorry been sooo busy with clients but I will make it at the latest by Monday then I will post for you.

Cheers

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
I read a thread on another forum that explained how search engines can recognize spun content with ngrams.

It was a good thread too. Basically the whole point of it was not to spin articles and have everything original

For you own website, you definitely only want high quality unique content. This has never been more important. Taking an article spinning it and using it for backlinks still seems to be effective.

semsniper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jun 29, 2011
Washington DC
1. If you rename the page that has been indexed then that page will 404 so you need to 301 it to show google the new url and pass the link juice.

3. Don't worry about h1.

Sorry Guido, but I have to disagree here :)

Firstly, is it absolutely critical to have an H1 tag? No - But can it help? Yes

stranger, Think of the H1 tag as the title to a book you just wrote. Are you going to decide not to give your book a title? or give it more than one title (H1 Tags)?

Then in the rest of the body of your content, you want to have H2 tag sub headings, which would be like Chapters in a book. You can have many of them & each one is titled uniquely, but similar to the title (H1).

Now, if your content is lengthy, you could consider the addition of H3 tags, as sections within the chapters, underneath each H2 tag.

Remember that Google considers more than 200 identifiers in its algorithm.

Regarding Opencart, if they do not allow you to write distinct URLs, H1 tags or even title tags, then i recommend that you cut bait now. In today's competitiveness, this is simply not good enough.

You should begin looking for another cart, before you get too deep. prestashop.com looks like a good one, if you need a free cart.

guido65

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 26, 2011
Sorry Guido, but I have to disagree here :)

Firstly, is it absolutely critical to have an H1 tag? No - But can it help? Yes

stranger, Think of the H1 tag as the title to a book you just wrote. Are you going to decide not to give your book a title? or give it more than one title (H1 Tags)?

Then in the rest of the body of your content, you want to have H2 tag sub headings, which would be like Chapters in a book. You can have many of them & each one is titled uniquely, but similar to the title (H1).

Now, if your content is lengthy, you could consider the addition of H3 tags, as sections within the chapters, underneath each H2 tag.

Remember that Google considers more than 200 identifiers in its algorithm.

Regarding Opencart, if they do not allow you to write distinct URLs, H1 tags or even title tags, then i recommend that you cut bait now. In today's competitiveness, this is simply not good enough.

You should begin looking for another cart, before you get too deep. prestashop.com looks like a good one, if you need a free cart.

Hi I think we are basically agreeing with each other here...If you want to use H1, H2,H3 tags by all means go ahead and use them. The can make the page look neater and add some structure, however in terms of affecting you SEPR ranking I have not found any impact either way. Despite all the advance in Google its still links, links, links that make the difference

S

stranger

Thanks for your replies, guys.
My main pr page has droped from 3 to 2. But pr of the 4 other pages have grown from 0 to 2.
I cannot understand why the main page is down. Please any ideas why it's happened.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.