The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Nanna Nanna Food - The Beginning of my Empire

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

guitarguru12

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 1, 2021
I felt a grandiose title was needed to hold myself to account here..... ;-)

Reading the Millionaire Fastlane changed the course of my life. I've spent the months since in incubation, first narrowing down the business I would pursue, then getting it off it's feet.

Following both the CENTS framework, and also Ryan Daniel Moran's '12 Months to $1 Million' (which I would highly recommend as an excellent companion to @MJ DeMarco 's book, if you're pursuing the E-commerce route), I was able to narrow down my entrepreneurial idea.

I saw a specific gap in the food market, specifically relating to children's nutrition. Combining this with my mother's extraordinary talent at creating nutrient-dense, yet irresistible food for my two young nieces, I conceived my company - Nanna Nanna (named after the persistent sound I hear in our family home when my nieces are visiting, as they call after her...). A 'Yummy Mummy' style brand targeting health-conscious, cash-rich, time-poor mothers.

Market research conducted which revealed practically zero competitors in both our niche and in the region we'll be targeting (UAE, initially).

So we set about creating the first of what will be an initial 4-5 products I'll be rolling out over the next 12 months.

3 months of prototyping later (and one exploded Nutri-Bullet....), and we have nailed down our first product. This has gone out to local testing, with exceptional feedback from our target market, which has left me with a host of extremely positive testimonials.

A promising initial meeting with a medium-sized local manufacturer who is very much ethically aligned with our own company, they expressed great interest in working closely with us and their food scientists to further refine our product and get it produced and distributed. More to come on this.

Whilst we wait for our initial seed investment (which has been confirmed....just waiting for it to arrive now), I have spent the time building our online platform (focused predominantly on the very female/mum-friendly Instagram), where we've exploded our following from 0 to 2.5k in less than 3 months. I'm using this to 'stack the deck' (to quote Moran) in our favour for our product launch, utilising this free marketing to get the ball rolling.

I've also been learning SEO and web design as a skill alongside, looking to create a click-funnel style landing page for our first product to get people both purchasing and also signing up for an email list.

It's all pretty unreal how fast everything has moved - from me going from a clueless film composer fresh out of Hollywood, to suddenly knowing stuff about food production and e-commerce....sometimes overwhelming, often exhilirating.

I'll be documenting our progress here for anyone who's interested - and to hold myself accountable on my own progress.

For anyone curious, here is a link to our Instagram. I've also linked our logo design below

Nanna Nanna - Instagram

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 12.43.54 PM.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
That's awesome! Excited to hear about your progress!

Let me know if I can help with your clickbank- style landing page. I write copy like that.

I'd alsobe happy to give you feedback on your page if it is already written, or help troubleshoot if you ever run into a wall where it's not converting.

Harsha Vardhan

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 7, 2020
INDIA
I felt a grandiose title was needed to hold myself to account here..... ;-)

Reading the Millionaire Fastlane changed the course of my life. I've spent the months since in incubation, first narrowing down the business I would pursue, then getting it off it's feet.

Following both the CENTS framework, and also Ryan Daniel Moran's '12 Months to $1 Million' (which I would highly recommend as an excellent companion to @MJ DeMarco 's book, if you're pursuing the E-commerce route), I was able to narrow down my entrepreneurial idea.

I saw a specific gap in the food market, specifically relating to children's nutrition. Combining this with my mother's extraordinary talent at creating nutrient-dense, yet irresistible food for my two young nieces, I conceived my company - Nanna Nanna (named after the persistent sound I hear in our family home when my nieces are visiting, as they call after her...). A 'Yummy Mummy' style brand targeting health-conscious, cash-rich, time-poor mothers.

Market research conducted which revealed practically zero competitors in both our niche and in the region we'll be targeting (UAE, initially).

So we set about creating the first of what will be an initial 4-5 products I'll be rolling out over the next 12 months.

3 months of prototyping later (and one exploded Nutri-Bullet....), and we have nailed down our first product. This has gone out to local testing, with exceptional feedback from our target market, which has left me with a host of extremely positive testimonials.

A promising initial meeting with a medium-sized local manufacturer who is very much ethically aligned with our own company, they expressed great interest in working closely with us and their food scientists to further refine our product and get it produced and distributed. More to come on this.

Whilst we wait for our initial seed investment (which has been confirmed....just waiting for it to arrive now), I have spent the time building our online platform (focused predominantly on the very female/mum-friendly Instagram), where we've exploded our following from 0 to 2.5k in less than 3 months. I'm using this to 'stack the deck' (to quote Moran) in our favour for our product launch, utilising this free marketing to get the ball rolling.

I've also been learning SEO and web design as a skill alongside, looking to create a click-funnel style landing page for our first product to get people both purchasing and also signing up for an email list.

It's all pretty unreal how fast everything has moved - from me going from a clueless film composer fresh out of Hollywood, to suddenly knowing stuff about food production and e-commerce....sometimes overwhelming, often exhilirating.

I'll be documenting our progress here for anyone who's interested - and to hold myself accountable on my own progress.

For anyone curious, here is a link to our Instagram. I've also linked our logo design below

Nanna Nanna - Instagram

View attachment 37852
Good to hear that!!
Would love to see your progress thread!!

guitarguru12

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 1, 2021
That's awesome! Excited to hear about your progress!

Let me know if I can help with your clickbank- style landing page. I write copy like that.

I'd alsobe happy to give you feedback on your page if it is already written, or help troubleshoot if you ever run into a wall where it's not converting.

That's extremely generous of you, thank you.

Thus far I haven't begun on the landing page - if you're able to point me in the direction of any great examples in the meantime, I'd be grateful. Good to start piling up ideas and inspiration

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Whilst we wait for our initial seed investment (which has been confirmed....just waiting for it to arrive now)

Congrats, was this a stranger, or a close friend/associate?

Definitely sounds like a need, and the word "nanna" in your brand definitely implies children and wisdomly, sage advice.

guitarguru12

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 1, 2021
Congrats, was this a stranger, or a close friend/associate?

Definitely sounds like a need, and the word "nanna" in your brand definitely implies children and wisdomly, sage advice.
This is a close friend, fortunately. We’ll be looking for outside investment later down the line, likely to bridge inventory gaps

Brrr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Jul 28, 2019
Excited to see this develop, so much of what you are saying *feels* right and like you are on to a real winner.

Interested as to why you picked UAE as the market and if you have previous experience in the region?

Secondly, do you plan to sell directly to customers or through other avenues?

Anything food & business get my heart pumping so best of luck.

guitarguru12

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 1, 2021
Excited to see this develop, so much of what you are saying *feels* right and like you are on to a real winner.

Interested as to why you picked UAE as the market and if you have previous experience in the region?

Secondly, do you plan to sell directly to customers or through other avenues?

Anything food & business get my heart pumping so best of luck.
Thank you!
Well, I’m currently based in the UAE, for one.
Secondly, the market is ripe for this. It’s a very young crowd, particularly in Dubai where I am - a lot of young families who are hip to the health and nutrition thing. And who are often cash rich but time poor, often relying on maids who don’t have much experience with nutritious food to feed their kids.

As for selling avenues, we’re currently exploring options. Right now I’m looking at 3 channels simultaneously - a very popular grocery delivery service called Kibsons, traditional shelves and also through Amazon (which my click funnel/email subs will be linked to).

luckily none of these demand exclusivity, and our first product is shelf-stable which allows for more flexibility with regard to inventory

let’s stay in touch!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.