The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The beginning of my journey to living UNSCRIPTED.

The Boy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 29, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi guys, my real name is Steve. I was compelled to join this forum about two weeks ago while I was reading/listening to UNSCRIPTED by MJ DeMarco. While I hadn't yet finished the book, the chapter on "F*ck This Events" really inspired me to take action because I actually was having an FTE while reading the book. I couldn't have discovered the book at a better time in my life.

Two years removed from high school, working jobs that I hated, waking up at ungodly hours, and thinking about ways that could fund my college tuition... A higher education system that I wasn't sure that I believed in anymore ever since I became aware of Internet marketing and entrepreneurship. I became even more skeptic of pursuing a higher education after reading The Millionaire Fastlane . I knew something needed to change.

I was tired of the waking up at 5AM in the morning, get to a shitty place I called work at 8, stay there doing something I dreaded 'til 5PM and forced to work an extra hour - an extra hour Monday through Friday and working half of my Saturday which I wasn't compensated for because apparently we don't get paid for over time. Tired of getting back from work, knowing that I'll hit the gym for 2 hours and get home to microwave food. I was tired of being advised to go to university in a country that at least 40% of graduates can't find jobs. I was tired of that bullshit. I was tired of the fact that I couldn't go out with friends as often as I like because this of this job. I had no life.

So, once I finished that chapter I made a life changing decision to quit my job and pursue UNSCRIPTION.

Well, that is until I discussed this my single mother whom I've financially supported ever since I finished high school about my decision. She gave me a bit of a 'semmelwashing', as expected. Arguing that we wouldn't survive without the support that my job provides or the fact that I wouldn't be able to go out and buy nice things without the money I earn. I thought she had a legitimate argument to be honest but I realised that I did not need the money or the hyperrealistic pleasures it provided. She was 'in deep', so I understood why my decision frightened her.

I understood her concern and made the decision to rather work part-time. This way, we would still get the support my income provides and I could also have time to pursue UNSCRIPTION.

Fast-forward to last week Thursday, I had begun working part time and finally finished reading/listening to Unscripted . I was so overwhelmed by the amount of information I had gotten and I was happy. I am happy to have read the book and have already started re-read the book but this time I am highlighting and taking my time to really understand the concepts I would've missed the first time around. I believe this is the beginning of taking action. Next I plan on focusing and researching a few business ideas I have in mind. See whether they meet the C.E.N.T.S commandments and execute.

The next day, I went onto recommending and reviewing the book for about 70 of my friends on our WhatsApp group. So far, about 23 have bought the audiobook. I know they will enjoy it as much as I did.

Thank you @MJ DeMarco

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...