The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION My Web Design Business Progress Thread

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I have been on this forum for many years now and have failed at multiple ventures. I never made a real progress thread so I'm creating this one to document my journey. I've got a good feeling about this venture. Not because of the venture but because of how much I've grown in recent years.

My life has settled down recently and I have been trying to figure out my next path to take. I saw @Fox's web design course and after reading through it decided that it is perfect for me at this moment of my life. I joined instantly. I haven't gone through it yet but the tremendous value is obvious.

Currently I work full time as a stockbroker. I also have zero coding skills and have never successfully ran a business.

Bold Scary Goal: Make 50k by year end and quit my job.

That may not seem bold or scary to you but to me that would be insane.

I'm going all in.

Let the work begin.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ryan Peterson

New Contributor
Jul 13, 2020
Great Britain
I have been on this forum for many years now and have failed at multiple ventures. I never made a real progress thread so I'm creating this one to document my journey. I've got a good feeling about this venture. Not because of the venture but because of how much I've grown in recent years.

My life has settled down recently and I have been trying to figure out my next path to take. I saw @Fox's web design course and after reading through it decided that it is perfect for me at this moment of my life. I joined instantly. I haven't gone through it yet but the tremendous value is obvious.

Currently I work full time as a stockbroker. I also have zero coding skills and have never successfully ran a business.

Bold Scary Goal: Make 50k by year end and quit my job.

That may not seem bold or scary to you but to me that would be insane.

I'm going all in.

Let the work begin.
I wish you good luck with your hard work.
You're gonna make it.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Feb 17, 2015
England
Good luck. Just remember when the knockbacks come (and they will), to keep pushing forward.

OP
OP
lewj24

lewj24

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
One week in.

This has been very challenging. Not in the way I was expecting.

I was expecting the business side to be challenging. But the real challenge for me right now is my personal life. I have bad habits that aren't suitable for starting a business. Basically, I've been acting like a normal person.

I've been skating by at my job with 40 hours of work per week and doing whatever I wanted in my free time. Now that I have to put in hours of work in my free time things are getting rough.

I need to work on exercise, diet, sleep, general goofing off, hanging with friends, etc. I've always known I needed to take care of these things but starting this venture has magnified these problems.

My business is going to go nowhere if I don't fix my personal life.

This reminds me of the business saying. "You bet on the jockey not the horse." Right now my jockey is undisciplined and unhealthy.

I need more structure in my life. More discipline.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jun 25, 2019
I need to work on exercise, diet, sleep, general goofing off, hanging with friends, etc. I've always known I needed to take care of these things but starting this venture has magnified these problems.
I can empathize, I’m going through something similar. I’ve got the exercise part down, but for me my job is really getting in the way since I have to work so much. I will say that having a more militant, blocked schedule like @Fox ’s is helping me to focus on what’s more important.

Stargazer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
I know people like to do things online these days but seriously, buy yourself a page to a day diary.

This sort of thing with blank pages.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RMBB6RB/?tag=

Forget anything with things written in them.

Everyone I know who uses one slowly eliminates waste unless it is factored in .

CEOs, Military Generals, Politicians, HM The Queen, turn up in the morning and then their secretary simply tells them what is in the diary for that day.

Meeting, Meeting, Tennis, Meeting, Lunch with xyz at abc, Meeting, Meeting, Cocktails and Theatre

that sort of thing.

Nothing wrong with goofing off with friends but you will find you allocate it in your diary. ie It is purposeful and timed.

I can pretty much guarantee that if you do as I say your diary will start moving from unfilled spaces to a full diary of intent with in about 1 or 2 months of habitual use.

The great thing is you can pick up your old diaries and think 'oh yes I remember that.

Give it a go.

Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom