The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ViktorFN

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2017
Chile
Hello everyone

I used to have another progress thread on a different forum, unfortunately, there aren't a lot of people on that forum so after reading The Millionaire Fastale and finding this one I decided to move my progress thread here.

I started working on making money online in May 2016, I created a blog in a niche where I'm very experienced. I thought progress would come faster but that hasn't been the case. I was stuck with a lot of technical stuff which took me far longer than it should have to figure out, I also learned how to write quality pieces in a matter of days whereas when I started it would take literally weeks to write a good piece.

So fast forward a year now, I have a website up and running with 13 high-quality posts and not a single subscriber.

I recently posted on reddit which brought me about 200 new visitors out of which I got zero subscribers.

I will keep testing reddit to find out if it's a complete waste of time or not.

Given that finding subscribers is harder and more important than content at this moment, I will make that my priority.

My plan is:
Write and schedule 8 posts. I post every other week so this will buy me 4 months of time.
Add a light pop-up where I will offer an opt-in bribe.
Write a guest post for a popular website in my niche.

That's all I've got for now, any ideas are welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZeroToOne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 6, 2017
KS
Welcome to the forums!

What value is there in being a "subscriber"? Why would I provide my email address? How do you plan on making money from them? Can't I just bookmark your site and check back in a month or two?

You have a language learning blog, correct? You only seem to have 6 articles of substance, so there is probably not enough content to really compel anyone to give you their email address.

ViktorFN

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 18, 2017
Chile
You have a language learning blog, correct? You only seem to have 6 articles of substance, so there is probably not enough content to really compel anyone to give you their email address.

Hi NTL

Thanks.

As of right now there's no real incentive to signing up for my newsletter, that's why I'm working on creating an opt in carrot. It was going to be a sort of report, but everyone does that. I already wrote the report, so I'll use that as an outline for a sort of email course, so I'll break it up into actionable steps and will also add videos to it to make it stand out more.

Yes, did you find it? If so, do you believe there are 8 posts that are of no value?

ZeroToOne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
May 6, 2017
KS
If so, do you believe there are 8 posts that are of no value?

Not at all. I thought everything was very well-written, but I just didn't realize there was other content. When I visited, I skimmed the site and the Part 1 through 6 articles were the only items I remembered. I didn't mean to imply the rest of your content was crap. :)

With that said, I wouldn't keep clicking "Next Page" to get to the start of the articles if I was interested in learning something. I might be a bad representation of your market, but I'd probably find something that was organized in a curriculum-type format instead.

FYI, here is a thread of another forum member who started a Spanish language site. There are just a few posts, but I thought I'd direct you to it in case it was helpful.

Progress Thread - Spanish Language Learning Website; my road to the Fastlane

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I used to have a top-level domain dating blog. I SEOd the sh*t out of it back in 2013 and I was getting a lot of robots commenting, but there were a few legit commenters that loved the content.

I was able to get regular email subscribers if that's what you're aiming for. What i've learned back then is that you should offer them something of value in exchange for their email address. Back then, I was offering 2 free reports that were actionable and enticing enough to read.

So there try that one. Offer real value. Create fun content. Post more, regularly. I still have the email subscribers excel list from aweber backed up somewhere on the cloud. 'Might come in handy hehe

It's also possible that you're not getting enough traffic/viewers on your site. Check your cpanel/stats, and find out what needs to be done. I tried everything back then to generate traffic. Backlinks, commenting my links on related videos on youtube, submitting my site to search engines, buying email blasts, posting on related forums, etc. My goal back then was to generate affiliate sales, unfortunately all I got were lots traffic and clicks but no sales on clickbank, and that's another matter. But for traffic, what I did worked.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.