The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My progress: creating a product

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Its been quite a while since my last post. Since then we have moved from alpha prototype to beta prototype. We have gotten angel funding.

We are moving quickly through the process of testing the shit out of the beta prototype to make it as rock solid as possible before we start a small batch production.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Testing is almost completed. Got amazing results with 3D printed PC. However we have found a new filament that can go to a higher glass transition temp of 140ºC which might be useful to some of you.

We are preparing some pitches for our next round of investing. Things are moving :)

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
This is still happening. I've been away from the forum for quite a while. Prototype is complete. We are going with the crowdfunding route. More to come!

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Great read! Can't wait to personally see what it is :D. Please do keep us updated.

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Great read! Can't wait to personally see what it is :D. Please do keep us updated.
I don't think I even mentioned what it was yet haha. It's called PowerHookah. A new type of hookah that's powered electrically. It also doesn't require you to prepare anything, since it uses capsuled tobacco.

For the past couple of months, we've been busy finishing up the prototype and securing some patents. Now I have a bit more free time to give back to the forum since it helped me so much along the way.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
I don't think I even mentioned what it was yet haha. It's called PowerHookah. A new type of hookah that's powered electrically. It also doesn't require you to prepare anything, since it uses capsuled tobacco.

For the past couple of months, we've been busy finishing up the prototype and securing some patents. Now I have a bit more free time to give back to the forum since it helped me so much along the way.

Looking good my dude! Great thing is that (if you wanted) you could expand and eventually make your own flavours, not just the actual machine. I think the product is easily advertised on Instagram - use influencers to get your product out there!

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Looking good my dude! Great thing is that (if you wanted) you could expand and eventually make your own flavours, not just the actual machine. I think the product is easily advertised on Instagram - use influencers to get your product out there!

For sure! This is what we are trying to do. But it's the whole chicken and egg thing. Need $ to manufacture, need the product to create content lol. Doing all we can with what we got at the moment.

Guest304

Contributor
Apr 6, 2017
Nowhere
For sure! This is what we are trying to do. But it's the whole chicken and egg thing. Need $ to manufacture, need the product to create content lol. Doing all we can with what we got at the moment.

Just curious, could your tech be used in the rapidly growing Medical Marijuana industry? That could be a game changer for you. I've no interest in being in that market, but the logical thing from my perspective would be to market it for both if possible. Especially the capsule thing. Nobody ( to my knowledge) sells MJ like that or flavored for that matter. Could be interesting.

~J

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Just curious, could your tech be used in the rapidly growing Medical Marijuana industry? That could be a game changer for you. I've no interest in being in that market, but the logical thing from my perspective would be to market it for both if possible. Especially the capsule thing. Nobody ( to my knowledge) sells MJ like that or flavored for that matter. Could be interesting.

~J

CannaKorp, “A consistent, quality experience… every time.”

Capsule based vaporizer ^

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Been offline for a while. We are pivoting the product to go into the marijuana industry. There is only 1 competitor in the sector. Will keep you guys updated as this moves forward :)

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
@Morethan1 Haven't seen you since the Summit but we need to catch up again. I'm trying to get something going in California. It's early and I'm not sure if there's a fit, but it's probably worth talking at some point.

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!!

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything concrete so here goes...

Some background
Since starting this startup a couple of years, I was also working on a hobby, collecting and selling vintage watches. Well, after our funding fell through, this become my sole source of income. Fast forward to today, I have developed a unique marketplace (kind of similar to how MJ started back in the day with his limo website).

The website
My website gathers watchmakers in one place and allows for enthusiasts and collectors to find certified watchmakers. The website allows for transactions to occur before the service is done. So basically, you are finding a watchmaker and are sending your watch to him/her to get serviced and my website takes a commission on that (www.findawatchmaker.com <- feel free to trash the webpage, let me know what to fix :).

Where it's at now
I have been able to gather a lot of interest from watchmakers and enthusiasts. However, I have yet to make my 1st transaction. I have reached out to all the major websites/blogs with a press kit. But as you can imagine, things are kind of slow this time of year.

I was able to lock down an interview with a smaller blog which should have the interview out in a couple of weeks...

As always, if you guys have any questions, I'll try my best to answer. Now, my main goal is to get my 1st transaction through the website. Once that happens, I'll focus on the next 5, 10 etc.

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I have been able to gather a lot of interest from watchmakers and enthusiasts. However, I have yet to make my 1st transaction. I have reached out to all the major websites/blogs with a press kit. But as you can imagine, things are kind of slow this time of year.

I remember you telling me about this. :) Have you tried the Facebook ads route? You should be able to reach the right people with some carefully chosen targeting, then build a list or at least an audience with a Facebook pixel.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Just checking in on the original product - are you still pursuing it or is it dead? @Morethan1

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
Hey fastlaners, I'm still here grinding.

After about a year of on and off and getting distracted, I'm still pushing for my hookah.
We are now taking pre-orders. Have managed to make some sales, so I'm pretty about that.

Link: The world's first electric hookah - Powerhookah
Mods you can remove link if inappropriate.

Plain and simple, I should have known better than to stop pushing our UNIQUE, MARKET VALIDATED product just because we got ditched by our investor. The better part of our emotional selves got in the way of pushing forward. We found excuses to stop pushing which lasted 12 months...

Ya, one thing MJ's book can't show is what YOU (in my case, me) will do emotionally when something F*cks with your progress. Anyway, a couple of months back my partner and I decided to not let our patented idea die. We made a plan and here we are.

Looking forward to being more active on here :clench:

Morethan1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Dec 6, 2012
Canada
We attended our first trade show this month. The feedback we got was awesome. There was a lot of interest from distributors and consumers.

Just have to keep going!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.