The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

**My Profitable Proposal For Those that Can Think In The FAST LANE**

Anything related to investing, including crypto
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you very much. Plus Rep.

Well I must say that you've shown that you can take a punch or two and still stand. That is commendable. Usually by now I get the "delete my account" email which happens after the person doesn't like what he reads.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
How much of your own money have you put into this "company"?

Are you partnering with any venues, companies, people etc?

7k-14k is not a mind blowing amount of money, why is it so hard for you to raise this money, have you tried raising 1k at a time?

Are your performers well known? And why do you think the reason is that this has never been done?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
How much of your company are you giving up for 14k?

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
My time is very valuable, so the fact that I take time to reply to you means I do actually care about your success on some level.

I'm going to quote you on exactly where you need to be more humble and honest. If you threw that pitch up on Kickstarter, people would think the exact same things I'm thinking right now.

"I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state.
I will be a famous performer in a few months, the first of my kind.
Since I’m just a college student and I work 16-20 hours daily on my company I don't have time for a part time job."

BS btw, unless you're skipping class. Also you must consider eating, showering, doing dishes, doing laundry work, otherwise that time schedule just doesn't work out.

It's not the thread or the idea that makes it controversial, it's your attitude. I'm not saying this to be an a**hole, I'm saying this because it's honestly what you need to hear to be successful.

I understand what your trying to say with these quotes:

"I have been a local celebrity since the age of 16 throughout my entire state.
I will be a famous performer in a few months, the first of my kind.
Since I’m just a college student and I work 16-20 hours daily on my company I don't have time for a part time job."

I see that the first line seems vain, but what my logical title of status would be called is 'local celebrity' and that is what people call me. Trust me, I didn't chose to give myself that title, there's just nothing else to describe it.

The second line is true, because I am not only the first of my kind, but a pioneer for generations of performers to come. What I am doing is almost as big as becoming the first famous DJ in the world.

The last part you called BS on, I am a college student, but as I said in my original post I took a semester off to do this. This is why I am able to work so hard. All I do is eat sometimes while I work, and hit the gym for 2 hours a day in between and the dance studio at 4 am on weekends. Those are the only times I spend away from work.

Well I must say that you've shown that you can take a punch or two and still stand. That is commendable. Usually by now I get the "delete my account" email which happens after the person doesn't like what he reads.

Thank you very much DeMarco. I am not scared when faced with opposition. I welcome failure as well as success. My intentions are genuine and i'm here to stay. By the end of this thread you will all see that this opportunity is real and valuable. The truth always uncovers itself in the end and it doesn't matter to me how many people don't believe, all that matters is the ones who do. And those people, will reap the rewards.

How much of your own money have you put into this "company"?

Are you partnering with any venues, companies, people etc?

7k-14k is not a mind blowing amount of money, why is it so hard for you to raise this money, have you tried raising 1k at a time?

Are your performers well known? And why do you think the reason is that this has never been done?

I put every ounce of money I can get into it, I don't spend any money on anything else unless to buy my mother some bread. My producer is also a computer genius and he has saved us thousands and thousands of dollars software/program wise. I am not partnering with anyone.

In my previous post I stated my highest source of income right now would be from nightlife and I cannot return to it until my company is launched. I work 16-20 hours a day so I do not have time for a part time job. Also under strict deadline for launch so I wouldn't even have time.

My performer is like no other ever before in the music industry. He is going to change what it means to be a DJ, the music industry is going to have to react and change by his presence alone. This means big things for the future and a further explosion in market.

Something like this has never been done because what I am doing some people do not believe to even be possible. I am doing things that don't take someone open minded, it takes a visionary. Most of the steps I take in making this happen don't even exist to the public. This is why I know that people can try to steal my ideas, but no one can replicate what I am doing. If for some reason other big labels found out and even tried to do it, they would miserably fail. This is more than never been done before, this has never even been thought of.

How much of your company are you giving up for 14k?

it is up for negotiation.

codo3500

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 6, 2013
I'm not looking to bash you in any way; I can see now you genuinely believe in your idea. I have a bit of a story to tell you though, and hopefully you will learn something from it.

I used to run a web/marketing agency, I was at one time the Senior Programmer, and despite it being total change of roles, ended up the Sales Director. I had big-name clients like Sir Paul McCartney, The Discovery Channel, anyway, you get the point - we were the kind of agency that consistently got approached by kids with big ideas, NDA's, and the offer of equity if we would program their stuff and help market it.

These kids didn't normally have much cash, and we strictly operated on a 'get paid' mentality, so we never to my knowledge took up a client in exchange for equity. If we truly believed in an idea, we would discount it, and at times we worked on paper thin profit margins just because the cause helped our brand, and was essentially an investment.

One day, these two kids walked in, and said they had been referred to us by one of our major clients. This client was a startup, and has done quite well, so I cleared out a chunk of my schedule, and decided to hear out their project.

First thing was the NDA, we just got used to signing these (and let me tell you from experience, they're worth sweet-F-all). They explained, that they were both DJ's, and had an idea for an online booking system for DJ's, so owners of venues could book and pay for DJ's. They said they would be using their 'fame' and 'recognition' to push it - but these kids had one difference, one had a rich dad.

His dad had given him 150k to pursue this dream, and said 'go for it'. I heard them out, helped them plan, and 3 hours later they walked out of my office 85k lighter (via staggered payments, but you get the point).

These kids had no respect for the money. They didn't try to negotiate, and as I'm not a swindling bastard, this was fine as I cut them a fair deal. But I knew for a fact that this lack of respect for the invested capital wasn't going to end well for them.

3 Months later, and their bill had further accrued, as they changed the scope of their work dramatically. They revealed they had been traveling the country going to gigs, trying to get DJ's on their beta version once it launched, and had blew through the remainder of the cash.

They had to go back to Daddy, ask for more money, and they got a bit more. It didn't last long. The end result was a lack of access to more cash, and a partially finished website, no user-base, and no capital.

The site is functional, I'm no longer associated with it, but it makes next to nothing, and has a small userbase, and doesn't have half of the originally intended functionality - for 150k, they could have revolutionised the industry.

The issue here is, these kids had ego's. They thought they were something special, and could do no wrong, and they had NO respect for the invested capital, and blew through it.

If someone was to give you money, would you be able to outline exactly where it was going to go? Why do you know you need exactly 14k, what is that based on? Have you allowed a buffer? Will you be paying yourself a wage out of this at all?

If you have no respect for the money (because it's not yours), and you think that your initial vision is the ultimate, and have the ego to think nothing could possibly go wrong - I believe you are doomed to fail.

/rant.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I'm not looking to bash you in any way; I can see now you genuinely believe in your idea. I have a bit of a story to tell you though, and hopefully you will learn something from it.

I used to run a web/marketing agency, I was at one time the Senior Programmer, and despite it being total change of roles, ended up the Sales Director. I had big-name clients like Sir Paul McCartney, The Discovery Channel, anyway, you get the point - we were the kind of agency that consistently got approached by kids with big ideas, NDA's, and the offer of equity if we would program their stuff and help market it.

These kids didn't normally have much cash, and we strictly operated on a 'get paid' mentality, so we never to my knowledge took up a client in exchange for equity. If we truly believed in an idea, we would discount it, and at times we worked on paper thin profit margins just because the cause helped our brand, and was essentially an investment.

One day, these two kids walked in, and said they had been referred to us by one of our major clients. This client was a startup, and has done quite well, so I cleared out a chunk of my schedule, and decided to hear out their project.

First thing was the NDA, we just got used to signing these (and let me tell you from experience, they're worth sweet-F-all). They explained, that they were both DJ's, and had an idea for an online booking system for DJ's, so owners of venues could book and pay for DJ's. They said they would be using their 'fame' and 'recognition' to push it - but these kids had one difference, one had a rich dad.

His dad had given him 150k to pursue this dream, and said 'go for it'. I heard them out, helped them plan, and 3 hours later they walked out of my office 85k lighter (via staggered payments, but you get the point).

These kids had no respect for the money. They didn't try to negotiate, and as I'm not a swindling bastard, this was fine as I cut them a fair deal. But I knew for a fact that this lack of respect for the invested capital wasn't going to end well for them.

3 Months later, and their bill had further accrued, as they changed the scope of their work dramatically. They revealed they had been traveling the country going to gigs, trying to get DJ's on their beta version once it launched, and had blew through the remainder of the cash.

They had to go back to Daddy, ask for more money, and they got a bit more. It didn't last long. The end result was a lack of access to more cash, and a partially finished website, no user-base, and no capital.

The site is functional, I'm no longer associated with it, but it makes next to nothing, and has a small userbase, and doesn't have half of the originally intended functionality - for 150k, they could have revolutionised the industry.

The issue here is, these kids had ego's. They thought they were something special, and could do no wrong, and they had NO respect for the invested capital, and blew through it.

If someone was to give you money, would you be able to outline exactly where it was going to go? Why do you know you need exactly 14k, what is that based on? Have you allowed a buffer? Will you be paying yourself a wage out of this at all?

If you have no respect for the money (because it's not yours), and you think that your initial vision is the ultimate, and have the ego to think nothing could possibly go wrong - I believe you are doomed to fail.

/rant.

Cool story, it was very interesting to read. I'm here to tell you though, it has nothing to do with me. I come from no money, not even money to eat when everyone around me was full. Money to me is not taken for granted and is neither a pleasure. Money for me is a gateway for opportunity to make more. When I am a multi-millionaire I'm going to work just as hard as I would if I was broke. The kids in your story, are just that, kids. They are far from what I am and what I am going to be and bare no comparison to me in the slightest. I'm a man with a concrete plan and strategy, perfected to the last detail for years to come. Able to deal with any change in plan or reroute nothing can shake me. As I said I welcome failure as well as success. I can get hit by a car and handicapped from the waste down and the company would still launch on time. I asked for 14k because I know exactly where it is going to the last cent, and no I don't get any wage out of it. If I had one last dollar to eat and I was starving for an entire day it would go to the company.
I'm not basing my success off an idea alone, that is merely idiotic. My inevitable success is a combination of my skills in what I do, vast knowledge of the market, imagination & vision, constant generation and evaluation of highly profitable ideas, ability to persevere at all costs, and an unquenchable desire to succeed that makes me tick. This is now the sole purpose I am living. When someone puts that much emphasis on something in an enlightened open-minded manor, and the odds are already heavily in their favor, they bare little chance of failure. I will still be here on these forums to tell my success story. Thank you for your consideration and input though, cool company as well.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
Something like this has never been done because what I am doing some people do not believe to even be possible. I am doing things that don't take someone open minded, it takes a visionary. Most of the steps I take in making this happen don't even exist to the public. This is why I know that people can try to steal my ideas, but no one can replicate what I am doing. If for some reason other big labels found out and even tried to do it, they would miserably fail. This is more than never been done before, this has never even been thought of.

can you describe what your idea is, in a couple sentences? I still don't know, and I'm curious. I don't have time to read long a$$ posts.

your self esteem is pretty high, which is ok. but you need to tone down your ego slightly. at least to the public anyway. comes off as arrogant.

saying that your the only one in the world that could do this 'idea' is pretty heavy handed.

it kinda sounds ridiculous.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Funny how this is a forum for people to come share their ideas and gain constructive criticism and support, yet when someone comes by with a radical idea, all they get is scorn and hate. A simple no, or not replying would be fine, but is it really necessary for everyone (including the founder of the forum) to comment ripping apart the user who started the thread?

There becomes a point when the forum becomes less beneficial and more a group of individuals who think they are better than everyone else and let their arrogance get the best of them.

You know this is one of the top visited entrepreneur forums on the entire internet, right?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Zen has pretty well convinced me nothing is impossible other than maybe dribbling a football. But unless this guy learns to pitch, he doesn't have a prayer in hell.

Expect more.

[video=youtube;J3X_cCJyoxI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3X_cCJyoxI[/video]

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
You know this is one of the top visited entrepreneur forums on the entire internet, right?

I don't see how this validates the way people were acting towards the original poster. Now that he has defended himself and proved his perseverance people are catching on that this quite possibly could be the idea he portrays it as. All I'm saying is a lot of people here are quick to judge and quick to bash.

mapaul04

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 27, 2011
I don't see how this validates the way people were acting towards the original poster. Now that he has defended himself and proved his perseverance people are catching on that this quite possibly could be the idea he portrays it as. All I'm saying is a lot of people here are quick to judge and quick to bash.

A guy comes in creates his VERY FIRST post in which he asks for money, surrounds the post title in asterisks, toots his own horn calling himself a local celebrity, signing autographs and speaks of his overall awesomeness all the while providing little information on the idea and plan and you expect no one to judge and be skeptical...

Please tell everyone how someone should act in this instance..

Hes only asking for 14k but let me guess you arent opening your pocket book are you?

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
A guy comes in creates his VERY FIRST post in which he asks for money, surrounds the post title in asterisks, toots his own horn calling himself a local celebrity, signing autographs and speaks of his overall awesomeness all the while providing little information on the idea and plan and you expect no one to judge and be skeptical...

Please tell everyone how someone should act in this instance..

Hes only asking for 14k but let me guess you arent opening your pocket book are you?

He's asking for money because he needs it to get his company off the ground. It would have been better if he had posted a few times prior to this, and the asterisks are a bit much to be completely honest. But who knows, maybe he REALLY is a local celebrity, you wouldn't know.

The correct way to act would be ask the questions you all have..ask for more information, ask how he came to fame and how he became a local celeb, ask where the money will go and how it will be used, ask why he made this his first post, ask why he seems arrogant. Basically take a look at every post that is negative towards him and it can be turned into a question, there is no need to jump to conclusions that this a phony offer, when like you said, little information is provided.

In fact, I have been in contact with him as a potential investor, but I appreciate the speculation!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
To the original poster, "general solicitation" is illegal and cannot be allowed here.

I need you to modify your post(s) to REMOVE all instances which ask for investors. If you cannot do this, I will need to close (or delete) this thread.

If you are confused on why, click here:

Let me google that for you

The small business raises all the capital it can from friends, relatives, and everyone it knows who has money. In order to expand its fundraising to new potential investors, it hires a securities lawyer. Then the small business learns the bad news: It cannot raise money from anyone with whom it does not have a substantial pre-existing relationship. Otherwise it will violate the prohibition against general solicitation.

sk24iam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Sep 22, 2009
Washington DC
Well I'm a student and I just got my first debit card, I haven't really established any credit yet.

If you're confident that you can get this business going with 14k, just take a loan from lendingclub.com. You will have an easier time getting a loan there than a bank. Then come back and start a progress thread for your business so we can follow and advise accordingly.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So crowd funding gets around this because you get zero equity in return for your donation.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
In fact, I have been in contact with him as a potential investor

Anytime you see the words "Guaranteed" or "Cannot Fail" then you run the other way and never look back.

All of these long a$$ post and I still have no FN clue what the business idea is.

All I'm saying is a lot of people here are quick to judge and quick to bash.

Because this forum has a zero tolerance for Scammers, Spammers and Wantrepreneurs and BS. Its the communities way of saying "hey theres no value in what your doing here!

So crowd funding gets around this because you get zero equity in return for your donation.

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/deborahljacobs/files/2013/04/CrowdfundingArticlechart_BrianKorn4.jpg:) heres a good chart that does a good job of explaining it.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Cool story, it was very interesting to read. I'm here to tell you though, it has nothing to do with me. I come from no money, not even money to eat when everyone around me was full. Money to me is not taken for granted and is neither a pleasure. Money for me is a gateway for opportunity to make more. When I am a multi-millionaire I'm going to work just as hard as I would if I was broke. The kids in your story, are just that, kids. They are far from what I am and what I am going to be and bare no comparison to me in the slightest. I'm a man with a concrete plan and strategy, perfected to the last detail for years to come. Able to deal with any change in plan or reroute nothing can shake me. As I said I welcome failure as well as success. I can get hit by a car and handicapped from the waste down and the company would still launch on time. I asked for 14k because I know exactly where it is going to the last cent, and no I don't get any wage out of it. If I had one last dollar to eat and I was starving for an entire day it would go to the company.

I love that somebody quoted that you were making 6 figures as a college student promoting prior to this and yet you can't scrounge up a measly $14,000. So honestly, if you were making over a hundred grand a year, how do you have zero in savings? You say you're a man with a concrete plan and strategy, yet there's a huge crack in your personal finances and ability to finance it yourself.

EDC is starting next weekend and their cost alone was $35 million. The only actual "events" you can get started with $14k are small, SUPER small. We have EDM events here in Seattle with 3 stages, 50 performers, and are just massive events. The cost to host one must be mind boggling, but they're often times paid for through ticket sales before the set equipment is even rented. So, how is $14k going to skyrocket you above the likes of these guys?

I should note something about myself. I'm going to be a multi-millionaire in the next few years. I believe a lot of people on this forum are on that path as well. The offers for my pre-revenue company have been coming in at over 7 figures, which has just given me more confidence than ever to continue. I'm 23 years old, work from my apartment, and am catching the attention of nearly every big company imaginable, and have the luxury of getting to speak to them. If I ever started a thread claiming all that out-right in the fashion I just did, people would like at me like I'm a huge egotistical douche. Even after I sell the company, I won't share my story in that fashion. The same information can be conveyed in two different ways and show to entirely different meanings about the person.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
You can make 6 fig in nightlife promoting but can't go earn the 14k? You had to exit quickly? What did you do? You sound lazy, maybe based on your past success. Go back and earn the money, sounds like it'd be a 1 or 2 week gig for you then go out and make your millions.

You've posted no samples of your talent?

YALE, I am a great actor, my family says so and would ask me for my autograph too. I am also a local celebrity, my parents think the world of me. Hollywood is a multi-billion dollar business and top notch actors can be paid 5-20million per movie and much more if they get a piece of the action.

YALE, why don't you send me 14k because if I had that to get to Hollywood it would be a slam dunk.

No, I won't show you my SAG card, monologue, or demo reel until you put up the money because I want serious investors only who are sophisticated, and understand the Hollywood game that can appreciate my superlative talent.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
can you describe what your idea is, in a couple sentences? I still don't know, and I'm curious. I don't have time to read long a$$ posts.

your self esteem is pretty high, which is ok. but you need to tone down your ego slightly. at least to the public anyway. comes off as arrogant.

saying that your the only one in the world that could do this 'idea' is pretty heavy handed.

it kinda sounds ridiculous.

Yes of course. and to your second statement, it's good that you think the idea sounds kinda ridiculous. as entrepreneurs you should all know that millionaires are not made by ideas that sound 'normal'. and it is not an idea, it is a combination of ideas, all boosting each others success. these ideas are created with a specific vision. if you do not possess the knowledge, imagination, vision, immense motivation, talent, and connections to replicate them and constantly produce more ideas just like the ones you have already, then you have no luck. You never know, I may not be the only person in the world who is capable, but I am the only who is doing it.
I don't see how this validates the way people were acting towards the original poster. Now that he has defended himself and proved his perseverance people are catching on that this quite possibly could be the idea he portrays it as.

exactly.

lol, I Like this bit:
6 figures should be able to cover $14k... what happened to that?
Doesn't fill an investor with much confidence if you can't control your own finances

If you read the posts you will see that I had to leave nightlife. I made a leave of absence to the public, saying that when I come back I will have built something great. The nightlife industry relies heavily on your reputation. If I were to go back now without my company my reputation would be tarnished. I'd also have to get people back into the habit of coming out to parties and events, which I don't have time for. People close to me have brought it up why don't you just do one event and go back. What I would be losing in that process, valuable time and reputation would not be worth it for me. This is why I am here.

Anytime you see the words "Guaranteed" or "Cannot Fail" then you run the other way and never look back.
All of these long a$$ post and I still have no FN clue what the business idea is.

I am not marketing my post with words like 'guaranteed'. I am telling you the truth what is real, that I have an incredibly small chance of failure. This is the sole purpose im living, the only reason I breathe. If it went down i'd go down with it but it would never because my mind makes everything I want to happen, happen. What I have done so far, what is already happening right now, and what is inevitable to happen in a few months all show that I will not fail. I have figured out the industry, how it works, and how to make it. Not to mention I will be running off of genius ideas and a concrete profitable vision. In a logical sense it literally is almost impossible to fail.
And you would not know my ideas because I said from the beginning in my first post that I was not going to reveal my ideas on a public forum. If you are a potential investor you will be filled in on every detail, and then you can decide from there whether or not you want to continue with me.

I love that somebody quoted that you were making 6 figures as a college student promoting prior to this and yet you can't scrounge up a measly $14,000. So honestly, if you were making over a hundred grand a year, how do you have zero in savings? You say you're a man with a concrete plan and strategy, yet there's a huge crack in your personal finances and ability to finance it yourself.

EDC is starting next weekend and their cost alone was $35 million. The only actual "events" you can get started with $14k are small, SUPER small. We have EDM events here in Seattle with 3 stages, 50 performers, and are just massive events. The cost to host one must be mind boggling, but they're often times paid for through ticket sales before the set equipment is even rented. So, how is $14k going to skyrocket you above the likes of these guys?

I should note something about myself. I'm going to be a multi-millionaire in the next few years. I believe a lot of people on this forum are on that path as well. The offers for my pre-revenue company have been coming in at over 7 figures, which has just given me more confidence than ever to continue. I'm 23 years old, work from my apartment, and am catching the attention of nearly every big company imaginable, and have the luxury of getting to speak to them. If I ever started a thread claiming all that out-right in the fashion I just did, people would like at me like I'm a huge egotistical douche. Even after I sell the company, I won't share my story in that fashion. The same information can be conveyed in two different ways and show to entirely different meanings about the person.

I like this post, because it actually has some real information in it. It will be a pleasure responding to this.
1. If you read above in this same post, you can see why I wont be using nightlife to get these funds.
I have been in the nightlife industry since 15 and rose to the top of it as the #1 promoter in my state, throwing one of most successful events of the year 2012, on my own. Without my company, right now I am able to make six figures in the nightlife/entertainment industry but that isn’t what I want.

In my original post I stated I rose to the top in 2012 so I haven't been making 6 figures for years I am able to make it now. (20-30k event 1 month promo each) 20-30k x 12 = 6 figures easy. Obviously I have come across something bigger and better so that isn't what I want.

I am able to hold events at most of the biggest nightclubs in my state and surrounding states. These deals can work in many ways, but usually it will be getting a certain percentage after you hit a certain attendance cap. i.e: 1400 people attend you receive 85% of door/ticket sales. in these ways I don't have to spend anything to host the event besides paying for promo, dancers, promoters, and djs which get paid after the event. the owner would keep the other 15% for themselves.

And yes, in Seattle, your best event is Decibel Festival. It's held in late September and has about 60 artists. These are the events that I will be doing in the future. And yes, that is one of the reasons I am not doing them now it costs a lot do. I also recommend that you go to Foundation Nightclub in Seattle as it is nationally ranked.
14k is going to make myself and my first artist main attractions at these festivals and events nation wide, even world wide in a short amount of time, as well as establish our brand to our entire niche in united states. This 14k will make me a million then I start phase two of my plan, bigger moves are then made.

And to your last part, yes I understand that. If that is true that's great for you and I wish you much luck on your journey.

You can make 6 fig in nightlife promoting but can't go earn the 14k? You had to exit quickly? What did you do? You sound lazy, maybe based on your past success. Go back and earn the money, sounds like it'd be a 1 or 2 week gig for you then go out and make your millions.

You've posted no samples of your talent?

YALE, I am a great actor, my family says so and would ask me for my autograph too. I am also a local celebrity, my parents think the world of me. Hollywood is a multi-billion dollar business and top notch actors can be paid 5-20million per movie and much more if they get a piece of the action.

YALE, why don't you send me 14k because if I had that to get to Hollywood it would be a slam dunk.

No, I won't show you my SAG card, monologue, or demo reel until you put up the money because I want serious investors only who are sophisticated, and understand the Hollywood game that can appreciate my superlative talent.

read above in this post for the answer to your first statements.

and lmao haha sorry but if only your parents love you your not a local celeb kiddo :p you also don't have any previous accomplishments you can back up :smash: maybe if you can tell me how it would be a slam dunk i might be interested. but like i said previously.. serious POTENTIAL investors (that have the money and would be interested in investing in a company with this type of potential) will be filled in on all the information before they invest a dime into my company, then they can decide whether or not to continue with the process.

and for the future guys, please check if a question has already been asked previously in the thread before you ask it. would save me a lot of time, thanks everyone.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
And yes, in Seattle, your best event is Decibel Festival. It's held in late September and has about 60 artists. These are the events that I will be doing in the future. And yes, that is one of the reasons I am not doing them now it costs a lot do. I also recommend that you go to Foundation Nightclub in Seattle as it is nationally ranked.
I'm at Foundation twice a week >.< haha But honestly, it's pretty small, bad layout, they just get really good artists to come perform. If you know about big clubs in Seattle or if you ever come here, check out Q on Capitol Hill. Just went there for BT and it destroyed Foundation in every sense.

465925_508288889220393_1025354736_o.jpg
Foundation Seattle -- I'm to the right of the striped shirt guy in the front.

SO, since you know of Foundation, you might know they are owned by a company called USC Events. USC is the company here that throws 4-5 massive EDM festivals with 10k-20k people, the ones that have 3 stages I was talking about.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I'm at Foundation twice a week >.< haha But honestly, it's pretty small, bad layout, they just get really good artists to come perform. If you know about big clubs in Seattle or if you ever come here, check out Q on Capitol Hill. Just went there for BT and it destroyed Foundation in every sense.

View attachment 5328
Foundation Seattle -- I'm to the right of the striped shirt guy in the front.

SO, since you know of Foundation, you might know they are owned by a company called USC Events. USC is the company here that throws 4-5 massive EDM festivals with 10k-20k people, the ones that have 3 stages I was talking about.

haha BT nice. I grew up on Break My Fall :jackson: As fall as Seattle and Washington goes: Contour, Volume, Q, Trinity, Foundation, See Sound Lounge, Last Supper Club and The Barboza would be my recommendations. I have an extension of my company in every state of the United States which you will see since your an EDM fan. I can also tell you that you will be attending one of my events next year. Since you know about EDM you'll know exactly who I am once you hear about me. I probably even have your name in my database for time release, be expected to know who I am by August the latest.
I like USC events. They're doing Paradiso in like a week. Partnered with Live Nation. Hopefully it turns out good because Washington needs a leading EDM Festival with bigger national recognition. Seattle has some good events a lot of people have no idea.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Does your name happen to be Frank Rizzo? Because... every time I absorb your attitude combined with your sketchy description of your own background, you remind me of this clip around the 1:00 mark.

[video=youtube;ZXWo6jXmRO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWo6jXmRO8[/video]

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Are you sure Q is on that list? Haha They're primarily a gay club who once in a blue moon rents out for a local promotion company's event. That's why it's such a treat when they open up their doors for a show like BT.

I like USC events. They're doing Paradiso in like a week. Partnered with Live Nation. Hopefully it turns out good because Washington needs a leading EDM Festival with bigger national recognition. Seattle has some good events a lot of people have no idea.

Ya man Paradiso is going to be amazing:
[video=youtube_share;NWCtUzNlIuw]http://youtu.be/NWCtUzNlIuw[/video]

I know so many people hitting up EDC this next week then going straight into Paradiso. I wish I could afford that much time out of my schedule right now haha >.<

I'm not sure if Washington could ever get national attention for their events. I mean dude, it's Washington haha. Paradiso does however have one of the sickest venues in existence, The Gorge.

I've gotten so off topic with this from my love of EDM haha. I promoted for a 16+ club and actually got my post-school entrepreneurial start in promotion as well. I remember going to these events when I was 17 and they were still 16+ (the big ones) and only 500 people would show up. The last decade has been an amazing transformation.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Does your name happen to be Frank Rizzo? Because... every time I absorb your attitude combined with your sketchy description of your own background, you remind me of this clip around the 1:00 mark.

[video=youtube;ZXWo6jXmRO8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXWo6jXmRO8[/video]

lmfaoo. if only that could be me, then life would be much simpler. And there's a difference between attitude and confidence, and a different between sketchy and discreet. But thanks for the video though, funny find.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
lmfaoo. if only that could be me, then life would be much simpler. And there's a difference between attitude and confidence, and a different between sketchy and discreet. But thanks for the video though, funny find.

The difference is in perception.

I know plenty of guys that walk up to girls at a club with confidence, but get slapped for their cocky arrogance haha.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So are you going to be one of the thousands of posters that we get in here that come in with much fanfare and smack talk, and then go back to making my Subway sandwiches, or are you going to be one of the few that actually puts action behind your words?

I hope for the latter. Some things are going to happen along the way that will adjust your ego, so I am not concerned (for you) about that as life has a tendency to level those things out.

I am concerned though for you that with the small amount of money you are looking for, that you are looking for an "easy" path to something you should be able to easily do for yourself. Look internally. Help yourself. Stop looking for a handout. If you are as good as you say you are, than make this happen. You don't need anonymous strangers to come alongside you.

If you have even one of the high powered contacts you grandstand about, they would throw that kind of money at you. If you will turn $14k into $1m, surely you can make it worthwhile for someone in your circles to give you a chance.

This is not an investment forum, and people are not here to invest money in you. You will find a LOT of people here that will invest time in you if you take a give and take approach.

You're interesting. You're articulate. You are young enough to not know what you don't know, but if you can harness your energy into your own success (vs. looking for a handout from someone else) I think you have a shot at achieving what you set out to achieve.

I hope you hang around here. I hope you share with the people that come behind you your successes, and inevitable failures that come into play along the way.

I suspect you will bail when nobody gives you a free ride... but I could be wrong. I hope for your sake that you exceed your dreams, and that the Dom flows in your direction sooner than later.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Are you sure Q is on that list? Haha They're primarily a gay club who once in a blue moon rents out for a local promotion company's event. That's why it's such a treat when they open up their doors for a show like BT.

Ya man Paradiso is going to be amazing:
[video=youtube_share;NWCtUzNlIuw]http://youtu.be/NWCtUzNlIuw[/video]

I know so many people hitting up EDC this next week then going straight into Paradiso. I wish I could afford that much time out of my schedule right now haha >.<

I'm not sure if Washington could ever get national attention for their events. I mean dude, it's Washington haha. Paradiso does however have one of the sickest venues in existence, The Gorge.

I've gotten so off topic with this from my love of EDM haha. I promoted for a 16+ club and actually got my post-school entrepreneurial start in promotion as well. I remember going to these events when I was 17 and they were still 16+ (the big ones) and only 500 people would show up. The last decade has been an amazing transformation.

yea it is, my council rated it an 8/10 so its featured in my company. interesting though.

and really lmao people spend so much money its wild. but its kinda true after you go to one you want to go right to another one. Washington has potential for it. you don't have to be a big place like miami nyc cali. DC, chicago, detriot all have nation-wide notoriety when it comes to edm events.

And an amazing transformation indeed. this is what I briefly described in my first post. we're going through a cultural phenomenon with EDM right now its exploding at a very fast rate. Lots of fans are rushed into the culture because of it and are blinded about what they like.. its very easy to make it big in the industry right now with the right things on your side.

The difference is in perception.

I know plenty of guys that walk up to girls at a club with confidence, but get slapped for their cocky arrogance haha.

in that specific situation its a good idea to get smacked for being overly confident instead of not noticed for being under confident. 1 rule about women and confidence. if you approach with that much swagger, what can a girl say? "how dare he be so confident". girls look for that type of confidence and even a**holeness about a man. girls in the club like the bad boys.

So are you going to be one of the thousands of posters that we get in here that come in with much fanfare and smack talk, and then go back to making my Subway sandwiches, or are you going to be one of the few that actually puts action behind your words?

I hope for the latter. Some things are going to happen along the way that will adjust your ego, so I am not concerned (for you) about that as life has a tendency to level those things out.

I am concerned though for you that with the small amount of money you are looking for, that you are looking for an "easy" path to something you should be able to easily do for yourself. Look internally. Help yourself. Stop looking for a handout. If you are as good as you say you are, than make this happen. You don't need anonymous strangers to come alongside you.

If you have even one of the high powered contacts you grandstand about, they would throw that kind of money at you. If you will turn $14k into $1m, surely you can make it worthwhile for someone in your circles to give you a chance.

This is not an investment forum, and people are not here to invest money in you. You will find a LOT of people here that will invest time in you if you take a give and take approach.

You're interesting. You're articulate. You are young enough to not know what you don't know, but if you can harness your energy into your own success (vs. looking for a handout from someone else) I think you have a shot at achieving what you set out to achieve.

I hope you hang around here. I hope you share with the people that come behind you your successes, and inevitable failures that come into play along the way.

I suspect you will bail when nobody gives you a free ride... but I could be wrong. I hope for your sake that you exceed your dreams, and that the Dom flows in your direction sooner than later.

yes i understand i just really have to work hard 24/7 and i don't think I would want anyone in that industry to know, you cannot trust anyone in nightlife what so ever. also, the nightlife industry isn't that grand. so i have a specific plan that is playing out that's why I came here.
I'm not asking to be handed money, I'm asking for a partner in this journey that will benefit from his investment just as much as I will. Someone who's interested in making money for the long term and can see the potential in a good idea. Fast lane would be where I would suspect someone of this nature to be.
And as far as 14k being too little, I can do everything I need to for now with that money. With expanding, I always want to be the master of timing. Thank you for your sincerity and consideration. I will be here to stay. I want to surround myself only with people of ambition and intelligence as frequent as possible, so I think this forum will do me well. Cheers. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!