The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My next step

Anything related to matters of the mind

BizPrep

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 17, 2019
I have been working as an employee for the same company for just under 10 years, I am still pretty young and sort of feel trapped at this stage. The job that I am in isn't that bad but I really don't like the industry and can't relate to the people working in this industry at all. I want to quit more than anything but I am hooked by the system AKA the money...

Looking for advice on next steps!

A bit more information about me:
Mortgage-free - hammered this debt working 40 hours for 10 years doing something I wasn't passionate about
Net worth - approx. $375k tied up in mainly real estate and stocks ($80k liquid).
Dream - Solve a need at a mass scale (introduce a product/service)
Reality - Went the scripted path to date, University degree then working for fortune 500 company for 10 years

Fears:
Quitting the job I hate and having a hard time finding something on a similar pay scale
Seeing bank account go down

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bud Fox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Dec 16, 2015
Next step? Grow a sack?
Sorry not trying to be a dick, but looks like you’ve got all the reasons and fears to stay right where you are...

the honest next step is to spent countless hours researching different potential avenues and ideas and analyzing each one until that sack grows big enough to make the jump. ...

when you do, I suggest strategically using sick/vacation time to get your new gigs going concurrently while still getting your normal paycheck.

what I find, though, is that people who stay at their job for 10 years like you tend to have this baseless loyalty and phantom obligatory complex whereby they actual feel bad about leaving. They think about their managers and coworkers and what they might think of them if they...be conscious of that and don’t let that be you.

BizPrep

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 17, 2019
Next step? Grow a sack?
Sorry not trying to be a dick, but looks like you’ve got all the reasons and fears to stay right where you are...

the honest next step is to spent countless hours researching different potential avenues and ideas and analyzing each one until that sack grows big enough to make the jump. ...

when you do, I suggest strategically using sick/vacation time to get your new gigs going concurrently while still getting your normal paycheck.

what I find, though, is that people who stay at their job for 10 years like you tend to have this baseless loyalty and phantom obligatory complex whereby they actual feel bad about leaving. They think about their managers and coworkers and what they might think of them if they...be conscious of that and don’t let that be you.
I think that's good advice, especially the last part because it is true. Very close to making the leap but don't think I will be using vacation/sick time. What do you think about spending the countless hours researching while travelling in Europe?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I think that's good advice, especially the last part because it is true. Very close to making the leap but don't think I will be using vacation/sick time. What do you think about spending the countless hours researching while travelling in Europe?
I think that sounds like a recipe to have your fear come true.

His advice was to take sick time to serve your new customers, aka "gigs". Not to research.

Don't quit until you have something else started. Sheesh.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.