The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Journey

Joe Lee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jul 15, 2018
Hi, my name is Joe and I am on the same journey as I assume most members of this awesome site are. I am 39, live in Parker, CO (Suburb of Denver) and I have a burning desire to separate my time from my income and to be the father, man, and entrepreneur I know that I can...

I began my career as a Police Officer in 2001, but always had the entrepreneur bug. I was always reading books, brainstorming, and discussing business opportunities with my co-worker and now business partner, Matt. I felt like I always saw the world differently than most typical "cops" did, but I never had the guts to act on it. My 40+ hour a week job, with full benefits, guaranteed bi-weekly pay check, and pension plan always won in my analytical brain.

In 2015 Matt and I partnered on a small rental property, which we still own and it has been cash flowing (modestly) ever since we bought it. We new real estate is a great space to be, but the cost of entry is enormous. We knew we needed a cash flowing business to further our investment property idea, but it all seemed too hard and too scary to ever consider leaving our jobs for.

This all changed in 2016, when a really good friend of mine was injured in the line of duty. Injured doesn't actually do it justice, he was damn near killed, and will most likely never walk again due to his injuries sustained from a gun fight. This, as MJ says, was my F*ck It Moment. He could have been me, my job was fulfilling, but I was wagering my life every day, just to draw a salary and pay my bills. I knew I couldn't keep going down the same path any longer and Matt and I immediately set to work on our plans.

By Jan 1st 2017 we launched our new LLC, which deals in sales and installation of custom window coverings. We both had a background in this business, so it wasn't like we were reinventing the wheel. We had some good contacts in the business and knew the model should work. Add the current economy and home sales in our area and it was a no brainer. We created our own brand, designed our own logo, and run our own PPC and advertising campaigns. It hasn't been easy, but I was able to hang up my gun belt forever in July 2017 and there is no looking back!

Sales are on pace to quadruple what we did in 2017 and the business is not only sustaining itself and my family, but we are building a website in the background to further leverage our wholesale accounts. Matt is still grinding at his own small business, but the long term plan is for him to come on full time as well. It has been scary, like some nights I can't sleep scary, but it has been so worth while as well. And we couldn't have done any of this without MJ's books. I never knew anyone who wasn't stuck on the sidewalk. Everything I knew about life involved W-2 income, mortgages, and credit cards, but this all changes with me. My children are going to see the other side of life, the unscripted side if you will.

Thank you, everyone, for being a member of this amazing on-line community. I can't wait to see where this road leads and maybe, just maybe, I can be the one sharing helpful advice with you all someday!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

okaycat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jul 19, 2018
Hi! I'm new here as well, but thought your introduction was very interesting. Glad to see you safe and moving onto bigger and better things!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...