What's new

My Journey

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Joe Lee

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jul 15, 2018
Messages
3
Rep Bank
$175
User Power: 333%
Hi, my name is Joe and I am on the same journey as I assume most members of this awesome site are. I am 39, live in Parker, CO (Suburb of Denver) and I have a burning desire to separate my time from my income and to be the father, man, and entrepreneur I know that I can...

I began my career as a Police Officer in 2001, but always had the entrepreneur bug. I was always reading books, brainstorming, and discussing business opportunities with my co-worker and now business partner, Matt. I felt like I always saw the world differently than most typical "cops" did, but I never had the guts to act on it. My 40+ hour a week job, with full benefits, guaranteed bi-weekly pay check, and pension plan always won in my analytical brain.

In 2015 Matt and I partnered on a small rental property, which we still own and it has been cash flowing (modestly) ever since we bought it. We new real estate is a great space to be, but the cost of entry is enormous. We knew we needed a cash flowing business to further our investment property idea, but it all seemed too hard and too scary to ever consider leaving our jobs for.

This all changed in 2016, when a really good friend of mine was injured in the line of duty. Injured doesn't actually do it justice, he was damn near killed, and will most likely never walk again due to his injuries sustained from a gun fight. This, as MJ says, was my F*ck It Moment. He could have been me, my job was fulfilling, but I was wagering my life every day, just to draw a salary and pay my bills. I knew I couldn't keep going down the same path any longer and Matt and I immediately set to work on our plans.

By Jan 1st 2017 we launched our new LLC, which deals in sales and installation of custom window coverings. We both had a background in this business, so it wasn't like we were reinventing the wheel. We had some good contacts in the business and knew the model should work. Add the current economy and home sales in our area and it was a no brainer. We created our own brand, designed our own logo, and run our own PPC and advertising campaigns. It hasn't been easy, but I was able to hang up my gun belt forever in July 2017 and there is no looking back!

Sales are on pace to quadruple what we did in 2017 and the business is not only sustaining itself and my family, but we are building a website in the background to further leverage our wholesale accounts. Matt is still grinding at his own small business, but the long term plan is for him to come on full time as well. It has been scary, like some nights I can't sleep scary, but it has been so worth while as well. And we couldn't have done any of this without MJ's books. I never knew anyone who wasn't stuck on the sidewalk. Everything I knew about life involved W-2 income, mortgages, and credit cards, but this all changes with me. My children are going to see the other side of life, the unscripted side if you will.

Thank you, everyone, for being a member of this amazing on-line community. I can't wait to see where this road leads and maybe, just maybe, I can be the one sharing helpful advice with you all someday!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Jo! O'n pix jisi et ximm, cav vjuahjv zuas opvsufadvoup xet wisz opvisitvoph. Hmef vu tii zua tegi epf nuwoph upvu cohhis epf civvis vjopht!
 
Vjeplt @ulezdev O eqqsidoevi zuas lopf dunnipv!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom