The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Idea for a start up, would really love your thoughts on it , be it negative too

Idea threads

Ronozoro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 9, 2021
I am thinking of starting up a business where i grow vegetables indoor vertically hydroponically and give out monthly subs of about 15$ in my city (its a big city, in asia ) that ll get them 400 grams of vegies every week delivered to their homes , it ll be fresh, chemical free and they ll know where their food is coming, i intend to target people who are into healthy eating and salads and hotels. i have the resources to start it , i m currently working on growing the vegies small scale and so far its been a little hard but the results are satisfactory, agriculture isnt something people think of when they think of start ups , i d love to read your views and maybe i ll learn from it

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think indoor farming is one of the most interesting industries for the future.

I have always been fascinated by the fact that you could make the conditions absolutely perfect 24/7/365. There are no harvest seasons. There are no pests. There are no weeds. I bet you get 5x more out of each plant. I bet the waste of resources like water, seed and fertilizer are at the absolute minimum they can be. You can even farm upwards in a building, in the middle of a city.

Overall, I love the idea. But I don’t know if I love the pitch of $15 a month and 400 grams thing. I think you could go much much bigger. Inspire investors to come long for the ride and sell to grocery stores with as big of a distribution you can.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Hi mate,

$15 for 1.6kg of Vegies = $9.37 a kg, price and what you get this could be a bargain or a rip off.

Different spin on your idea & my 2cents:

Instead of selling direct to the customer (just vegetables) why not think about this.
Sell Salad bowels premade wholesale.

What goes in them will vary due to location etc – you will know your market better then some bloke in Australia (that’s me) – I pay $5.00 AUD for a basic garden salad which is 180g ($27 a kg) – you could find local business (service stations etc/vending machines) to sell your salad bowls. Have a unique difference – All grown in: Rangsit! Only Hydro Farm (If you were based in Bangkok)

Your able to scale your selling ability to 40 – 50 people to possibly, 40 – 50 business selling your product to 10-15 people a day!

These are just my 2cents, I hope you found value! I love the idea but I don’t see a huge difference between – a fruit shop & vegetable shop doing home delivery of organic vegetables/fruit.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
This is a great idea and I imagine this type of thing being in the news as a company that just got 4 million from sequoia capital or something for a fundraising round.

Go hard as F*ck on this idea and I'll buy a few shares

Ronozoro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 9, 2021
I think indoor farming is one of the most interesting industries for the future.

I have always been fascinated by the fact that you could make the conditions absolutely perfect 24/7/365. There are no harvest seasons. There are no pests. There are no weeds. I bet you get 5x more out of each plant. I bet the waste of resources like water, seed and fertilizer are at the absolute minimum they can be. You can even farm upwards in a building, in the middle of a city.

Overall, I love the idea. But I don’t know if I love the pitch of $15 a month and 400 grams thing. I think you could go much much bigger. Inspire investors to come long for the ride and sell to grocery stores with as big of a distribution you can.
thank you for your time,i m just a teenager at the age of going to college , so i got to prove my family and myself that i can run a small scale business first , as i m from an asian family and you know how the attitude is such cultures about it , so yeah i ll definietly keep your suggestion in mind.

Ronozoro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 9, 2021
Hi mate,

$15 for 1.6kg of Vegies = $9.37 a kg, price and what you get this could be a bargain or a rip off.

Different spin on your idea & my 2cents:

Instead of selling direct to the customer (just vegetables) why not think about this.
Sell Salad bowels premade wholesale.

What goes in them will vary due to location etc – you will know your market better then some bloke in Australia (that’s me) – I pay $5.00 AUD for a basic garden salad which is 180g ($27 a kg) – you could find local business (service stations etc/vending machines) to sell your salad bowls. Have a unique difference – All grown in: Rangsit! Only Hydro Farm (If you were based in Bangkok)

Your able to scale your selling ability to 40 – 50 people to possibly, 40 – 50 business selling your product to 10-15 people a day!

These are just my 2cents, I hope you found value! I love the idea but I don’t see a huge difference between – a fruit shop & vegetable shop doing home delivery of organic vegetables/fruit.
hey
i dont live in developing country and people here dont go a lot for pre packed food, so yeah your thing would work for sure in a developed country , i did nt get what you meant by this-
love the idea but I don’t see a huge difference between – a fruit shop & vegetable shop doing home delivery of organic vegetables/fruit.

Ronozoro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 9, 2021
This is a great idea and I imagine this type of thing being in the news as a company that just got 4 million from sequoia capital or something for a fundraising round.

Go hard as f*ck on this idea and I'll buy a few shares
thanks man, i hope it gets to that point someday

capito

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 5, 2021
i m just a teenager at the age of going to college
Excellent start for a teenager.
I fully understand what you say about culture. Many products developed in first world countries are copied in my country, but adapted to our culture. Therefore, it is good that you keep your eyes and ears open to what happens in other places / regions / countries, and see what you can adapt to your culture. The comments you have received here go down that path. There is a lot of information on the internet, especially youtube where you can go for hydroponics and end up in vertical farms. Everything comes. Also to the least thought corners.
Your business idea is also a bit mine

applegirl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Dec 20, 2021
I think this is absolutely amazing! I dream of outdoor tomato gardens, bridges and lettuce beds everywhere for everyone.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
hey
i dont live in developing country and people here dont go a lot for pre packed food, so yeah your thing would work for sure in a developed country , i did nt get what you meant by this-
love the idea but I don’t see a huge difference between – a fruit shop & vegetable shop doing home delivery of organic vegetables/fruit.
Hey mate I will try to explain clearer.

My local fruit and vegetable shop does delivery - I can choose Organic fruit/veg (more expensive) or farm grown fruit/veg (standard price - treated with pesticides), - I don't see a Unique reason to choose Hydro vegetables (your product) compared to them.

They would have more of a range etc, this what I was trying to explain.

May I ask where you are based?

Ronozoro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 9, 2021
Hey mate I will try to explain clearer.

My local fruit and vegetable shop does delivery - I can choose Organic fruit/veg (more expensive) or farm grown fruit/veg (standard price - treated with pesticides), - I don't see a Unique reason to choose Hydro vegetables (your product) compared to them.

They would have more of a range etc, this what I was trying to explain.

May I ask where you are based?
ohh okay ,
i m based in hyderabad

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

Ronozoro

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Dec 9, 2021
Have you heard of these two Indian 19 years olds on a warpath with their turbo food delivery startup. Become the veggie version of them.

ohh i havent , but thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.