The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My girlfriend dumped me

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

mohawkdcg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 31, 2012
OC Cal
The moment she said she wanted to leave me, I simply showed her the door. Not worth weeping for. Still feels a little bit rough, I know this sounds stupid as I'm 18, but we had a lot of history, and we went through really tough times together, which grew a deep respect for her inside myself. Anyway, her loss, I would've given a kidney for her, glad to realize she would have never done the same!

Edit: first time I've ever had to handle rejection in life, and damn, it feels good!

Enjoy and build the strength and confidence you are showing. This is like catnip to the the ladies. And realize that you should never go back.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entourage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Sep 12, 2012
Well, I can say without a big ego, that before I met her, I had at least 4 different women in my bed each week, sometimes multiple females a day... This girl had changed me, I became a trustworthy guy you could count on.. I think she fell in love with the Valon that she met, and in changing me she started doubting our relationship. Women, I'll never understand them. Even if she still wants me back (which she will in time) I'm not giving in. In all honesty, there have been multiple occasions where I second guessed our relationship, merely for the fact that she didnt respect my parents like I'd want my girlfriend to, but I shook those ideas out of my head in hope that she would change.

Seems like my life is falling in to place! Thanks guys, I appreciate the support, as I said before, I started this thread while I was drunk, never thought you guys would be so supportive!

onialex1

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 8, 2012
Baltimore MD
Well, I can say without a big ego, that before I met her, I had at least 4 different women in my bed each week, sometimes multiple females a day

Seriously??? Jeez, you gotta let me in on your moves man. I might as well also learn how to woo the ladies while I am on this forum.

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
disregard-females-acquire-currency.jpg

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Not worth it, trust me!
I don't know man, I don't have sympathy for you getting girls lol. I think it's a lesson more positive than negative, that is getting with girls.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Anyway, I went out drinking with some buds last night, in a good mood, I'm happy, because I dodged a bullet. 110% business right now!

Aww :( you're still 100% short. Bump it up to 210 son!

Goodluck!

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
This will pass...and in the end your success as a whole/happy person will be the best revenge….

Why revenge? Perhaps the girl just wanted different things. This is a life lesson and the other persons decision should be accepted.

LOL its all good bro, girls come and go, the one that you were meant to be with will come without you even trying to find her.

I wouldn't agree with this. If you haven't met 100+ girls, how would you differentiate between what you want in a partner and what you don't want? There is a reason the divorce rate is over 50% and it's because people get caught up in "the one" without much experience.

Meeting someone compatible is a process just like building a business.

Congrats...she did you a favor. Might hurt for awhile, but F it. Plenty of things to achieve in the meantime.

Yeah she did. It was a life lesson showing that no matter how awesome you are, someone else might have a different path then yours. You learn that this is ok and become even more comfortable in your own skin.
Congrats!

Seriously, congrats lol. You're young, live your life and build your business.

Exactly.
Keep her address so you can send her pics of your bank statements in a few years.

lol... or better yet... on second thought I won't go there :rolleyes:

1) Don't get serious about marriage before you are at least 25.

2) Shoot for having a minimum of $5M cash on hand and a successful fastlane business first (but don't advertise that fact). It will be so much easier to accomplish while you are single.

3) Date a minimum of 100 ladies before choosing a fiance and enjoy the process....don't get in a rush. It takes some experience to know what you want. It's a numbers game and you don't know what you don't know until you get the numbers up. Don't let dating get in the way of the business.

4) Don't marry the fiance until you have been together at least 2 years. Some things about people can take that long to come out.

5) Test, test, test. You need to be always testing to see what the other person is all about, especially on the early dates. You are looking to rule out anyone that doesn't meet your requirements. As soon as you see a date is not for you then politely break it off. Don't string them out. If you don't have requirements then get them or else what you end up with will be a crap shoot.

That's my 2 cents on the subject. Good luck and enjoy your youth before marriage and children take most of your time away.

Very well said.
The very day you make it big will be the day she realizes just how dumb and stupid she was.

Let this be a driving force for you to achieve and take whats yours.

There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of beautiful women out there for you.

All waiting to be swept away by the successful man that is in you.

Don't let one bitch take away the smile from your face.

She was never worth it in the first place.

Why was she stupid? The fact is that none of us know her end of the story. At 18 there is so much to explore and do. There is no reason to judge someone based on their decisions. It's their life and they are free to live it however they want to.
Big secret: Chase the money and resources, women will come secondhand. Always. It's a law of nature.

Don't ever chase the money. Ever.
Even a bigger secret: Don't chase anything.
This.
Seriously??? Jeez, you gotta let me in on your moves man. I might as well also learn how to woo the ladies while I am on this forum.

His "moves" are directly related to action. There are great programs and coaches that can help you with his area of your life, but the process is the same as building a business.

Go out every night for 60 days and approach women. You will see results without any guidance.

Also, he works in the nightlife industry. This alone opens many doors.

atmosphere13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jul 23, 2012
San Diego, CA
Girls may be distractions to some but if you find the RIGHT woman than she can add significant value to your success. Looking back at history, some of the worlds greatest minds were influenced by their wives. (Steve Jobs/Laureen Jobs, Bill Gates/Melinda Gates, Abraham Lincoln/Mary Lincoln, Albert Einstein/Elsa Einstein, etc..

Additionally, most men who say "your lucky" or "it's the best thing that happened to you, believe me!" were with bad women to begin with. On the contrary, good women will only uplift you to be your best self. Women shouldn't be distractions to your goals, but they should empower you to accomplish your goals. They should go along with you for the adventure and the roller coaster lifestyle that entrepreneurs often live.

With that, you may want to check out my website that I have been building for the past 8 months (with the help of many on this site)that has a section on how to get your ex girlfriend back: How To Get Ex Girlfriend Back | How To Get Girlfriend Back-Get Her Back

If indeed, that is your intention. Then I assure you my website can add value to your goals.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Girls are distractions, your young like me that extra time and energy should be put into your business.

No they are not. This is a bunch of over generalized BS. I am honestly sick of hearing stuff like this. If you can't balance then you have real problems.

77startup

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 4, 2011
Chicago
I wouldn't beat yourself up over this. Women (in a dating sense) are a considerable drain on a young man's resources (mostly time). Focus on yourself, your goals & let women fit in where it feels effortless for you.

Be selfish and be smart enough to look out for your needs first.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
No they are not. This is a bunch of over generalized BS. I am honestly sick of hearing stuff like this. If you can't balance then you have real problems.

Bingo. But that's the thing... it's overgeneralized.

A shitty significant other or an addiction to chasing dating/sex partners is dangerous to your business life. Extremely dangerous. At the same time, a supportive significant other can be an accelerative tailwind.

A lot of the forum chooses to be in a relationship. Some of the forum chooses to stay single. That's the thing: it's a choice. Nobody needs a life partner, nobody needs to stay away from them.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
At 18, you should be focusing on yourself.

The women will come and go.

By the time you are in your late 20's, perhaps early 30's, you truly find yourself. Your business/life experiences, failures, and successes will mold you as you go, and your true self comes into being. Once you find your true self, the girl thing will shake itself out.

I'm pretty sure 99% of us older guys on here will validate that who you are at 18 is light years away from who you are at 29, or 32. You want to marry someone who is a good match for your true self, not the youngster who is yet to become it.

Get married too early and too young, and you risk "growing apart" which simply means that the true selves were not compatible.

twicE

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Aug 17, 2012
Germany
Hey Entourage I feel you on that, I'm 21 and have been dumped before by the first big love! It hurts, but I learned so much from it, not only regarding relationships and stuff but more about myself, my fears and what truly counts!

As Tony Robbins says, this is a Class 2 Experience, something that doesn't feel good, but it is damn good for you and everyone around you!
So embrace it and be grateful for you being able to rock your live and having the time to crush your dreams! :icon_super:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
At 18, you should be focusing on yourself.

The women will come and go.

By the time you are in your late 20's, perhaps early 30's, you truly find yourself. Your business/life experiences, failures, and successes will mold you as you go, and your true self comes into being. Once you find your true self, the girl thing will shake itself out.

I'm pretty sure 99% of us older guys on here will validate that who you are at 18 is light years away from who you are at 29, or 32. You want to marry someone who is a good match for your true self, not the youngster who is yet to become it.

Get married too early and too young, and you risk "growing apart" which simply means that the true selves were not compatible.

Your advice is incomplete.

"Finding yourself" doesn't have to be by yourself. You can find yourself with a partner who is also finding themselves. Is there a risk of growing apart? Of course. Proof is all around us: look at the divorce rate! But our true selves are not static and are ever-changing. 29 year old me will be unrecognizable from 19 year old me. Hell, 16 year old me was unrecognizable from 19 year old me (at least I think so, and that's the only opinion that matters). Maybe I'll get taller (please?).

My parents married very young (my age, actually). They grew together, built careers together, moved halfway across the world and back together, had a family together, jumped many income levels together, and, to this very day, still watch the History Channel together while talking about/arguing over the content of the show.

I think that some people will marry and some people won't. Those who won't are the people who are thinking "It would be nice to settle down with a girl..." and those who will are actively looking and testing for their 'partner in crime' if you will. If the "It would be nice" crowd tries to settle down anytime before they truly commit to it, it'll end in catastrophe.

Everyone is different and everyone treats their relationships differently.

I think this is actually a good idea for another thread: "When is 'too young' to settle down?"

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Best break-up advice I ever received:

Watch This movie.

Now get back on your bike, focus on self improvement and generate some wealth!

cdmedia

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Oct 1, 2012
Sorry to hear that. Just happened to me as well. Trying to focus on the positive that comes out but it's difficult at times. Best of luck mate

LikeAGentleman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 26, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
With each break up you take a little, grow a little and become a stronger better person. I have bounced from serious relationship to the next not giving myself time to think, grow, and get to know myself. I find myself falling hard and fast now at 28 almost a year into another relationship with a 22 year old little hottie, I have completely lost interest because there is so much missing. I am realizing I have missed out and lost focus in the past because of my serial monogamy. Time to move on and focus on you! Seems tough at first but trust me each one gets easier until you find the right one.

If I could go back and change anything I would have gotten to know my self earlier and not wasted time trying to make things work that obviously wouldn't. Live life with no regrets.

andyredsox

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 24, 2012
Being 18 is the best time to explore the world- by yourself or with somebody.

You may not end up with this somebody in the future but at least you didn't go through the process alone.

Life is a cycle man.

If you were down today, you will rise up tomorrow.

Enjoy what you two had and move forward to a a new phase!

Christomofa

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 24, 2013
Mate,

Word of advice, I am going through the same problem. Only I was engaged (and she was the one who proposed!!!) and she bailed on me. I felt as though I was being taken for granted (I have given an arm and a leg for the relationship). It was only until I realised that I have been taking myself for granted I started seeing my own self worth. How can I expect for my partner to take me seriously if I don't take myself seriously either?

Point is, start valuing your own self worth. Become the guy you expect your perfect girl is attracted to. When you do, if you're anything like me, you will start to realise your ex isn't even worth your time. If she's the one, she'll come back to you. However, even if she does come back to you, I don't think you will want her anymore because you will realise you can do better. Get your shit sorted and start loving yourself and you will find some one who loves you. Don't take any less than that!

First love can be a lot to go through, especially when it's our first real relationships too (yeah she was my first everything). Good luck and throw yourself into your passion and dreams. Don't let it change who you are and value yourself more than ever while surrounding yourself with people who love and appreciate you the way you are.

The sooner you realise all this the sooner you can move on and actually see what the relationship for what it is! You need to be there for yourself first at this time. Get your shit sorted FIRST, then go do what your heart wants! you will thank me for that ;).
All the best mate!

Antonioac

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 20, 2013
Best thing you can do is get your foundation in order and take pride in your skills, business, success. When you meet the right one, you'll be in a position to snatch her up.

Get big.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.