The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My FTE moment

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
Hello guys, I’m Okan. I’m a 16yo boy who lives in Bulgaria. And I’ve read The Milionaire Fastlane, and I’m currently reading Unscripted . Today was a special day for me, cuz I’ve had my FTE. My gf just gifted me a hotwheels car, and it’s my favourite car (Dodge Demon SRT). While it was in my paIm said to myself, “If other people can drive a car like this. I can drive too!” The thought of people driving my favourite car had me going crazy! I’ve been on self-improvement for the last 2 years, and I won’t stop. Thanks for reading this guys. If you have any suggestions or questions comment down below, I’ll be replying to all of you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Impressive you've started self improvement young, keep plugging away at it.

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
Impressive you've started self improvement young, keep plugging away at it.
The thought of driving a 6.2 liter car and retiring my mom is what motivates me!

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
The thought of driving a 6.2 liter car and retiring my mom is what motivates me!
Great aspirations, but you're going to be put to the test on that. What steps are you taking now? and I mean right now.

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
Great aspirations, but you're going to be put to the test on that. What steps are you taking now? and I mean right now.
I’m currently reading Unscripted , and selling condoms to my friends. I’m buying a small package for 2,50$. there are 3 condoms in it I sell each one for 1$ and make 0,50$ profit from it. I tried to sell protein bars before that. Wasn’t so successful.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I’m currently reading Unscripted , and selling condoms to my friends. I’m buying a small package for 2,50$. there are 3 condoms in it I sell each one for 1$ and make 0,50$ profit from it. I tried to sell protein bars before that. Wasn’t so successful.
I have a question: where or when did you see the need for selling condoms? Just curious.

Because businesses dont just poof into existance - they come from a need.

Heres a case study; I sold sweets in highschool to my classmates. This idea didnt just poof into existance, I had friends complain about it. Whining & Complaining = "Solve my problem". You may want to look at the CENTS model for some revision, at the time I set up a couple things to make my business hard to replicate.

Control:
This is probably the weakest out of them all, I had to sell on school grounds. If I got caught I was done for.

Entry:
Yes people could get sweets in, but could they be bothered to lug a bag to & from school, carry it about all day, then go pick up more stock in town after school? Nah. If I had a convience store next to the school I wouldn't bother.

Need:
People complained, I listened. When people handed money to me, they were convinced that I was offering great value.

Time:
I couldnt do tonnes of sales in a day, but If I had employees, then I'd make a lot. Never went through with this because I had no doubt people would steal from me.

Scale:
Again, didnt trust other kids to not steal from me.

Why have I done all of this? Because I bet there are opportunities that people are complaining about that you could solve. Turn on that problem antenna & I'm sure you could start expanding your range from just selling condoms. How can I benefit the customer?

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
To be honest I don’t buy the condoms to sell them. I buy them for myself but my friends are shy enough
I have a question: where or when did you see the need for selling condoms? Just curious.

Because businesses dont just poof into existance - they come from a need.

Heres a case study; I sold sweets in highschool to my classmates. This idea didnt just poof into existance, I had friends complain about it. Whining & Complaining = "Solve my problem". You may want to look at the CENTS model for some revision, at the time I set up a couple things to make my business hard to replicate.

Control:
This is probably the weakest out of them all, I had to sell on school grounds. If I got caught I was done for.

Entry:
Yes people could get sweets in, but could they be bothered to lug a bag to & from school, carry it about all day, then go pick up more stock in town after school? Nah. If I had a convience store next to the school I wouldn't bother.

Need:
People complained, I listened. When people handed money to me, they were convinced that I was offering great value.

Time:
I couldnt do tonnes of sales in a day, but If I had employees, then I'd make a lot. Never went through with this because I had no doubt people would steal from me.

Scale:
Again, didnt trust other kids to not steal from me.

Why have I done all of this? Because I bet there are opportunities that people are complaining about that you could solve. Turn on that problem antenna & I'm sure you could start expanding your range from just selling condoms. How can I benefit the customer?
Because that’s what they need. Most of them are too shy to go to the pharmacy and ask for condoms. And I’m the solution to their problem, I go in there and buy condoms for them. And they pay me extra money. I know this is a ridiculous “business” tho I don’t see it as a business. I plan on making bigger moves such as selling fitness programs and stuff, but I’m currently working on it trying to find a purpose, trying to find a “need”.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Ah understandable, but yeah just push it through this model. It's ok if it doesnt meet all of them, but just be aware of it.

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
Ah understandable, but yeah just push it through this model. It's ok if it doesnt meet all of them, but just be aware of it.
Yeah man, thanks for the advice. What do you do for a living?

Leech

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2022
Germany
I kinda laughed when i read you are selling condoms, but thats kinda genius. Many young guys dont have the balls to go into a pharmacy Store to go buy condoms because they think they are being judged.

Okay.

1 Million $ Idea

Putting up dispensers selling condoms and female Hygene Products.

Now go buy your V8.

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
I kinda laughed when i read you are selling condoms, but thats kinda genius. Many young guys dont have the balls to go into a pharmacy Store to go buy condoms because they think they are being judged.

Okay.

1 Million $ Idea

Now go buy your V8.
Man I saw those dispensers around, and it’s so genius. I live in a remote are in Bulgaria where we don’t have those kinda dispensers and I can put some around those remote towns. Thanks for the advice man. Really appreciate that. One day my V8 will be howling thru my town.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

This is golden. I take these machines for granted but you could certainly do something with this. I think that the female hygiene products are a bit more attractive for a business since its very much needed. Just restocking them might be a little hard.

Leech

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2022
Germany
This is golden. I take these machines for granted but you could certainly do something with this. I think that the female hygiene products are a bit more attractive for a business since its very much needed. Just restocking them might be a little hard.
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome

Or Build a System you can automate.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Build a System you can automate.
To be honest, just thought about this, but you could not only put it in one school, but multiple schools. Maybe even local sports centers and the like.

You could go to the school, ask them if you could trial an idea & if it works, you pay them a portion of the profits. You get other kids to restock it, keep it topped up & to collect the money. With those proceeds you pay off the borrowed money & then you have a business that is producing consistent cashflow. With the money, keep buying more dispensers and placing them in strategic locations.

Only hard bit is just getting the money in the first place & it might be hard to convince the school to bolt in a dispenser.

Risks:
Control - The school could just delete you, after all they own the wall you're putting it on
Robbery - could have it ransacked. Just make sure that the dispenser is secure.
Vandolism - Not sure if this is such a big risk, it doesn't matter what it looks like aslong as the dispenser works.

Leech

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2022
Germany
To be honest, just thought about this, but you could not only put it in one school, but multiple schools. Maybe even local sports centers and the like.

You could go to the school, ask them if you could trial an idea & if it works, you pay them a portion of the profits. You get other kids to restock it, keep it topped up & to collect the money. With those proceeds you pay off the borrowed money & then you have a business that is producing consistent cashflow. With the money, keep buying more dispensers and placing them in strategic locations.

Only hard bit is just getting the money in the first place & it might be hard to convince the school to bolt in a dispenser.

Risks:
Control - The school could just delete you, after all they own the wall you're putting it on
Robbery - could have it ransacked. Just make sure that the dispenser is secure.
Vandolism - Not sure if this is such a big risk, it doesn't matter what it looks like aslong as the dispenser works.
Think smarter. Put it next the school.

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
Think smarter. Put it next the school.
Guys, I think ima try this dispenser stuff. I’ve looked at the prices and stuff. And the only thing I need to do is now find a location for that dispenser. We have a snacks dispenser next to our school and that shit is literally money printer. Every break atleast 15-20 kids go and buy snacks from it.

Leech

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 5, 2022
Germany
Guys, I think ima try this dispenser stuff. I’ve looked at the prices and stuff. And the only thing I need to do is now find a location for that dispenser. We have a snacks dispenser next to our school and that shit is literally money printer. Every break atleast 15-20 kids go and buy snacks from it.
No more talking, no more thinking. Do IT Get out There

BenNobelius

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 18, 2022
Melbourne, Australia
Why not buy a bigger packet for less per unit and scale up the profit??

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
We only have small packages here.
Nah think about a bulk supplier. Don't buy them nearby, ask a bulk manufacturer. Something along the lines of "Hi there, I'm looking to buy some bulk tampons - what would be your costs for 100/200/500/1000. Figure out per units.

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
I am impressed from a 16 yrs old talking about personal development, reading a book like TMF , thinking the way to sell and scale. Not a common perk in the gen-z. Keep going on this track and you'll go far my friend, really far! I wish you all the best in your journey!

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I am impressed from a 16 yrs old talking about personal development, reading a book like TMF , thinking the way to sell and scale. Not a common perk in the gen-z. Keep going on this track and you'll go far my friend, really far! I wish you all the best in your journey!

You'd be surprised, theres quite a few people I know that are doing this sort of stuff, but they're not many.

Have you been doing entrepreneurship for a while?

Owknn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 25, 2022
Thanks man, I wanna hear your advice too.

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
You'd be surprised, theres quite a few people I know that are doing this sort of stuff, but they're not many.

Have you been doing entrepreneurship for a while?
No, actually. I am not into it, yet, since I do not have my product/service ready to go. I had my FTE, multiple actually. Currently developing a specific skillset that gives me the tools to then put in place what I have prototyped, simultaneously to mindset improvement, which I tend to believe it's the toughest process to get through.

I was cheering at his great attitude. I believe there are smart kids as there always been, but generally speaking I wouldn't expect it since gen-z grow in a great comfort zone, which can be a hard wall to put down when it comes to engage this type of path.

He's doing good. Rubber thing included

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
Thanks man, I wanna hear your advice too.
All I can tell you is keep going the way you are going, and engage with the many seasoned and experienced entrepreneurs of this forum.
You'll make mistakes and fail. That's fine. Don't quit. If it were easy, everyone would do it.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
No, actually. I am not into it, yet, since I do not have my product/service ready to go. I had my FTE, multiple actually. Currently developing a specific skillset that gives me the tools to then put in place what I have prototyped, simultaneously to mindset improvement, which I tend to believe it's the toughest process to get through.

I was cheering at his great attitude. I believe there are smart kids as there always been, but generally speaking I wouldn't expect it since gen-z grow in a great comfort zone, which can be a hard wall to put down when it comes to engage this type of path.

He's doing good. Rubber thing included
I'm cheering for it too - I got into this stuff properly when I was eighteen, about three years ago. I thought I was young, but its going further and further back because of the internet.

And yes you are right, theres a lot of comfort but theres also alot of victimising. You may have seen it, the amount of excuses & complaining is immense.

Whats the specific skillset? Don't mean to be nosy, just interested!

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
I'm cheering for it too - I got into this stuff properly when I was eighteen, about three years ago. I thought I was young, but its going further and further back because of the internet.

And yes you are right, theres a lot of comfort but theres also alot of victimising. You may have seen it, the amount of excuses & complaining is immense.

Whats the specific skillset? Don't mean to be nosy, just interested!
Web development. I am currently a junior (despite the not junior age). Previously I was a coffee roaster.
How about you?

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Web development. I am currently a junior (despite the not junior age). Previously I was a coffee roaster.
How about you?
I'm studying chemistry as an undergraduate, but I'm likely going to move into sales/marketing. The underlying theme is enterprising though, couldn't live without it.

Oh so you're going back to university then? And how come the change from being a coffee roaster?

AnNvr

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Apr 5, 2021
Australia
I'm studying chemistry as an undergraduate, but I'm likely going to move into sales/marketing. The underlying theme is enterprising though, couldn't live without it.

Oh so you're going back to university then? And how come the change from being a coffee roaster?
Serious questions arise here. I might DM you since we are going out of topic in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...