The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My FTE moment

Anything related to matters of the mind

scham043

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 17, 2021
I just started reading MJ's second book Unscripted after not long finishing TMFL. I just wanted to say to MJ I'm still here, lol. After reading the part about how many members fall off the face of the entrepreneurial earth after posting their intro on this forum I waned to assure you I'm not going to be one of them.

My FTE I believe happen during the summer of 2019, after investing both my time (7 yrs) and my life savings into a scripted life(my job) that I no longer wanted to live I came to a clear realization that scared the crap out of me. I had an awakening by simply observing the life of the owner who was grooming me to take over his spot while he finally takes his foot off the gas pedal. The problem was he was not living the dream that I perceived it would be by owning a gym something I thought I would love. I observed that he was burnt out, he was always stressed, he was rarely home with his family for dinner, putting in long days at the studio and of course he expects the same from his manager(sucker that's me). Both of us were always on pins and needles whenever a staff member called in sick or couldn't make it in due to a snow storm. As his minority partner(3% woo-hoo!) and main manager, I already got a nasty taste of dealing with staff's personal scheduling conflicts and desire to have long weekends off with less than 2 days notice. This was left for me to figure it out and get it covered or FEAR losing another good trainer who our clients adored. Guess who ended up covering them most of the time? My main responsibility was managing the schedules, which had just enough hours to keep the full time trainers from leaving while trying to balance the remaining hours to keep the part-timers on board to mainly work the undesired classes the main trainers didn't want to work. Outside of my main responsibilities of scheduling and training new staff, I was a just glorified head trainer working 60 hrs a week willing to put in more time if need be because I had a little skin in the game so to speak. The dream life that the owner (seeder) was selling was really a nightmare that I didn't want any part of.

I guess it really hit me sometime after my trip to Europe that summer where literally after a couple of weeks of being plugged back into the Scripted life or the Matrix as I like to refer to it, those vacation memories and that feeling of temporary freedom seems like it was decades ago. I was back in full swing putting out fires and trying to reshuffle the schedule after another trainer quit to go back to school or to become a Fitnesspreneurs with no sense business after successfully stealing some of our clients away (just part of the fitness business). This is when I decided to research one of the "passive" (real not so passive at least not at first) income streams that I had previously spent weeks and weeks watching on YouTube. I made the decision that I will no longer be on this path of a nightmare life no matter how much one dresses it up and put lipstick on it. I enrolled into a legit Ecom course (Dan Vas) and I am now weeks away from launching my first product. I have had a bumpy road getting to this point so far and I know there will be many more that I will overcome but I have swallowed the red pill and there is not turning back now. And thanks to this forum and this new read Unscripted I am confident that my nightmare will transform into a Unscripted beautiful dream of HAPPINESS, FINACIAL FREEDOM AND LOTS OF TRAVEL. And if there's a few nice toys mixed in there too then that's a bonus.

Thanks MJ for this wonderful insight and blueprint to my destiny

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I guess it really hit me sometime after my trip to Europe that summer where literally after a couple of weeks of being plugged back into the Scripted life or the Matrix as I like to refer to it, those vacation memories and that feeling of temporary freedom seems like it was decades ago.
I felt that. I know exactly how it feels.
Looking forward to seeing your ecom launch! Good luck

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the red-pill. :)

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Looking forward to learning of your success.

scham043

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 17, 2021
I felt that. I know exactly how it feels.
Looking forward to seeing your ecom launch! Good luck
Thanks man, I'll be facing live bullets in a few weeks

swerving2sucess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 6, 2021
I just started reading MJ's second book Unscripted after not long finishing TMFL. I just wanted to say to MJ I'm still here, lol. After reading the part about how many members fall off the face of the entrepreneurial earth after posting their intro on this forum I waned to assure you I'm not going to be one of them.

My FTE I believe happen during the summer of 2019, after investing both my time (7 yrs) and my life savings into a scripted life(my job) that I no longer wanted to live I came to a clear realization that scared the crap out of me. I had an awakening by simply observing the life of the owner who was grooming me to take over his spot while he finally takes his foot off the gas pedal. The problem was he was not living the dream that I perceived it would be by owning a gym something I thought I would love. I observed that he was burnt out, he was always stressed, he was rarely home with his family for dinner, putting in long days at the studio and of course he expects the same from his manager(sucker that's me). Both of us were always on pins and needles whenever a staff member called in sick or couldn't make it in due to a snow storm. As his minority partner(3% woo-hoo!) and main manager, I already got a nasty taste of dealing with staff's personal scheduling conflicts and desire to have long weekends off with less than 2 days notice. This was left for me to figure it out and get it covered or FEAR losing another good trainer who our clients adored. Guess who ended up covering them most of the time? My main responsibility was managing the schedules, which had just enough hours to keep the full time trainers from leaving while trying to balance the remaining hours to keep the part-timers on board to mainly work the undesired classes the main trainers didn't want to work. Outside of my main responsibilities of scheduling and training new staff, I was a just glorified head trainer working 60 hrs a week willing to put in more time if need be because I had a little skin in the game so to speak. The dream life that the owner (seeder) was selling was really a nightmare that I didn't want any part of.

I guess it really hit me sometime after my trip to Europe that summer where literally after a couple of weeks of being plugged back into the Scripted life or the Matrix as I like to refer to it, those vacation memories and that feeling of temporary freedom seems like it was decades ago. I was back in full swing putting out fires and trying to reshuffle the schedule after another trainer quit to go back to school or to become a Fitnesspreneurs with no sense business after successfully stealing some of our clients away (just part of the fitness business). This is when I decided to research one of the "passive" (real not so passive at least not at first) income streams that I had previously spent weeks and weeks watching on YouTube. I made the decision that I will no longer be on this path of a nightmare life no matter how much one dresses it up and put lipstick on it. I enrolled into a legit Ecom course (Dan Vas) and I am now weeks away from launching my first product. I have had a bumpy road getting to this point so far and I know there will be many more that I will overcome but I have swallowed the red pill and there is not turning back now. And thanks to this forum and this new read Unscripted I am confident that my nightmare will transform into a Unscripted beautiful dream of HAPPINESS, FINACIAL FREEDOM AND LOTS OF TRAVEL. And if there's a few nice toys mixed in there too then that's a bonus.

Thanks MJ for this wonderful insight and blueprint to my destiny
I perfectly understand what you say and feel. I really hope your project can end up being a massive success!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.