Yay! I finally get to start my own Fastlane startup thread! After reading so many of them I couldn't wait until I could actually make my own.
So I'll start with how I thought of my idea, and go from there.
Services, Problems, Bathrooms
When I first read TMF , I was really hit by the part where it talked about a business that gathers lightning data and sells it to insurance companies. It was like a "TADA!" moment for me. It seemed such a simple, but creative concept, that I decided right there to try to find a service business opportunity like that. So I looked back at all the problems and inconveniences that I had experienced recently. It took me a while before I remembered that earlier in the week I had to change the soap in the bathroom. I don't know why but it was so annoying to have to do it. As I thought about this, I started to scratch my hands. They were so dry, the skin was flaking off. Right then and there, ThinkSoap was born.
ThinkSoap
Basically, ThinkSoap is an online store/service that lets customers just buy natural, handmade soap, or they can sign up for our soap service. With our soap service, you pick a certain time (for ex. every month) at which your soap will be finished and we will send you soap at those times. Also you pick how many soap bars you want and the soap types. The soap that we will sell is made with natural aloes and shea butter, to help you skin stay soft and hydrated. And by using soap bars instead of liquid, you can save money as people tend to use too much liquid soap.
Plans
The market I am initially going to target is B&Bs, since MJ said that B to B is the best way to go. I still have to plan out how I am going to market this, some of my thoughts are to start cold calling. Any thoughts on how I could market?
Once I have a sizable core of customers, I think I will branch out and target other small markets like people in the country that don't like having to go to the store. As for now, its building the website and learning about everything I will need.
Here is the link to the launching page of my website: http://thinksoap.com/
Comments and Feedback are appreciated!
So I'll start with how I thought of my idea, and go from there.
Services, Problems, Bathrooms
When I first read TMF , I was really hit by the part where it talked about a business that gathers lightning data and sells it to insurance companies. It was like a "TADA!" moment for me. It seemed such a simple, but creative concept, that I decided right there to try to find a service business opportunity like that. So I looked back at all the problems and inconveniences that I had experienced recently. It took me a while before I remembered that earlier in the week I had to change the soap in the bathroom. I don't know why but it was so annoying to have to do it. As I thought about this, I started to scratch my hands. They were so dry, the skin was flaking off. Right then and there, ThinkSoap was born.
ThinkSoap
Basically, ThinkSoap is an online store/service that lets customers just buy natural, handmade soap, or they can sign up for our soap service. With our soap service, you pick a certain time (for ex. every month) at which your soap will be finished and we will send you soap at those times. Also you pick how many soap bars you want and the soap types. The soap that we will sell is made with natural aloes and shea butter, to help you skin stay soft and hydrated. And by using soap bars instead of liquid, you can save money as people tend to use too much liquid soap.
Plans
The market I am initially going to target is B&Bs, since MJ said that B to B is the best way to go. I still have to plan out how I am going to market this, some of my thoughts are to start cold calling. Any thoughts on how I could market?
Once I have a sizable core of customers, I think I will branch out and target other small markets like people in the country that don't like having to go to the store. As for now, its building the website and learning about everything I will need.
Here is the link to the launching page of my website: http://thinksoap.com/
Comments and Feedback are appreciated!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
