The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Experience with Modafinil

Greystone

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 14, 2012
France
Note: This thread is only intended for those who are interested in taking Modafinil and get better. The 18 years old so-called entrepreneurs with no life experience who judge people at the speed of light DO NOT post stupid comments like "man, this is risky, you are responsible of your life, you made the wrong choice" and all that kind of shit. Just shut up and grow up.

2 days ago, I tried for the first time in my life, the "NZT-48" drug: Modafinil.
Let me share with you my experience.

I ordered from the Modafinilcat website. I had no patience this time to go to my local doctor to hear once again: "You are in perfect shape. Take a glass of wine a day and that''ll do it". F*ck you.

I went picking up the parcel at the local post office and went straight to work. I parked my car and opened the parcel.

To start off, I had decided to buy their sample order consisting of one table of modafinil and one table of adrafinil. I started with 100 mg (half a pill) of moda, as I had never tried it before and the pills came from a foreign pharmacy. No need to say I was nervous as hell in my car when I swallowed the halved pill before heading to my workplace (Nice Aiport, France).

I didn't really feel anything initially, except a weird feeling which was probably due to my nervousness.
Later, throughout the day, I noticed I was not nervous and angry as usual. The difference was not incredible, but I definitely had more motivation and less anger in me.

I went on the internet to read a few articles from the blogs I like (Bold and determined for instance) and the focus was real good. I could read lines after lines without being disrupted by some useless thoughts.

Normally, when I read, it's so hard for me to focus that I always have to read the paragraphs twice to fully understand them.

This time, with modafinil in my blood, I could just read whithout stopping or rereading. No brain fog in my head.

At some point in the day, I found myself talking to a colleague of mine sitting next to me. Again, I could listen to him with no trouble. It was easier than usual and I wanted to communicate.

But the most noticeable effect I noticed this first day of trial actually happened in the evening. I had taken the pill at around 10 am and I never thought the effects would last for so long.

I went to bed to read "The art of the deal" from Trump. Again, the focus was insane. I read pages after pages without a single stop, and without having to think about the meaning of the sentence. This was great. I had no hard feeling in my guts. I fell asleep pretty fast but woke up at around 4 am. This was pretty shitty and it's the only nasty side effects I have noticed so far.

The next morning, I took my magic pill again (what did you think?).

200 mg this time.

I started work at 7.30 am. Usually, even when I've had a good recovering night before, I just feel like a HUGE piece of shit at this time of the day. Not that I like to wake up late (I hate that). No. It's because I have to communicate with my colleagues and clients at work, to joke and to gossip about nosense. And for some reason, I HATE it. Especially with stupids.

So I went to work, "hi everyone, how are you doing working your stupid job? Yeah you're talking to me, but I'm not even listening" (I didn't say it) and ... nothing. I felt like shit, as usual. No more motivation to talk. BUT, it was just too soon after I took the pill (30 minutes or so). So, I waited a little bit longer.

I went to my counter to open it, and as there was no client this morning, I just spent my whole time on the internet, reading useful articles for the side business i'm currently launching.

And this is when I started to feel the effects of the 200mg Modafinil loading in my brain (no more than an hour after I took the pill).

THIS time, It was insane. I just read for 5 hours straight without having to stop. It didn't take me any particular effort to focus. I didn't have to struggle to understand what I was reading. It was just natural to focus. That was awesome.

I read pages after pages of internet content related to my business. I didn't have to force myself. It is LIFE CHANGING to me, as I usually have severe attention disorders.

In total, I spent my 7 hour work session reading articles after articles. I just took 2 short breaks this morning, mainly because of colleagues disrupting me.

I went back home at 3 pm, and started my new day: working on my internet business.

The focus was still incredible, and I worked till the evening. It was so nice. I was obsessed with the article I was writing. I didn't care about time. I just cared about writing. It was easy, no pain in the brain. I had never felt that way before.

The best way for me to sum it up is to say that I have no distractions when I'm on Modafinil, and therefore i'm just 100% focused on what i'm doing.

Again, I noticed the effects lasted long after I took the pill (I took it at 6.45 am this day) and I could still feel the effects on my focus at 10pm. I watched a few videos on youtube talking about politics, and i was absorbing every word without struggle.

That's it guys, i've tried it 2 days in a row and the effects where great so far. It's not as NZT48 in the movie "Limitless", but you definitely want to work and get things done.

That's a good product that i will use again for sure. Not everyday, but on the days i feel like I need it.
It's especially useful for guys like me who have lots of focus and motivation related problems. Modafinil fixes it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Random_0

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 4, 2016
Something i've been looking at trying for a long time, does using it feel at all unhealthy?

Compared to other stimulants, do you get mentally burned out after a bit (especially taking for multiple days in a row)? Do you wake up after a day on modafanil like "I can't believe I said that..." feeling?

Tim Ferriss said on a video once something along the lines of there's no such thing as a free lunch. What's your opinion on taking it daily?

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
So... I will put in my $.02. I am speaking solely on the science and clinical information here. There have been some serious cardiovascular side effects reported as well as multi organ hypertension. There is risk taking this. 1 person has died as a result of taking this medication (which is strange that it hasn't been pulled in the US)

Also, for those considering this, in the US it is a schedule 4 controlled substance. Doing what Greystone did in the United States is very illegal. It is no different, legally speaking, than trying to buy narcotics online.

LeJamesBron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 5, 2016
Make sure you are careful as regular use can quickly cause dependence. It's recommended that you stick to two times a week. And if you have any history of opiate dependence stay far away as it is shown to reawaken addiction desires. As long as you keep all the downsides in mind, it can be a great tool.

Random_0

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Aug 4, 2016
Make sure you are careful as regular use can quickly cause dependence. It's recommended that you stick to two times a week. And if you have any history of opiate dependence stay far away as it is shown to reawaken addiction desires. As long as you keep all the downsides in mind, it can be a great tool.

This is what I think seems pretty obvious but every testimonial i've seen has been "this is totally not addictive". How can something with obvious (short term) benefits not be harmful? It's like saying weed isn't addictive, yet dependency is pretty obvious in a huge amount of people.

I drink about 50 cups of tea a day and can't see myself stopping even that! let alone a drug that'd make me seriously productive.

"man, this is risky, you are responsible of your life, you made the wrong choice" and all that kind of shit. Just shut up and grow up.

Is it really that unreasonable to point out the drawbacks of using a psychoactive drug as a shortcut for motivation and productivity?

EDIT: I only wanted to try it recreationally

Last edited:

Greystone

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 14, 2012
France
Something i've been looking at trying for a long time, does using it feel at all unhealthy?

Compared to other stimulants, do you get mentally burned out after a bit (especially taking for multiple days in a row)? Do you wake up after a day on modafanil like "I can't believe I said that..." feeling?

Tim Ferriss said on a video once something along the lines of there's no such thing as a free lunch. What's your opinion on taking it daily?

This is a drug, so just like the massive amounts of alcohol, pain killers, sugar, caffeine and all the shit that one might consume every year, yes it does no good to your body. If you take too much.

That being said, i'm totally ok with that. I don't want to take moda on an everyday basis. As said before, twice a week is fine, but no more. I would say "occasionaly" is even better. If you have hard work expecting you or a particular event is coming up and you feel like you'll need an increase in focus and attention to not mess up, take it then. Only on the days you really need it.

I can't say if you get mentally burned out if you take too much of it on a long period. I would say yes, as it awakes your body and your nervous system. Also, you might get some sleep disorders.

You don't wake up the next morning thinking "oh my god, what did I do". It's nothing to do with alcohol for instance. You are in full control of your thoughts and you just feel as normal. The only things that change, from what I've experienced so far, are focus and will to work. Otherwise, you're still the same person.

lucasmello

Business Bear Means Business
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jun 25, 2014
Tried moda and basically all other "famous" nootropics out there.

I haven't found modafinil addictive, nor anything that corrobates that. What I have found, like weed, is a psychological dependency where people "claim" they can't work without it.

Personally, I find it to be heavy. Modafinil's HALF-LIFE is 15 hours. That means your sleep will probably have a really low quality, which is bad on its own. I only use modafinil when the workload is too heavy that I know I can get so much done in X time and then basically hibernate while my body returns to normal.

Also, based on all the hype, I would say modafinil is only half as effective as other nootropics, on a productivity basis.

MrShah

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Jul 10, 2014
I WAS introduced to modafinil back in 2014 while reading bart bagget's success secrets of the rich and happy book. Well, i must say i was more focused while working out at the gym. I liked it back then and as greystone said it rightly will do it again on the days when you really need to

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Tried moda and basically all other "famous" nootropics out there.

I haven't found modafinil addictive, nor anything that corrobates that. What I have found, like weed, is a psychological dependency where people "claim" they can't work without it.

Personally, I find it to be heavy. Modafinil's HALF-LIFE is 15 hours. That means your sleep will probably have a really low quality, which is bad on its own. I only use modafinil when the workload is too heavy that I know I can get so much done in X time and then basically hibernate while my body returns to normal.

Also, based on all the hype, I would say modafinil is only half as effective as other nootropics, on a productivity basis.

Could you explain a little more about that?

lucasmello

Business Bear Means Business
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jun 25, 2014
Could you explain a little more about that?

Of course.

Modafinil is great, but it is only a short-term solution. Modafinil is great on the beginning phase of a project, where you have the most workload, but after that initial workload you don't really need that much "concentrated power", what you need is a daily boost to handle the amount of stuff you work on. Therefore, for the long-term a dosage of daily nootropics is more in our interest. Nootropics such as piracetam, oxiracetam, noopept, etc serve that purpose.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Of course.

Modafinil is great, but it is only a short-term solution. Modafinil is great on the beginning phase of a project, where you have the most workload, but after that initial workload you don't really need that much "concentrated power", what you need is a daily boost to handle the amount of stuff you work on. Therefore, for the long-term a dosage of daily nootropics is more in our interest. Nootropics such as piracetam, oxiracetam, noopept, etc serve that purpose.
Thanks for the reply. Oh yeah, that's for sure! By reading your username, I'm pressuposing you are brazilian, like me. And, If that's true, I suppose that you know Andre Zuccaro and his work, am I right? :p

AlexCph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 24, 2016
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Thanks for the reply. Oh yeah, that's for sure! By reading your username, I'm pressuposing you are brazilian, like me. And, If that's true, I suppose that you know Andre Zuccaro and his work, am I right? :p
Have you tried adderall? It's modafinil on steroids. I take it every day and it keeps me very motivated to get stuff done. I used to procrastinate a ton. In a week I've gone through all the GOLD threads on this forum.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Have you tried adderall? It's modafinil on steroids. I take it every day and it keeps me very motivated to get stuff done. I used to procrastinate a ton. In a week I've gone through all the GOLD threads on this forum.
Gonna check it out. Does it have stronger downsides than Modafinil?

locinj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Aug 23, 2016

Be very careful with Adderall. It's pretty addictive stuff and amphetamine withdrawal is tough.

I've dabbled with Pseudoephedrine in the past as you can find it in over the counter Cold 'n Flu tablets. It's an ingredient used in the production of methamphetamine. You've to take 4-5 to really feel the affects, but it's similar to what OP described with clear focus, etc. It's also a great appetite suppressant.

AlexCph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 24, 2016
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Yea I gotta say. Research it before you do it. I dont easily get addicted to stimulants, so its easy for me to use it for work. I never use it recreationally but sometimes people do it recreationally as it gives you a bit of a high if you take 60mg+.

I usually take 20mg extended release and am quite productive throughout the day.

Greystone

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Oct 14, 2012
France
Yeah, another side effect I forgot to mention: suppression of hunger. I didn't eat anything for dinner which is very (very) unusual for me.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Short term solution for long term cost. Is it worth it? The ultimate marshmallow test.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Ok yeah... This thread is going way down the drain. Are we seriously advocating illegal drug use now? Aderal.. Really? Yeah bro just take some amphetamine, you'll be fine! Oh man, totes took like 6 Sudafed and I was so focused.

No. Just no. There are reasons these DRUGS are schedule 3 and 4 by the FDA. Drink some coffee, meditate, go to the gym. Find a way to not be distracted, but dabbling in controlled stimulants is a quick way to ruin your life.

@Vigilante am I out of line asking this thread be [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG] ? If I'm wrong I'll keep to myself.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
@Vigilante am I out of line asking this thread be [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG] ? If I'm wrong I'll keep to myself.
We are generally allowed to have opinions.
I agree with you, but I'm not sure that it's landfill.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
We are generally allowed to have opinions.
I agree with you, but I'm not sure that it's landfill.

That's why I ask. Just not sure where the line is drawn between opinion and advice on controlled drugs. I'll pop smoke on this thread and let y'all do your thing.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
That's why I ask. Just not sure where the line is drawn between opinion and advice on controlled drugs. I'll pop smoke on this thread and let y'all do your thing.
I'm not a mod.
I know they're watching though. A couple of them watch my every move. :)

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Don't knock it till you try it

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Jeez, what ever happened to good ole fashioned cocaine?

Never mind all these fancy new drugs with their big names and scary side effects, just roll me up a bill and pull out the yayo.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Coded almost nonstop for the last 3-4 hours after hours at my day job, 3:40 am at the moment.

My "Secret"
HUNGER SATIATED
BOWELS EMPTIED
COLD BREW DUNKING DONUTS - BLACK
MUSIC FROM THIS CHANNEL - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAepXw94EhaO0CZV9f5D3fQ

p.s.
I don't like to code.

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There are reasons these DRUGS are schedule 3 and 4 by the FDA.

The FDA schedule is not a reasonable or responsible way to determine how dangerous a drug is. Nor is the legality of a drug in any way an indicator of how harmful it is. Even the word "drug" is relatively useless. I won't get into specific examples but the smallest modicum of research will result in a million examples of why I say this.

Bottom line for me is this: You are responsible for your own body. Nobody else. It doesn't matter if a doctor is prescribing something to you or you are buying something off the shelf, off the street, or online - it is YOUR responsibility to understand what you are doing and to accept the risks involved. I've seen far too many people in my life who have taken drugs both legally and illegally who have zero idea of what they are putting in their bodies. Ignorance of any substance you consume is irresponsible. It doesn't much matter if it's Alcohol or Tobbaco or Tylenol or Modafinil. Know your shit or you'll "assume" yourself into an early grave.

Personally - I found the OP's first-hand experience interesting and insightful despite not being something I would ever do myself. There is a growing trend it seems of "smart drugs" and "biohacking" out there. Dave Asprey comes to mind specifically as one of the more prominent proponents. Perhaps Tim Ferris as well to a smaller extent with regards to how substances (not necessarily drugs per se) affect our bodies.

I think that if these drugs and this trend is going to start creeping into the entrepreneurial collective the response should be focused on facts and experiences and open discussion rather than the dismissive and useless "drugs are bad" or "drugs are good" approach which helps nobody understand anything.

(To be 100% perfectly clear, I'm neither condoning nor condemning this stuff - I'm merely advocating open discussion and personal responsibility).

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
The FDA schedule is not a reasonable or responsible way to determine how dangerous a drug is. Nor is the legality of a drug in any way an indicator of how harmful it is. Even the word "drug" is relatively useless. I won't get into specific examples but the smallest modicum of research will result in a million examples of why I say this.

Bottom line for me is this: You are responsible for your own body. Nobody else. It doesn't matter if a doctor is prescribing something to you or you are buying something off the shelf, off the street, or online - it is YOUR responsibility to understand what you are doing and to accept the risks involved. I've seen far too many people in my life who have taken drugs both legally and illegally who have zero idea of what they are putting in their bodies. Ignorance of any substance you consume is irresponsible. It doesn't much matter if it's Alcohol or Tobbaco or Tylenol or Modafinil. Know your shit or you'll "assume" yourself into an early grave.

Personally - I found the OP's first-hand experience interesting and insightful despite not being something I would ever do myself. There is a growing trend it seems of "smart drugs" and "biohacking" out there. Dave Asprey comes to mind specifically as one of the more prominent proponents. Perhaps Tim Ferris as well to a smaller extent with regards to how substances (not necessarily drugs per se) affect our bodies.

I think that if these drugs and this trend is going to start creeping into the entrepreneurial collective the response should be focused on facts and experiences and open discussion rather than the dismissive and useless "drugs are bad" or "drugs are good" approach which helps nobody understand anything.

(To be 100% perfectly clear, I'm neither condoning nor condemning this stuff - I'm merely advocating open discussion and personal responsibility).

I agree 100%. What I am trying to point out is that if you live in the US, and you try to obtain this substance without an Rx, it is illegal. People need to be aware that just because you purchase it online does not mean you cannot go to jail for it.

Personally, the life I've built for myself and my ambitions are greater than wanting an edge from a smart drug. That's the point I'm trying to make by my last statement.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
The FDA schedule is not a reasonable or responsible way to determine how dangerous a drug is. Nor is the legality of a drug in any way an indicator of how harmful it is.

Came here to say this.

What I am trying to point out is that if you live in the US, and you try to obtain this substance without an Rx, it is illegal.

Have you ever exceeded the speed limit in your car on the way to your destination? Or perhaps had a beverage that contained alcohol before getting behind the wheel of a car? The point is, people do illegal things all day, many to no consequence. Please stop trying to use your "legality" argument as one of pure enlightenment for the masses & just be real: you don't like it & wouldn't do it/don't think others should. That's fine. Don't. But you're prohibiting an intelligent conversation for the people who want more information about it by harping on it. Point taken, we don't need to hear it again.

I've personally tried modafinil myself. It's not the first "schedule 1 in the US" drug that I've left the country to try & I'm sure it won't be the last. Yes, I take personal responsibility for my actions & the consequences.

My take on moda: it's not the ALL HOLY GRAIL WONDER DRUG that some people purport it is -at least not for me. I noticed very good wakefulness (was having trouble with energy levels & needed a crutch to get by to figure out the reasons). I also noticed, if you don't have a plan on what to do while on moda, you'll waste the day with some intense facebooking or instagramming. Same like in real life.

I found my dosing to be at 50mg/day, taken on an empty stomach in the morning with my 1L of water. It completely kills my appetite, so I have to make myself eat at regular intervals or I start feeling shitty. This was paramount to the experience for me. I dropped weight on this, more than I wanted, and started to feel... "off"... well duh, mother F*cker, your body needs food to function. So once I caught on to what was happening, I put some weight back on & function very well & even-keeled on the small daily dose. For me, it helps enable focus, wakefulness & has slight anti-depressive characteristics, which I'm all for. It messed with my sleep the first few nights (sleep was shallow) but I ramped down the dose & have been fine. I can stop taking it at any time, for days or weeks, & feel fine, no withdrawal symptoms to speak of.

Like anything in life, moda can be a tool or something you abuse. Be responsible for yourself & make smart decisions. Part of making smart decisions is research & testing. I'm all for it, be smart about it. Just like with aspirin & caffeine, it's all about not being a F*cking idiot but using something within it's useful dose to see if there are any benefits.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.