The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Amazon sales are down from 100s a day to 0.

A post of a ranting nature...

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
My Amazon sales have dropped to almost nothing. I'm still in the top 10 for quite a few of my search terms, but yesterday I had 7 sales and so far today I have 0. I had 60 sales on this day last year. Competition has increased so it makes sense for my sales to have come down, but something is wrong for them to have dropped this far. Is there something going on that I don't know about? Has anyone else had this problem, and figured out how to fix it?

October-January has always been my best time of the year, and this year it is my absolute worst time. The competition had already cut my sales down by about 30% throughout the year, but it was like I walked off the edge of a cliff all of a sudden when my prime season was supposed to be starting up. I appreciate any help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hard to tell on this end without a more complete picture. Do you still have the buy box? Has your listing been hijacked?

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Hard to tell on this end without a more complete picture. Do you still have the buy box? Has your listing been hijacked?
Yes, it's my own brand and it's trademarked to prevent anyone from stealing it. I can start an INSIDERS thread later with more info if I need to, but I was wondering if anyone else was having a similar problem. I just went through and made a bunch of changes this morning to keywords, price, advertising, etc... Hopefully some of it helps.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes, it's my own brand and it's trademarked to prevent anyone from stealing it.
That doesn't prevent someone from hijacking it. It's happened to me a few times.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Conversion rate is pretty similar it bounces between 20 and 50 % depending on the day, but my page views are down 60-80% depending on the day.

So basically, your product lost its ranking for your main keywords. Do you know what the main keywords driving traffic to your product was? It’s probably not what you think it was and for some other keywords you suddenly dropped off the map.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
So basically, your product lost its ranking for your main keywords. Do you know what the main keywords driving traffic to your product was? It’s probably not what you think it was and for some other keywords you suddenly dropped off the map.

I know what I thought most of my sales were coming from, but I guess I don't know for sure. I know that I've dropped off the map for the overall search category, but I never really ranked high in it before either. Is there somewhere in Amazon to get more info on my keywords? I've always used advertising to figure out keywords before.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
This happened to one of my products and its because I lost the buy box and wasnt realizing it. Sign up for Sentrykit to keep a look out and start combing through your keywords to see if a loss in ranking affected your performance in someway.

Would second bio on what your metrics are at this year over last.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I know that I've dropped off the map for the overall search category, but I never really ranked high in it before either.

Well shit, there's your answer. Page views are down because you aren't showing up on search.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Well shit, there's your answer. Page views are down because you aren't showing up on search.
Well that's not what I meant. I meant the broadest search term. I've always been ranked for niche search terms. I'll make an INSIDERS post about it later. I don't want to share all of my info on the outside.

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like it's not happening to everyone, but there are a lot of similar complaints on the Amazon seller forums.

Last edited:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Did you make the INSIDERS post? I clicked on your profile page and it says "This member limits who may view their full profile." Including a link here to your INSIDERS question might help get more answers.

Good luck @Unknown.

Amazon22

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 9, 2017
Australia
I switched to auto campaign a couple days ago. It seems to be improving things a bit. We'll see.

should always be running auto campaigns if the acos works...thats where you get all your buyer keywords, which then go through your listing making it highly relevant..and more sale

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Did you make the INSIDERS post? I clicked on your profile page and it says "This member limits who may view their full profile." Including a link here to your INSIDERS question might help get more answers.

Good luck @Unknown.

I did not. My changes seem to be having an effect, so I'm waiting to see what happens.

should always be running auto campaigns if the acos works...thats where you get all your buyer keywords, which then go through your listing making it highly relevant..and more sale

In the three years I've been on Amazon manual targeting has always netted me better results, so I've never used auto before.

--

I updated my pictures, re-worked my keywords, and turned on automatic advertising for now. I'm not back to 100% yet, but I'm moving back up the rankings. There's something strange going on with Amazon's algorithm. I've been in this category for three years now, and I've never had a drop like this before. I hope none of you have to deal with it.

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
A lot of people here are neglecting to mention one obvious thing. Competition increased hugely over the past year.

So yes, your KW rankings will be dropping. But why is that? Have you got a bunch of competition selling pretty much the same item, at a cheaper price, with more reviews than you?

Some of my top products really took a dent this year. Luckily I was able to negate that with some new products. The key is the keep on expanding while you're getting sales. If you stay stagnant you will take a quick decline in most of the mainstream products.

So what can you do here?

1) Start creating funnels and running paid ads to your Amz listing. Boost your conversion and KW rankings that way.
2) If you have a unique product, create funnels and build your sales off of Amazon
3) If you have enough cash flow, invest into 1 or 2 new products

If I were to launch anymore products, I certainly wouldn't sell anything under $50. It has to be something that's mildly complex, unique and tough for somebody new to source. Any and all simple <$20 widgets are flooded now so if you don't have a gazillion reviews, you'll be sucked dry by the masses.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
If your keyword research is good and your manual campaigns are set up well, it's very easy to figure out where most of the traffic is coming from.

Don't forget your search term report.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.