The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My 3 year transformation(video)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Gabriel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 19, 2014
I have question here, I am about 165 pounds 11% bodyfat, gonna cut to 8-9% bodyfat percent, then bulk... How much calories do you think I have to aim for? Last time, I over bulked from 150 lbs at 14% bodyfat, to 180 at like 17%.

Mark Anthony Le

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 29, 2011
NY, New York
I have question here, I am about 165 pounds 11% bodyfat, gonna cut to 8-9% bodyfat percent, then bulk... How much calories do you think I have to aim for? Last time, I over bulked from 150 lbs at 14% bodyfat, to 180 at like 17%.

What's your daily activities look like? How often do you workout? 1-10 how hard are your workouts? How much do you walk day to day? Etc.

The better detailed response, the better detailed answer.

edit: no thread derailment intended

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
^like my fellow miscer said

depends on your daily activity, how fast you'd like to lose fat and how much muscle you want to at least maintain. But as an estimate id say around 1.8-2k calories.

Gabriel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 19, 2014
What's your daily activities look like? How often do you workout? 1-10 how hard are your workouts? How much do you walk day to day? Etc.

The better detailed response, the better detailed answer.

edit: no thread derailment intended

The calories are for the bulking, I'll start on january.

I workout 4 times a week, I was 5/3/1 routine so most of them were pretty hard, but not on the cardio side, maybe 6-7? I walk like around 2 miles a day to go or come from collegue, I'll be at 160 pounds I guess when I start bulking again, I'm 18 yr old, 5'11.

Gabriel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 19, 2014
i think its more of a don't over do it, moderation is key. keep a moderate bodyfat %.

The thing is most people either overbulk or perma bulk. I think it's quite good in te beggining, until you get to 170-180 around 10% bodyfat you wanna be getting bigger and stronger fast, after you get closer to your natural limit, putting 5 lbs a month It will probably get you fat in no time.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
The thing is most people either overbulk or perma bulk. I think it's quite good in te beggining, until you get to 170-180 around 10% bodyfat you wanna be getting bigger and stronger fast, after you get closer to your natural limit, putting 5 lbs a month It will probably get you fat in no time.
id say 170-180lb average height is a great physique for a natural lifter. I only weighed about 185 in my transformation

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
Way to go! I'm 27lbs up, myself, but since I started in super skelly mode (6' 150lbs), I'm still DYEL af.

Now that you have 3 years of experience, do you have a better idea of who's roiding and who isn't? It seems like you go on messageboards and everyone is quick to accuse everyone else of roiding. (I ask because I personally can't make heads or tails of it when I'm looking for goal bodies.)

My personal take on it is that accusations happen so much because if these guys can tell themselves that everyone else is cheating, then there's no need for them to try harder.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
Way to go! I'm 27lbs up, myself, but since I started in super skelly mode (6' 150lbs), I'm still DYEL af.

Now that you have 3 years of experience, do you have a better idea of who's roiding and who isn't? It seems like you go on messageboards and everyone is quick to accuse everyone else of roiding.

My personal take on it is that if these guys can tell themselves that everyone else is cheating, then there's no need for them to try harder.
Dont worry about it, just keep progressing man. 27lbs is alot, be proud. Yeah I pretty much can tell who is or isnt roiding. there are just certain traits an unnatural physique has. But if a person is pumped you can create the illusion of being "unnatural"

G

GuestUser116

I'm naturally lean and never bulked. 6'3 175 lbs @ 8% bf So I'll run my first bulk for a month and see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011

Now that you have 3 years of experience, do you have a better idea of who's roiding and who isn't? It seems like you go on messageboards and everyone is quick to accuse everyone else of roiding. (I ask because I personally can't make heads or tails of it when I'm looking for goal bodies.)

My personal take on it is that accusations happen so much because if these guys can tell themselves that everyone else is cheating, then there's no need for them to try harder.
The thing about the internet is you have people from all over the world posting pics of themselves and their fantastic progress. Some people are genetically gifted and make you feel like shit about yourself by seeing their fast progress posted. Not everyone can bulk really fast, every body is different. Some people natty can bulk just as fast as another on gear. Others gain slow and consistently.

Sweet progress op, how tall are you and how much do those concrete weights weigh? Is that a homemade rack I spot too?

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
The thing about the internet is you have people from all over the world posting pics of themselves and their fantastic progress. Some people are genetically gifted and make you feel like shit about yourself by seeing their fast progress posted. Not everyone can bulk really fast, every body is different. Some people natty can bulk just as fast as another on gear. Others gain slow and consistently.

Sweet progress op, how tall are you and how much do those concrete weights weigh? Is that a homemade rack I spot too?

Thanks man, im 5ft10. the weights weigh ~21kg each. everything is home made haha. growing up didnt really have much money, that's why im here.

Toushi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Aug 3, 2013
I have 10 years of experience in martial arts and I can tell you the truth. Mostly everyone you see in magazines and most celebrities use steroids. There are many different kinds of performance enhancers. Read Victor Pride's take on steroids and natural bodybuilding. If the goal is REAL health, bodybuilding is likely not the best way to go. If the goal is aesthetics, then stick with bb'ing.

borntodominate

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2014
I have 10 years of experience in martial arts and I can tell you the truth. Mostly everyone you see in magazines and most celebrities use steroids. There are many different kinds of performance enhancers. Read Victor Pride's take on steroids and natural bodybuilding. If the goal is REAL health, bodybuilding is likely not the best way to go. If the goal is aesthetics, then stick with bb'ing.
This is true, but you can build a great body naturally. just dont expect to be 220lb of pure muscle

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Damn thought you might have been a manlet, swole for 5'10"!

Gabriel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 19, 2014

Yeah, actually it's pretty healthy bb'ing, you don't have to take roids to look good, actually roids will get you on the "disgusting" side for most girls out there.
Being 5'11, around 10-12% bodyfat being 185-190 lbs, Deadlifting 4 plates, Squating 3 plates and benching 2, it's quite easy. If in top of that, you go running you will have a healthy and sexy body, you can get there in 5 years.

By the way victor said he was about 200 lbs, but he is lean as F*ck, being 6'1.

Toushi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Aug 3, 2013
Yeah, actually it's pretty healthy bb'ing, you don't have to take roids to look good, actually roids will get you on the "disgusting" side for most girls out there.
If in top of that, you go running you will have a healthy and sexy body, you can get there in 5 years.

Not true, roids don't get anyone on the disgusting side, abuse of them does. Pro bodybuilders take upwards of 1gram of test (normal males produce roughly 7mg).

The promise of lies and rampant deception in the industry about what is and is not attainable naturally is akin to the same deception apropos of the slowlane lifestyle. To do things naturally is a long, long process with results coming in much slower than anything you'd find in magazines or tv. That's why I find transformation videos a tad disingenuous when they are not open about the roids they used to get there.

Anyways don't want to derail OP's thread just pointing it out for the people that may get caught up seeing the event and not the process.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.