The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My 1000th Post.. LOSE THE JOB, NOW!!!

Jack Turner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Nov 18, 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
Holy shit Jack, different circumstance but damn that hit home (combined with a few other things today)

Before I read this I was literally sitting here thinking, I've got nothing to lose and I...I just have to fight, I don't care how hard it is, I don't care what it takes. I don't care if it fails a thousand times i'll succeed or I will keep going. I need to give me and my people a life, not this sidewalk/slowlane idiotic bullshit. Not one of them thinks I can do it, but I don't even care anymore, I know what I need to do, I know how to do it, ive just been moaning about having no capital or other bullshit excuses. I don't care about the cost. 5 years from now I will have it. Period.

Screw it its time, Go hard or go home right, it's gonna be a long process but I don't care, until I have the life I want i'm not done.
This is how I imagine MJ was thinking on that freezing chicago day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Don't be that guy.. Lose the job, Fight to make it work.. and it will. Do it today.

Even though I've read this thread 100+ times, I want to thank you Jack for kick my a$$ a bit, with this quote. Even with all the obstacles I've tackled, I'm fighting to make it work.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Even though I've read this thread 100+ times, I want to thank you Jack for kick my a$$ a bit, with this quote. Even with all the obstacles I've tackled, I'm fighting to make it work.

Last seen November 21, 2014 right after he raised a bunch of money from forum members for a "cancer kid"

Doesn't make the OP less valuable though.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Last seen November 21, 2014 right after he raised a bunch of money from forum members for a "cancer kid"

Doesn't make the OP less valuable though.

True, not sure what happened with Jack if you can explain Vigilante, but I do respect the content in some of his post.

simonD32

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jul 13, 2016
Jack,

You're a hero.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Did people who donated get the 1-on-1 call, or is someone upset?

From what I remember people received their call and got value from it.

However we were unable to confirm the existence of the "sick child" and that any such donation happened.

When we questioned the scenario and existence of the child, the user promptly disappeared.

As with all things internet, trust, but verify. Haven't read the content here (it's pretty damn old) so I'm not sure how applicable it is today.

D

Deleted68316

Let me tell you a story, This is 1989 early 1990..

I was working two jobs, throwing newspapers in the morning starting at 330 AM. and working at a warehouse during the day getting off at 7PM.. Worked my a$$ off and sadly had obligations to keep working, My dad died and left us in a ton of debt, so I had to carry the house, support my mother and brother, that is why the two jobs, had to keep them, had to make the money. No choice.

All the while business ideas were going through my head like crazy, everyday another idea, another thought, another angle, Said to myself, I should start this, I should start that. How could I though, I had bills. I can't quit. No way.

Maybe I can work some of them on the side, which I did, got friends to do their part, never worked, Why? Cause I was working and could not be there and friends doing your biz on the side. Failure after failure.

One day A friend of mine said we should go to Cali and check out the scene. Try taking a week off from Newspapers. It's a 7 day a week job, everyday. 3 years straight I had not taken a day off.. 3 years.. think about that. Now the manager was all upset I wanted to take a week off. wow..

Went to Cali, Came across something I really wanted to start, a great idea, an industry I knew 0 about. I just smelled money.. But for all my excitement, After the week was over, went back to work. had to, had no choice, getting up at 3 am, getting off at 7PM. Went on for like a month or two, realized this is my life, and this will be my life forever.

That moment, Decided I was going to quit, move to Cali and pursue the idea. Had no money to start it. Nothing.

When I told my Managers they were like, your going to start your own business... it will never work, (like they knew) told my mom, she basically cried and yelled at me for a week on how she was going to be living on the street in a few months, she even was nice enough to have every relative call me and tell me I was a bum for leaving her with nothing.

I lied , told her don't worry I will make enough money to cover the bills in a month.. Did I know if that was true, I had no idea, I had barely enough gas to Get to Hollywood.

Turns out, My idea actually worked, and I made a lot of money.. Millions in fact, Bought my mom a nice house, Paid for trips for her to go around the world on cruises and vacations.

The reality is though. I could still be that guy working, thinking of ideas... Planning for the day... that will never come..

Don't be that guy.. Lose the job, Fight to make it work.. and it will. Do it today.
it seems like you burned the boat.

When covid started and I stopped working for two weeks, I had the best two weeks of my life.

Supercharged. Started a drop-shipping store. Made 2 sales.

Then the job picked up again, I lost the grip, the freedom.

Do you think that having burned the boat gave you the flow to achieve your results?

Or do you think you could have done the same even doing another job, maybe part-time, on the side?

EDIT: Just read the rest.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.