The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Movies to watch with Fastlane Mindset/ Lessons?

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
Lord of War / Steve JOBS film / The Social Network

Santi M

See you on the fastlane
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 22, 2018
Fastlane
The social Network (2010)
Hi, I think The social network isn't a good film because it shows practically nothing about the process that took to create facebook. I mean, it's like an event film about what was a process.

That's only my opinion, of course.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Hi, I think The social network isn't a good film because it shows practically nothing about the process that took to create facebook. I mean, it's like an event film about what was a process.

That's only my opinion, of course.
I agree. Once again it's a movie that shows how screwing people over and being some genius is the only way to become successful.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
71sSoV%2B-DoL._SL1200_.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PXf5iSGIL4

Considered to be one of the best movies of the 2000's

Lionhearted

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
May 29, 2012
Killeen Texas
It’s disappointing that most of these movies, though extremely enjoyable, demonize business to some people and encourage sh*t ethics to others.

The Steve Jobs movie is a good one for inspiration.

I have also recently enjoyed the history channel series “The Men Who Built America.”
If it comes from Hollywood it will demonize business, money and success ALWAYS. It will always paint the rich and successful as underhanded and evil. That's why I avoid watching it.

PureDirect

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
536%
Oct 25, 2018
Germany
The Big Short - Shows how Millions lost their homes and life savings because of greedy banks and wall street

Molly's Game - About picking yourself up after failure, pursuing a fastlane business, and *really* redlining it

They're both based on true events.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Aug 18, 2018
New York

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
The Big Short
Founder
Nightcrawler — not really "fastlane", but it'll still resonate with anyone who has an entrepreneur mindset. And a couple thrills to go with it.

Harbourmaster

If it is to be, it's up to me.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Mar 2, 2017
Canada
Joy, the story of the NY inventor who started as a waitress.

Kinda depressing and made somewhat dramatic, but it shows the process, the struggle, and the desert of desertion and other things.

Beat me to it! Hands down one of my favourites - shows the whole journey. Betrayed by her own family and forgives them while she continues to lead her own path to build the life she wants.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
The three movies were meh, but the book is much better. Though the book was in desperate need of an editor.

In my opinion, her non-fiction work is much better.

yea i saw a bit of atlas shrugged but turned it off.. but definitely a fast lane movie

Also, The Billionaire Fastlane:

View: https://youtu.be/rxY9fKgK5OQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Never1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 13, 2015
Canada
John Wick, in a metaphorical sense. Intense passion, focus and commitment against incredible odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
John Wick, in a metaphorical sense. Intense passion, focus and commitment against incredible odds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
absolutley in love with the passion this man has over simple things. such a good movie yet comical in a way

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I really liked JOY with jennifer lawrence.

I enjoy watching HBO Ballers with the rock and The BIG SHORT for some reason is still a favourite.

I saw a few people mentioned The Social Network. Good for getting you excited but just super unrealistic and dramatic - that movie came out when I was in college and inspired a bunch of my coder friends to build social networks and act like douche bags to emulate zuckerberg. Very irritating times.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
the billionaire was a good movie, recommend it a lot.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
I sometimes draw great motivation from examples of what not to do or how not to be, so I suggest to you Idiocracy (link to YouTube trailer). It's a satirical film on the consequences of runaway sidewalk- and slowlane-ism.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Big Night

Lesson : Sell what the market loves, not what you love.
Was an enjoyable watch, Thanks!

Some good lines:
"Give to people what they want, then later you can give what you want"

"I am a businessman, I'm anything I need to be at anytime"

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind.

The film is based on an incredible true story. The focus isn't so much on business (though business and politics play a role), but it powerfully demonstrates mindset, initiative, and focus on value-providing problem solving that translate well to entrepreneurship. I think.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
It’s disappointing that most of these movies, though extremely enjoyable, demonize business to some people and encourage shit ethics to others.

The Steve Jobs movie is a good one for inspiration.

I have also recently enjoyed the history channel series “The Men Who Built America.”
The pursuit of Happyness is one of my favorites because it shows something more realistic: wealthy people are happy and nice. The poor people are negative and never apply themselves. And if you want to change your destiny, you do it by working your a$$ off and getting creative. 10000 opportunities to make excuses but never making them. Holding yourself to a higher standard than what you could ever expect from anyone else. It’s always been a favorite of mine.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The pursuit of Happyness is one of my favorites because it shows something more realistic: wealthy people are happy and nice. The poor people are negative and never apply themselves. And if you want to change your destiny, you do it by working your a$$ off and getting creative. 10000 opportunities to make excuses but never making them. Holding yourself to a higher standard than what you could ever expect from anyone else. It’s always been a favorite of mine.

No doubt! Another really good one.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
If it comes from Hollywood it will demonize business, money and success ALWAYS. It will always paint the rich and successful as underhanded and evil. That's why I avoid watching it.
Hollywood likes to demonize wall street, finance or big business in general because they have a love hate relationship with them. Deep down as artists they hate investors and business people telling them to modify their work to reach a bigger audience for commercial success. It is a “sell out” to them.

But most of the outraging inequality happens in the entertainment and acting business as well. Now we know that the rumors are true. Women as well as men were targets of sexual abuse because the producers and directors literally dictate if they have a chance in the business.

These small guy actors and actress are self-employed, dreaming for big success, often struggle to make ends meet. It is a classical example of powerful people exploiting self employed smaller contractors.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.