• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Movies to watch with Fastlane Mindset/ Lessons?

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Dbbuzbee, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Dbbuzbee

Dbbuzbee Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $398
    I know watching movies is a waste of time in most cases, but what movies have you guys seen that help enforce that millionaire fastlane mindset and maybe offers some lessons?

Santi Merino and Hurley32533 like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $336,426
    Admin Post
    The Revolutionary Road ... it reinforces Fastlane by negatively demonstrating the Slowlane death grip.

3. ksc23

ksc23 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,504
    The Billionaire

From IMDB:
    What are you doing at his age? Age 16, TOP gained 400,000 Baht monthly from playing online games. Age 17, He was willing to fail school and instead earned money from selling chestnuts for 2,000 baht. Age 18, His family went bankrupt and remained 40 million Baht in debt. Age 19, He released Tao Kae Noi seaweed to more than 3,000 branches at 7-Eleven. At this present, Top is a 26-year-old businessman, the owner of the bestselling seaweed in Thailand. He owns 85 percent of the market share which is equivalent to 800 million Baht a year, and has 2,000 employees in his company. The Billionaire will let you get to know Top Ittipat in details about how he turned himself from an online game addict whom always got disparaged by teachers, to a famous young billionaire. How did he raise himself up to this position? Surely, everyone desires to get rich, yet not everyone dares to succeed like him. Find the answers that have made Top become a billionaire, while you still can.

TheCj, Santi Merino, SMH and 10 others like this.
  4. MB2

MB2 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $727
    Pursuit of happiness is a good one.There you have more of the motivation and mindset.And the film is based on a real life story

Santi Merino, SMH, Kak and 3 others like this.
  5. topherea

topherea Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,956
    The Jonah Hill movie War Dogs that's out right now definitely comes to mind. It covers things like finding government contracts online, scaling big, getting boned by china and partnerships with friends

6. vinylawesome

vinylawesome Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,342
    The Founder. The true story of how Ray Kroc took a small hamburger operation and built it into a worldwide empire. The movie highlights the early days of the business. The struggles as well as the smart decisions that led Mcdonald's into the real estate business.

Quotes from Grinding it Out: The Making of Mcdonald's by Ray Kroc:

"The McDonald brothers were simply not on my wavelength at all. I was obsessed with the idea of making McDonald's the biggest and the best. They were content with what they had; they didn't want to be bothered with more risks and more demands."

"I was never much of a reader when I was a boy. Books bored me. I liked action. But I spent a lot of time thinking about things. I’d imagine all kinds of situations and how I would handle them."

"I was 52 years old. I had diabetes and incipient arthritis. I had lost my gall bladder and most of my thyroid gland in earlier campaigns, but I was convinced that the best was ahead of me."

7. KeepGoin

KeepGoin Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $393
    damn, the Revolutionary Road stings a bit.

Dbbuzbee likes this.
  8. domifreezy

domifreezy Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $144
    I can recommend to you:

The Wolf of Wall Street(2014)- Jordan Belfort earnes countless money at the wallstreet.
    To my mind that's one of the best movies about fastlane success.
    You also get in touch with the luxury lifestyle and all its benefits and downsides.

The social Network (2010) - Young coder Mark Zuckerberg creates Facebook.
    Still one of my favorite fastlane stories.
    From Harvard to the youngest billionaire on earth.

Jobs (2013) - The autobiography of Steve Jobs.
    Very motivating to see how apple started out as garage company to one of the most influential companies ever.

But there are also classics like Scarface or American Gangster.

Stay motivated and reach your goals, buddy:fistbump:

GMSI7D, bilkar1985 and Dbbuzbee like this.
  9. startinup

startinup Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,095
    The Wolf of Wall Street is terrible for showing fastlane ideals. It's not about providing value... It's about lying your a$$ off and becoming rich by doing it.

10. mguerra

mguerra Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $106

Seems to be a kick a$$ movie! Thanks for sharing

11. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,841
    Wolf of Wall Street is not fastlane at all. It's basically the sidewalk's version of what the fastlane looks like.

Belfort also ended up in prison for 22 months for fraud. I highly doubt any of the high rep posters here run a business like Belfort.

SMH, Hurley32533, Kak and 2 others like this.
  12. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $50,878
    Blow

[​IMG]

Dallas Buyer's Club

[​IMG]

War Dogs

[​IMG]

Brits get rich in China

These are decent movies which explore the process of sourcing, supplying, and growing. Obviously they're criminal oriented (since criminal films are more entertaining that business), but still have valuable lessons.

vinylawesome likes this.
  13. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $67,407
    I think the Groundhog Day movie is a good apology of going from a Slowlane to a Fastlane Mindset.

He starts off totally depressed and jaded at life, he tries to shortcut everything without any process and is bitter at life.

He then starts to wake up and go for what he really wants in life but still has lots of failures and doesn't quite get the concept of process (earning it) just yet.

He eventually learns to add a lot of value, give back to other people, improve his mindset and build real connections.

I know its a comedy but it shows the difference that changes in your daily routine and outlook have when compounded over months/years. For him it just happens to be the same day compounded!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  14. vinylawesome

vinylawesome Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,342
  15. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,705
    Scarface lol

no, don’t

Bryan James likes this.
  16. Brad S

Brad S Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,136
    Breaking Bad (AMC series)

Wall Street (80s original)

Billions (Showtime series)

Collateral (Though not a business movie it's about taking control of your life)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

17. ChrisV

ChrisV Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,705
    lmfao

:thumbsup:

fc74b2cf4903dea3e24ce28bad877f1ad2fc2e8301a36fa5e79cbb3abc6fe213.jpg

Brad S likes this.
  18. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $336,426
    Admin Post
    Joy, the story of the NY inventor who started as a waitress.

Kinda depressing and made somewhat dramatic, but it shows the process, the struggle, and the desert of desertion and other things.

19. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $15,650
    It’s disappointing that most of these movies, though extremely enjoyable, demonize business to some people and encourage sh*t ethics to others.

The Steve Jobs movie is a good one for inspiration.

I have also recently enjoyed the history channel series “The Men Who Built America.”

20. Sebastya

Sebastya Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $1,382
    American Gangster - make a product twice as good at half the cost
    Generation Iron - how bodybuilders embrace hard work and discipline in life
    Defiant Ones - how Jimmy Iovine and Dr Dre rose to the top of the music industry

21. Superkid

Superkid Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $187
    Big Night

Lesson : Sell what the market loves, not what you love.

Brad S likes this.
  22. ChrisV

Rep Bank:
    $7,705
    GMSI7D likes this.
  23. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $336,426
    Admin Post
    Of course they do. That's the default Hollywood narrative. How can we scream "tax the rich" if we cast our rich guy as honorable, ethical, and culture shifting?

Yes, that's a great series. Even better, I think they showed how much an a**hole Edison was. (I think it was this series!)

SMH, Hurley32533, Kak and 1 other person like this.
  24. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $15,650
    No doubt on the Hollywood hypocrites.

Yes. Edison was a dick. It was later in the series.

25. Brad S

Brad S Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,136

It's funny I was going to recommend that myself but I figured it's more a documentary.

It is damn good though.

I'm currently listening to Titan about John D Rockefeller and it's one of the best books I've ever learned from.

Rockefeller, Carnagie, Morgan, Gould, and Vanderbilt...You couldn't get any better business lessons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk