The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Motivational Quotes

edpaiz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Apr 9, 2013
Guatemala
I really enjoy the content (and quality) of this forum. Thought I would start a new thread dedicated strictly to motivational quotes. For me, all it takes is one good quote to get me fired up about where I am going, and where I want to end up. Feel free to add on -
Here is one of my recent favorites:
'Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't.'
(Author unknown)
thi is my favorite entrepreneurship quote ever great post!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
"The truth shall set you free but first it will piss you off"

"Things don't change, people change"
-Henry David Thoreau

"change can happen in an instant"
-Anthony Robbins

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
Awesome list full of excuses and alibis to why you're not successful

55 Excuses for Failure | | Wealth For TeensWealth For Teens

My favorite of them all

"If I had the courage to see myself as I really am, I would find out what is wrong with me and correct it, then I might have a chance to profit by my mistakes and learn something from the experience of others, for I know that there is something wrong with me, or I would now be where I would have been if I had spent more time analyzing my weaknesses and less time building alibis to cover them."

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Friday afternoon motivation:

"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” Steve Jobs

"The future belongs to those who believe in the power of their dreams" Eleanor Roosevelt

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” Calvin Coolidge

I read these everyday...

I am trying to close on my first piece of real estate. These quotes are especially motivating and inspiring to me today.

For anyone going through the desert of desertion today read these quotes and keep pushing!

hellokitty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Mar 21, 2013
I like Paulo Coelho's books and this is a quote from him:

"Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worst kind of suffering."

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
Say to yourself in the early morning: I shall meet today inquisitive, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, uncharitable men. All these things have come upon them through ignorance of real good and ill.

- Marcus Aurelius

Risking
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
To expose your feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place your ideas, your dreams before a crowd is to risk.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair.
To try is to risk failure.
But, risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing at all.
The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, and is nothing.
They may avoid suffering and sorrow but they cannot learn, change, grow, love, live.
Chained by their certitudes, they are slaves.
They have forfeited their freedom.
Only a person who risks is free.

Tlcalis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 25, 2012
Sooner or later something seems to call us onto a particular path. You may remember this ‘something’ as a signal calling in childhood when an urge out of nowhere, a fascination, a peculiar turn of events struck like an annunciation: This is what I must do; this is what I’ve got to have. This is who I am. . . if not this vivid and sure, the call may have been more like gentle pushings in the stream in which you drifted unknowingly to a particular spot on the bank. Looking back, you sense that fate had a hand in it. . . . A calling may be postponed, avoided, intermittently missed. It may also posses you completely. Whatever; eventually it will out. It makes its claim... Extraordinary people display calling most evidently. Perhaps that's why they fascinate. Perhaps, too, they are extraordinary because their calling comes through so clearly and they are so loyal to it... Extraordinary people bear the better witness because they show what ordinary mortals simply can't. We seem to ave less motivation and more distraction. Yet our destiny is driven by the same universal engine. Extraordinary people are not a different category; the workings of this engine in them are simply more transparent...

- James Hillman

Do not talk about giftedness, inborn talents! One can name great men of all kinds who were very little gifted. They acquired greatness, became “geniuses” (as we put it), through qualities the lack of which no one who knew what they were would boast of: they all possessed that seriousness of the efficient workman which first learns to construct the parts properly before it ventures to fashion a great whole; they allowed themselves time for it, because they took more pleasure in making the little, secondary things well than in the effect of a dazzling whole.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

“It is a great folly to hope that other men will harmonize with us; I have never hoped this. I have always regarded each man as an independent individual, whom I endeavored to understand with all his peculiarities, but from whom I desired no further sympathy. In this way have I been enabled to converse with every man, and thus alone is produced the knowledge of various characters and the dexterity necessary for the conduct of life”.

- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Cult of the genius out of vanity.— Because we think well of ourselves, but nonetheless never suppose ourselves capable of producing a painting like one of Raphael’s or a dramatic scene like one of Shakespeare's, we convince ourselves that the capacity to do so is quite extraordinarily marvelous, a wholly uncommon accident, or, if we are still religiously inclined, a mercy from on high. Thus our vanity, our self-love, promotes the cult of the genius: for only if we think of him as being very remote from us, as a miraculum, does he not aggrieve us (even Goethe, who was without envy, called Shakespeare his star of the most distant heights [“William! Stern der schönsten Ferne": from Goethe's, “Between Two Worlds”]; in regard to which one might recall the lines: “the stars, these we do not desire" [from Goethe's, “Comfort in Tears”]). But, aside from these suggestions of our vanity, the activity of the genius seems in no way fundamentally different from the activity of the inventor of machines, the scholar of astronomy or history, the master of tactics. All these activities are explicable if one pictures to oneself people whose thinking is active in one direction, who employ everything as material, who always zealously observe their own inner life and that of others, who perceive everywhere models and incentives, who never tire of combining together the means available to them. Genius too does nothing except learn first how to lay bricks then how to build, except continually seek for material and continually form itself around it. Every activity of man is amazingly complicated, not only that of the genius: but none is a “miracle."— Whence, then, the belief that genius exists only in the artist, orator and philosopher? that only they have “intuition"? (Whereby they are supposed to possess a kind of miraculous eyeglass with which they can see directly into “the essence of the thing"!) It is clear that people speak of genius only where the effects of the great intellect are most pleasant to them and where they have no desire to feel envious. To call someone “divine" means: “here there is no need for us to compete." Then, everything finished and complete is regarded with admiration, everything still becoming is undervalued. But no one can see in the work of the artist how it has become; that is its advantage, for wherever one can see the act of becoming one grows somewhat cool. The finished and perfect art of representation repulses all thinking as to how it has become; it tyrannizes as present completeness and perfection. That is why the masters of the art of representation count above all as gifted with genius and why men of science do not. In reality, this evaluation of the former and undervaluation of the latter is only a piece of childishness in the realm of reason.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Tough times don't last, but tough people do.

- Dan Pena

Selinafairie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 1, 2013
This is my favourite... "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success."
Swami Vivekananda

Selinafairie

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
May 1, 2013
One more "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it."
W. C. Fields

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." -John F. Kennedy

Think about this in the context of the mediocrity we've been fed as standard. Slowlane/Sidewalk. It's the illusion of wealth that MJ talks about in the book. The enemy of the truth is that vision that we are given of what is rich: fast cars, big houses, and the selling point that gets people on a salary to buy them.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic." -John F. Kennedy

Likewise... think about how many beliefs we have that we hold true, when in fact, they aren't.

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions...

~ Leonardo DaVinci

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
Likewise... think about how many beliefs we have that we hold true, when in fact, they aren't.

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions...

~ Leonardo DaVinci

I couldn't agree more. So many contexts that this applies to - health, money, happiness, self worth. We're fed the bullshit, and we believe it, then we refuse to disbelieve it.

robotunicr0n

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 16, 2013
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today to make a new ending." -Maria Robinson

Don't forget your past, no matter how troubling it was. Definitely embrace it. However, accept the fact that you can't change it - it has changed you. So instead of letting it define your future, take a step up and do it yourself. Remake your life and be a millionaire, even if it is only in mindset.

Vick

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
485%
Dec 27, 2012
Toronto
success is inevitable.

as long as you never give up.

beiry

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jul 2, 2012
Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread - some great inspiration here :)

I've compiled all the quotes that have been provided so far in a word doc, available here; http://bit.ly/1ctjRLp

OzzieRob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 3, 2013
Perth, Australia
It's keep me going reading motivational quotes.

Donald Trumps father used to send Donald quotes in the mail on a card by Aristotle. It helped him tackle his business when times got hard.

One of my personal favourites is: "Help other people get what they want - and you'll get what you want. (Author: Mary Kay Ash)

Cheers
Rob
Perth, West Australia

OzzieRob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 3, 2013
Perth, Australia
The government needs you to stay in school it's a business just like anything else if you leave they lose money and they can't have that.

Hmmm...that's what i thought too. When a mate of mine was asking me whether he should do his masters in accounting he says it would cost $10K. His reasoning was that a Chartered accountant would pay higher than a Certified Practising Accountant.

I was saying that it was a waste of money and it turned out true as he completed his CPA and paid 1/10 the price.

Too much education is a waster of time and money. Just look at all the college professors on the pension.

efcno1fan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 20, 2013
Liverpool,UK
totally agree bro....well at least we are part of this great forum and can self educate ourselves,with relevant information that these great fastlaners provide :D

''dreamchasers''

hellokitty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Mar 21, 2013
This one is great :)

"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose."Lyndon Johnson

hellokitty

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Mar 21, 2013
THIS ONE TOO!!

"Enter every activity without giving mental recognition to the possibility of defeat. Concentrate on your strengths, instead of your weaknesses… on your powers, instead of your problems."
Paul J. Meyer

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.