The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

More from the Purple Kool Aid Website . . .

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I was going to post this under Fastlane Funnies b/c I was laughing so hard at some of the posts that I had tears in my eyes.

Props to andviv for posting on this thread and trying to get those guys looking at making money, instead of gloom and doom:

http://forum.richdad.com/forums/tm.asp?m=617986&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

I know those of you who were never members at RD.com find this rehash nauseating, but look at it from our POV: It's like we had a pristine Ferrari 250 GTO* and some idiots came and tried to run it on lighter fluid and use it to store old fish.

In other words, what once had value, is now next to worthless.

You don't have to like Ferraris to appreciate the metaphor: Every thing worth value should be cared for. When it's not--- especially if it has unique value-- it's a sad loss.

-Russ H.

*For Lambo fans: I use the example of a 250 GTO not as a "ride", but as something that was rare when it was first built, and has appreciated over time. Current selling price for one of the original 250 GTOs is estimated to be north of $20,000,000-- if you are lucky enough to find a collector willing to part w/theirs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I just got tired of useless information. I have a limited capacity in my brain and I don't want to fill it out with something that is not going to make me any money. It is funny, when you ask them how this would make you money the answer is 'I have no clue'. I really prefer to ask questions here where people make me think about business and deals. I love that attitude.

And just to show how ignorant I am in the matters of expensive cars, I thought an Enzo was difficult to find. I had no clue that GTOs where that hard to find.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Yup.

Only 39 of 'em made.

Even more rare than the Tucker (Of the 52 Tuckers made, I've seen 2, since I worked w/Lucasfilm and George kept his in the underground garage for years, under a tarp). FF Coppola had his on display at Niebaum Coppola until recently.

piranha526

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 20, 2007
New Jersey
I chimed in on another thread over there about how the “news” means absolutely “nothing” when it comes to those events and the stock market. Trade your signals and stick to your system (that’s what it takes to make money). Maybe a sell signal will come and you take it. And guess what, several months later you will find out why. Studying the news (the way they are doing it) is a joke because it’s already priced into the market (months in advance). Many characters over there have no clue why they post what they post.

I’ll repeat here:

"Tips and rumors (AND NEWS) are for suckers"
...when it comes to the market: Trade the signals and find out why later. Very simple!

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
Russ- I trademarked the phrase 'purple koolaid'. Adding a space between kool and aid does not absolve you of the royalty payments due. Since seeing you post, I have quit my job and am impatiently waiting by my mailbox for the $1,000,000 check.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Since seeing you post, I have quit my job and am impatiently waiting by my mailbox for the $1,000,000 check.
Check's in the mail, Kurt.

Not from me, of course.

I think it was Publisher's Clearinghouse.:smx4:

-Russ H.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
awesome, if it was mailed today, it should arrive at just about the same time as the check from the nice nigerian business man. I am going shopping today just to celebrate. No harm putting in CC, since I have all this cash heading my way.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
I know those of you who were never members at RD.com find this rehash nauseating, but look at it from our POV: It's like we had a pristine Ferrari 250 GTO* and some idiots came and tried to run it on lighter fluid and use it to store old fish.
:smilielol:

So true. It's like one day I looked around and all I saw were either MLM posters or crazy people...or crazy MLM posters. It pisses me off that the mods let it get to the point that it's at...but out of chaos springs opportunity- right MJ? :smxB:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Speaking as an ex-moderator, I'd have to say that our hands were securely tied on this.

Darth Seif believes in self-management of forums.

And he would not let us get rid of the baddies.

So it just keeps getting worse . . .

Makes me appreciate the fastlane all that much more! :hurray:

-Russ H.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Yeah, this site is awesome. I have learned so much here... well, frankly it is a natural high. I hopped over to the other site today and I could only hang for about 3 minutes. The quality of the feedback here is 100x better.

It is so great being here and having the feeling that we are all looking out for each others best interests and all the people giving high quality, thought-provoking feedback...so far it really is a utopian experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.