The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Money can't buy happiness. Or can it?

juturna

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Aug 3, 2015
Happiness shouldn't be labeled as having money.
Why should money make you happy? I mean, I get the point it is you're trying to get across, but still makes no sense as to why you'd settle for money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Being rich is having enough money for your life to do what it needs to do - without you having to work for it. That last part is crucial - you cannot be working to facilitate your life going round and round - then you're rich.

Are you there? I am not, but making progress...

Alan LT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Nov 1, 2014
South Florida
2a91d1fb5a6691967fec259a537d44b8.jpg

OscarDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Nov 28, 2014
Northern Virginia
Usually said by someone with no money, or by someone with lots of money who believes making money is a zero sum game who wants your money. Yes it can, yes it can, yes it can - for normal folks like all of us. Yea, if you're a suicidal gloomy Gus, I suppose all the money in the world won't change that (or will it?). But people like that have deep seated issues. For most normal people, you bet it does. As I described in another thread somewhere, I went from living in an '83 Honda Accord with my wife and 5 cats to enough money to buy pretty much whatever I want (paid cash for my dream house, paid cash for two boats, two airplanes, and a bought a condo in Vegas, which I literally paid for with my credit card). Guess when I was happier?

Cheers,
O-2

Last edited:

smartman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Apr 7, 2013
Usually said by someone with no money, or by someone with lots of money who believes making money is a zero sum game who wants your money. Yes it can, yes it can, yes it can - for normal folks like all of us. Yea, if you're a suicidal gloomy Gus, I suppose all the money in the world won't change that (or will it?). But people like that have deep seated issues. For most normal people, you bet it does. As I described in another thread somewhere, I went from living in an '83 Honda Accord with my wife and 5 cats to enough money to buy pretty much whatever I want (paid cash for my dream house, paid cash for two boats, two airplanes, and a bought a condo in Vegas, which I literally paid for with my credit card). Guess when I was happier?

Cheers,
O-2

couldn't agree with this more. The whole "money doesn't buy happiness" thing is a defeatist attitude, excuse, insecurity, you name it used by people that want to justify their slowlane lives.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
Maybe the most correct response is "Money won't buy EVERYBODY that has it happiness." Perhaps?

I've never been happier since I started making more money. The unhappiest times in my life were times where I had the least of it.

It all really equates to Money = Freedom. There are plenty of people that have tons of money therefore tons of freedom but squander it, therefore the unhappiness. There are people who have low expectations and are happy with limited freedom, therefore they don't need the money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
Anyone who thinks money can't buy happiness has never been broke. Trying having no money to your name, $10,000 in CC debt, $100k in student loans, and $100k in doctor's bills. Let me know how you stayed happy through the whole situation because "you don't care" about money...

Stress destroys happiness. Being broke causes stress.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.