The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mobile Game Development

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Thanks for the advice. The app idea that I have are very simple for a very niche market. I can probably build it right now but I worry about the user experience. How did you beta test your game? How do you know if you have a great app with a great user experience? How did you market your app?I've been coding and learning everyday. I'll definitely check those resources out.
Awesome. Putting in the work every day is a great start. For UX & knowing if it's good, get it out there in front of real people, see how they react, and then continue to tweak and iterate until you've nailed it (much like any other product). You can even track some simple analytics to have better actionable information once you're ready for that.

Re: marketing: So many ways. Right now I'm enjoying FB ads. Check out the resources for tons of info on various methods you can try

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Awesome. Putting in the work every day is a great start. For UX & knowing if it's good, get it out there in front of real people, see how they react, and then continue to tweak and iterate until you've nailed it (much like any other product). You can even track some simple analytics to have better actionable information once you're ready for that.

Re: marketing: So many ways. Right now I'm enjoying FB ads. Check out the resources for tons of info on various methods you can try

I just checked out those resources, it has great content, I'll consume those at work, thanks for the insight.

coder_for_life22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Apr 24, 2017
Washington DC
@BrooklynHustle is right about everything!

I studied computer science and while I am one to say that a degree in computer science is not a requirement to be a developer, coding is not easy. Especially learning to code at a high level.

I did all the coding for my game and hired a designer to do the graphics.

If you are just learning to code, it will be better to do as @BrooklynHustle suggested and look into getting good source code and going with the reskin option. Just make sure the reskin is high quality and not junk that you often see being thrown on the app stores by reskinners.

Meanwhile continue to learn to code and work on your skill.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
cool thread, have been thinking of learning mobile game development myself

jamez1515

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Jul 22, 2017
Miami, USA
I must say that you have good interaction with your audience. It will help you a lot to promote your game on Instagram.
Using Hashtags helps users find your post, which means more eyeballs will see the app you are trying to promote. For instance if you have a camera app you are looking to promote, a few good hashtags for that would be #Androidphotography, #Android, #AndroidPhoto, just to name a few. #AndroidPhotography is a really popular one. While it’s good to use a popular hashtag, it means there’s less time where users will see your post, unless they happen to scroll down a bit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.