The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Millionaire By 25 Documentary

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Tough to do to many things at once. and all your eggs should be in one basket.

You are now, what 3 months in, have you grossed anything yet? and or, how much are you down so far?

That's kind of the idea with the documentary. there's so many books written in past tense, but i haven't seen one that follows the journey.

Thank you. very kind words sir.

Also, I see you interviewing people, what about interviewing yourself, people can turn on the TV and watch 10,000 interviews.. I would be more interested in watching you start, show yourself creating the logo, the brand, the design.. etc. Is that in the works. or did I miss that somewhere in you commentary and you are already doing that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Tough to do to many things at once. and all your eggs should be in one basket.

You are now, what 3 months in, have you grossed anything yet? and or, how much are you down so far?

Also, I see you interviewing people, what about interviewing yourself, people can turn on the TV and watch 10,000 interviews.. I would be more interested in watching you start, show yourself creating the logo, the brand, the design.. etc. Is that in the works. or did I miss that somewhere in you commentary and you are already doing that?

Hey Jack, thanks for checking the project out. The documentary is more me than anything. You see everything. I don't have the time to edit as I go because I'm trying to earn the million. There's just not enough time in the day. The interviews with other entrepreneurs and my tips of the week are me trying to provide media to give you guys updates on my journey. Other than that, I won't be posting stuff of me until the teaser in June and trailer next year and then finally the release. I'd like to put it in larger film festivals if it's as good as I think it will be. For now, my responses will be the most I can provide and updates by messages on these forums.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
Agree with Jack. It could be interesting to see yourself for example waking up after a long night of working on your projects ;)

Working on more than one project is a good idea to share how you split your day to progress daily.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Agree with Jack. It could be interesting to see yourself for example waking up after a long night of working on your projects ;)

Working on more than one project is a good idea to share how you split your day to progress daily.

I will post a vid of a day in the life soon if you guys really want it.

Calling experts for this next question. Angel investing, how's the best way to approach it and best resource to find them? It's for the fashion accessory line to create prototype(s) and establish manufacturing.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Calling experts for this next question. Angel investing, how's the best way to approach it and best resource to find them? It's for the fashion accessory line to create prototype(s) and establish manufacturing.

For the fashion industry, it is going to be tough, real tough.

striker88i

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 3, 2011
This is a cool idea. I watched the first interview and really enjoyed it. Each of these interviews could be a chapter in a self-help/get-rich type book. You could probably turn the lessons that you learn into a decent book.

There are so many people trying to make money off of other people's content. I like that you're *creating* content. Way to go!

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
This is a cool idea. I watched the first interview and really enjoyed it. Each of these interviews could be a chapter in a self-help/get-rich type book. You could probably turn the lessons that you learn into a decent book.

There are so many people trying to make money off of other people's content. I like that you're *creating* content. Way to go!

That's the plan! A book after the documentary!

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I just wanted to say, props to you. Big dreams, big goals, and the drive to match it. Looking forward to seeing you progress.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Heading to Ottawa and Gatineau, Ontario today for not ONE but TWO millionaire interviews. One of which I am hoping will be an angel investor in 2 of my projects.

Wish me well. I'll meet someone cool on the greyhound, I feel.

Sponge

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Apr 6, 2012
Washington DC
Good luck! I'm keeping track of your thread, hands on real time knowledge is always best! A quick question! I read a lot of L.O.A books and am just curious which one do you like best for cultivating your expectant mindset and feeling like the universe is working for?

Cason

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 7, 2012
I think this would work pretty well because
1) You've gotten your first interviews already (which are the toughest to get btw...)
2) You're feeding their ego by interviewing them ...this works like a charm!

Another thing is you get to interact with real millionaires face-to-face and hell that's one huge of an opportunity you've built for yourself.

However I don't quite like the idea of your "tip of the week". Don't get me wrong, I love learning new stuff, but normally I'd try to stay away from business advice from people who aren't millionaires themselves, I wouldn't take slimming advice from a fat man. (Ironic, I know. I'm not a millionaire either.)

Also, I don't think you should work on multiple projects at once.
Here's an analogy used by Rich Schefren in his BGS program:

Let's say each letter is each of your projects, for each project to succeed it takes "3 months of effort". And below is illustrating a 9 month period.

When you're tackling...
One project at one go: A-A-A-B-B-B-C-C-C
Three projects at one go: A-B-C-A-B-C-A-B-C

When you divide your effort between 3 projects, you only start raking in cash on the 7th month. However, if you focus, you can start cashing in on project A, EVERY MONTH from the 3rd month onwards. You can effectively earn much more, and speed up your 2nd and 3rd project by reinvesting the money you've earned.

Just my 2 cents... my first post btw :)

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Good luck! I'm keeping track of your thread, hands on real time knowledge is always best! A quick question! I read a lot of L.O.A books and am just curious which one do you like best for cultivating your expectant mindset and feeling like the universe is working for?

Thanks! the audiobook your wish is your command. Keep in mind it's a pitch for the gin mlm at the end but for some reason it always resonates with me and gives me this calm confidence. I listen to it once a month.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
I think this would work pretty well because
1) You've gotten your first interviews already (which are the toughest to get btw...)
2) You're feeding their ego by interviewing them ...this works like a charm!

Another thing is you get to interact with real millionaires face-to-face and hell that's one huge of an opportunity you've built for yourself.

However I don't quite like the idea of your "tip of the week". Don't get me wrong, I love learning new stuff, but normally I'd try to stay away from business advice from people who aren't millionaires themselves, I wouldn't take slimming advice from a fat man. (Ironic, I know. I'm not a millionaire either.)

Also, I don't think you should work on multiple projects at once.
Here's an analogy used by Rich Schefren in his BGS program:

Let's say each letter is each of your projects, for each project to succeed it takes "3 months of effort". And below is illustrating a 9 month period.

When you're tackling...
One project at one go: A-A-A-B-B-B-C-C-C
Three projects at one go: A-B-C-A-B-C-A-B-C

When you divide your effort between 3 projects, you only start raking in cash on the 7th month. However, if you focus, you can start cashing in on project A, EVERY MONTH from the 3rd month onwards. You can effectively earn much more, and speed up your 2nd and 3rd project by reinvesting the money you've earned.

Just my 2 cents... my first post btw :)

Thanks for the tips!!

I did the tips of the week to start generating more consistent media to share with people to gain more fans. What do you suggest I do as an alternative??

Yes, balancing multiple projects is becoming increasingly difficult.

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
Tomorrow, I'm going to wake up and slap some people! :fryingpan: Great work on interviewing your old boss.

Keep up the fabulous work and best wishes on your journey to success!

Cason

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 7, 2012
Thanks for the tips!!

I did the tips of the week to start generating more consistent media to share with people to gain more fans. What do you suggest I do as an alternative??

Yes, balancing multiple projects is becoming increasingly difficult.

Hmm, just some ideas...

Are the documentaries going to be free to watch?
If it's free I guess keep churning out interviews and you'll be fine...

If it's paid maybe you could have bits of the interview released both as a mini-teaser and as content.
For example if one of the millionaires talked about leveraging employees/outsourcers to have more time to work on their business, you could name the video "What exactly is leverage? by xxx" or "The Importance of Leverage in business by xxx" or "The most important lesson I learnt from xxx", etc.

I think it'll be important to make use of their authority to stand out from the noise of information overload.

Again, I don't want to mislead you. These are just some ideas. I have no experience in this whatsoever.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Great job on the progress. I love the boldness of setting your goals in public and holding yourself accountable. Very few have the guts to do that.

To add a few things to some already mentioned ideas;

Most people find it very difficult to have multiple projects going at once. When you spread the focus, you spread the energy and potentially starving all of your ventures.

I'm not saying it cannot be done, but it takes an enormous amount of commitment and huge time commitment. Most new entrepreneurs eat, sleep and breath their businesses in the early years. And that is just with one business.

If you have 4, you can forget about the sleeping part, and you better eat while working. For a 2 year commitment it is doable, just watch your health.

As for the mlm, keep in mind you have no control here. Ride the wave while it lasts if you want, but you will never create a sale-able business here so it is nothing more than temporary cashflow. If you are flowing, ride the wave, but keep your eyes open.

At some point you will want to build your own thing. An mlm is nothing more than a job without the benefits or salary.

Best of luck to you and I look forward to seeing your progress.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Great job on the progress. I love the boldness of setting your goals in public and holding yourself accountable. Very few have the guts to do that.

Most people find it very difficult to have multiple projects going at once. When you spread the focus, you spread the energy and potentially starving all of your ventures.

I'm not saying it cannot be done, but it takes an enormous amount of commitment and huge time commitment. Most new entrepreneurs eat, sleep and breath their businesses in the early years. And that is just with one business.

If you have 4, you can forget about the sleeping part, and you better eat while working. For a 2 year commitment it is doable, just watch your health.

As for the mlm, keep in mind you have no control here. Ride the wave while it lasts if you want, but you will never create a sale-able business here so it is nothing more than temporary cashflow. If you are flowing, ride the wave, but keep your eyes open.

At some point you will want to build your own thing. An mlm is nothing more than a job without the benefits or salary.

Thanks for the advice. I'm hearing the "don't split up projects or do too many" quite often. My issue is that I'm not fully confident in any ONE project I'm doing to earn a million dollars. Instead, I'm confident that the combination of the 4 will. What do you think?

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
Here are your four projects..

Old Sentiments | Old Sentiments -- I don't see a million coming from this site

2nd project - Organo Gold MLM -- I see you losing all your friends and the respect of the business people you are interviewing.

3rd project - Real Estate Investing -- Maybe.. In equity.

4th project - Fashion Accessory Line with fashion blogger behind Disney Bound -- Only if you hit at the right place at the right exact time. But I do not see a million coming from this either.

Now if you figure out how to make your movie.. ala, a date with drew.. 50 first dates.. start-up.com, You might get a million in distribution, video from that.

Just my 2 cents..

Sponge

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Apr 6, 2012
Washington DC
I'm sure you can get your movie funded @ kickstarter.com:groove:

Ever tried penny stocks? It would be interesting if you could find some millionaires who trade penny stocks, thats a sleeper that generates money faster than a rabbit gets f%c£! I've learned how the game works through Whisperfromwallstreet.com

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
I'm sure you can get your movie funded @ kickstarter.com:groove:

Ever tried penny stocks? It would be interesting if you could find some millionaires who trade penny stocks, thats a sleeper that generates money faster than a rabbit gets f%c£! I've learned how the game works through Whisperfromwallstreet.com

I don't know the first thing about penny stocks.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the advice. I'm hearing the "don't split up projects or do too many" quite often. My issue is that I'm not fully confident in any ONE project I'm doing to earn a million dollars. Instead, I'm confident that the combination of the 4 will. What do you think?

Sounds like a case of "Tekel Syndrome" :smug2: (anyone get that?)

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Sounds like a case of "Tekel Syndrome" :smug2: (anyone get that?)

From what I've read, Tekel syndrome is a case of constantly coming up with ideas with no follow through. Make no mistake I'm following through on these 4 projects. I just don't feel confident about any ONE project getting me to the million as of this point. things could change.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012

GREAT insight!

I have to do a search of your older posts I am sure I will find more nuggets of gold.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
From what I've read, Tekel syndrome is a case of constantly coming up with ideas with no follow through. Make no mistake I'm following through on these 4 projects. I just don't feel confident about any ONE project getting me to the million as of this point. things could change.

Oh so you have read the book :smxB:(or can google), I don't think there is anything wrong in working on multiple projects if you have the time to work on them both or all as you would be if it was only 1 project, but I personally would rather work on one , and see if it fails, work on another and see if it fails, and that way I...

1) Can collect passive income from a successful project to help fund and work on others
2) If 1 fails and leaves a financial dent, I can stop and recover before I start my second rather than having the possibility of 4 failed businesses (not saying it is going to happen)
3) If I get lucky on project #1 or #2, I might not even need to worry about project #3 and #4
4) Better quality of work on projects

Just my opinion, but everyone works differently so maybe multiple projects would be better for you, who knows?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Just a side note on multiple projects. As entrepreneurs I think most of us are blessed with ADD. I say blessed because in my view this is a virtue not a vice as it keeps our minds sharp.

But in order to reach success, there needs to be some focus. In my early business days (early 20's) I was laser focused on one venture. After a few years and once management was in place, I spread my wings a bit with real estate investments.

After that I bought a restaurant - with a managing partner - strictly as an investment. I doubt I could have done those other things without first making my primary business successful.

Nowadays (I'm 37), I have several different ventures going at once, but they mostly interrelated and I have partners in a couple of them. Many people will say partnerships are the path to destruction (I would have said the same 10 years ago), but as you develop your network of contacts and build relationships you begin to see where these connections can become mutually beneficial.

One business venture I have is with an employee from one of my old companies and a software developer friend I met also while running that company. This venture is not off the ground yet so who knows how successful it will be, but without partners I could never have even considered it. It has the potential to easily bring in 5 figures per month per partner, but of course that depends on our execution.

The point is, you should consider focusing your energy on the opportunity with the most potential for success. Once you have obtained some level of success, you can think about diversification. This is when it can get fun with multiple streams of income.

I am not a big fan of mlm's (I was in amway when I was 18-20), but if you are earning cash from it and it isn't consuming all of your time, consider this your 'job' until you develop your own fastlane plan. But like I said before, most people really cannot rely on mlm for long term success.

That may sound a bit contradictory, but most new entrepreneurs start their business while working at some type of job. The job pays the bills while the new business builds the future. consider the mlm your job.

millionaireby25

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Apr 4, 2012
Just a side note on multiple projects. As entrepreneurs I think most of us are blessed with ADD. I say blessed because in my view this is a virtue not a vice as it keeps our minds sharp.

But in order to reach success, there needs to be some focus. In my early business days (early 20's) I was laser focused on one venture. After a few years and once management was in place, I spread my wings a bit with real estate investments.

After that I bought a restaurant - with a managing partner - strictly as an investment. I doubt I could have done those other things without first making my primary business successful.

Nowadays (I'm 37), I have several different ventures going at once, but they mostly interrelated and I have partners in a couple of them. Many people will say partnerships are the path to destruction (I would have said the same 10 years ago), but as you develop your network of contacts and build relationships you begin to see where these connections can become mutually beneficial.

One business venture I have is with an employee from one of my old companies and a software developer friend I met also while running that company. This venture is not off the ground yet so who knows how successful it will be, but without partners I could never have even considered it. It has the potential to easily bring in 5 figures per month per partner, but of course that depends on our execution.

The point is, you should consider focusing your energy on the opportunity with the most potential for success. Once you have obtained some level of success, you can think about diversification. This is when it can get fun with multiple streams of income.

I am not a big fan of mlm's (I was in amway when I was 18-20), but if you are earning cash from it and it isn't consuming all of your time, consider this your 'job' until you develop your own fastlane plan. But like I said before, most people really cannot rely on mlm for long term success.

That may sound a bit contradictory, but most new entrepreneurs start their business while working at some type of job. The job pays the bills while the new business builds the future. consider the mlm your job.

Thanks for the tips.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.