• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Notable! Millennials are Jerks, And Boomers Are to Blame

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by MJ DeMarco, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Some random planet, orbiting some random star
    Rep Bank:
    $7,185
    Ah okay
    Yeah, I was thinking MJ was about 36, making him in both the Gen X Gen Y range, but wasn't really sure

2. EmperorPear

EmperorPear Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $94
    Entitlement and victim mentality at it's finest, you work with what you got or what you can find.
    Don't know about you MJ, but the sentences that stood out for me are:
    "Hedonistic baby-boomer attitudes have produced a new gilded age complete with rock-star entertainment at birthday parties and crass mega-yacht one-upmanship."
    "There are, of course, some well-known model citizens among the baby boomers, as there are among any generation."
    "Why is anybody surprised millennials are turning out to be cynical, untrusting and mercenary? In the world they see, those traits are necessary to survive.
    "... a scandalous 27% of millennials say they’d take credit for a colleague’s work if it helped them get ahead."

3. SolEvad

SolEvad Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $206
    Bump.

I think this video is a nice addition to this thread if you want something a little more in depth.

I'm not a huge fan of going into the whole gen this and gen that have had it easier or worse, are more scummy, etc... I do think it's important to understand the circumstances that lead to people thinking this of a generation though which this video does sum up quite well.

edit: found full length video

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Limitless4Life, cmor16 and MJ DeMarco like this.
  4. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $251,998
    Admin Post
    Excellent video thank you for sharing, deeply exposes the PROCESS over the EVENT, and how they're conditioned to the fast event. Also touches on how you shouldn't be allowing cell phones at your meetings and social gatherings. (For ex, when we have poker night, cell phones aren't allowed at the table!)

Millennials see the mountain summit, but refuse to acknowledge the mountain.

[Note: General statement, not ALL millenials obviously, especially the ones here. ;-) ]

ChickenHawk, AllenCrawley and ruzara5 like this.
  5. Envision

Envision Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $15,638
    It doesn't make sense to classify an entire age population as lazy and entitled.

I do agree that universities and grade school coddle kids into becoming docile and weak minded people with the exceptions of the rare teacher who makes an impact on the few when it comes to discipline, goals, and work ethic.

I also agree that the majority of parents (id say around 60-70%) are terrible. Im 23, but I started to realize this when I was around 19/20 looking at parents ranging from 18-40 who I was exposed to and realizing that these people were god damn idiots and their kids fates were sealed through the luck of the draw. Whether it was how the spoke to their kids, the habits they engrained in them, and their overall mindset their kids will end up being like them and perpetuating a weak society.

But I also work with Baby Boomers and Gen X'ers daily and I'm astounded at their ability to do the least amount of work and consider it good enough, settle for what's comfortable, and think that the life they live is as good as it gets.

Im also surrounded by other people in those categories who are multi millionaires, hard workers, and people with inspiring amounts of discpline and a good head on their shoulders who embody who I am trying to be like.

When you look at what is happening, there is nothing you can do about society as whole but you can personally choose who you want to be and exemplify those actions as you live.

Supa, MJ DeMarco, Van Halen and 2 others like this.
  6. SM Switi

SM Switi Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $725
    A millennial Diaries

Impatient ,entitled, and waiting to get a high five every time I do something at work, will make an impact and change the world, once I graduate am going to be free to do whatever I want, life will be fun and excitement will flow through my days, every day something new is going to happen ,am not like anyone else, am the greatest, i used to open the book the day before the exam stay up all night with two or more energy drinks and get an A+ the next day, am genius no man can do what I can do, am my favorite parents kid , they always tell my siblings to be like me, the world should acknowledge my greatness ,no am not friend with everyone, I like to be picky with my group of friends because not everyone is allowed to be my friend you see am special (not that I lack the ability to contact and form new relationships), I need to make smart comments during the lecture, I need to show them who I am, they all should be jealous, because my imaginary enemies are dancing in between my ears .

but then

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

"Snap back to reality, Oops there goes gravity "

there goes corporate job where you are dumped in the corner in between 4 walls and no window, with the same shitty boss asking you to do the same shitty tasks every single day , you see there are no stars falling down for you . and you realize you are trapped and got mocked up to, you get that cold slap on your face and you either wake up or you become numb to this life , luckily I think I got woke up since am here knowing that i need to burn my ass working to get out of mediocrity, to be continued ......

JordanK, Mutant and luniac like this.
  7. Tanishatheangel

Tanishatheangel Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $561
    i'm not upset but the be a millionaire getting a saturday job sounds like he fits the bill

8. RogueInnovation

RogueInnovation Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,355
    My feel on this is, you can't lump "not entreprenuers" on an entire generation based on a stat of a minority being unscrupulous. My bet is most of those 27% are "unplugged" or believe themselves to be and therefor laugh at ratrace ethics in the same way you do MJ. You being a guy who said you like to piss people off with your wealth at times.

I hardly think that is a reliable assumption to place on millenials.
    In fact my belief is that millenials are made into the SCAPEGOATS of the boomer generation. We are left to clean up the MESS and DESTRUCTION left behind by egotistical maniacs. Who want and need someone to blame so punch down while they can't look in the mirror.

The self denial of baby boomers is INCREDIBLE. And millenials INHERIT it at first. But over time we see how screwed we are and we SHED self denial, and become totally aware and fierce fighters. Anyone saying we KEEP that self entitlement is STUPID, only the dumbest of us keep it, the rest of us hit brick walls and START TO THINK.

I believe huge change is coming in this generation, and it will either take the form of bitterness or of generousity. And this will trigger soon, in the next 10-15 years.
    Gotta remember, BOOMERS still hold all the keys, and once the keys start dropping to the floor, thats when you'll see it change.

To make the point that millenials have power right now, or should is preposterous, are we meant to beat people doing it longer? No, once you see the average millenial have some power you'll see a change, until then it is just speculation based on your own confirmation biases.

Tanishatheangel likes this.
  9. Tanishatheangel

Rep Bank:
    $561
    i'd like more details on ways you think things will change, i know some of us i'm included in the group have seen our parents struggling and also know there's such a major increase in national debt that we're afraid taxes will ever wipe out any chance at sustaining a high standard of living so instead of saving / preparing / starting businesses/ investing we're mainly sticking to our checking accounts at least i am

10. Tanishatheangel

Rep Bank:
    $561
    thank you for that

11. RogueInnovation

Rep Bank:
    $12,355
    Well, the problem is that most of the steady jobs were taken by boomers
    You ever read those articles where a boomer gets fired and enters todays workplace to find a job and they are totally out of their depth?
    That is because jobs themselves have started to change and the requirements are higher than ever. Often requiring independent decision making, autonomy, and carrying some of the burden of the company's success.
    BUT Millenials are not given POWER

When the keys of that power shift, I think you will see millenials become STUNNED by just how kept down and lied to they were and start thinking about how to use that gap in wealth to either be totally bitter or generous. The extra productivity could be used to improve countries, and the world and how it runs, changing it from an industrial age model, or it could be used to exaggerate corruption and self interest and create an extremely high unemployment rate, increased automation, and cement in a poverty class.

Boomers operate on a BELIEF they have more productivity than the other guy, but this is actually a reverse bubble, and when it POPS, productivity will seemingly spike from no where. And millenials won't be prepared, so it'll be like a wild firehose.

You just have to use logic to decipher what that firehose hits, and whether it destroys or creates. Either we are all PISSED or we all become wise and strong, it will be a HUGE test of character. And boomers are totally ignorant of this coming test of character because they were never tested. They offload that responsibility to us. And I think we have to be BIGGER than them in every way, and if we do, we will literally transform the world.

So I get annoyed when boomers think, we are trash. It all depends on us. Hate us, don't believe it, scoff. But we are the ones who are truly going to aim this cannon about to go off.

12. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $20,833
    This is just my theory, but Generation X, has to step in the next few years, and start leading the way, and as you stated, "We've struggled", we got caught in the shift in 2008, had to let go of all the conditioning of society, and as I was going through College to upgrade, I was learning the same stuff as my son in high school that wasn't covered when I went to school. The college you go too, also has to do a lot with whether they stay on top of their game.

I have many Millennial friends as you stated, there families are struggling, but Generation X needs to get out in front and this is going against our parents generation, so this takes a lot of maturing, growing, and evolving, and not easy for our generation, but a must.

Millennials aren't so off their thoughts about Baby Boomers, if you look at when certain things began in our society and magnified it might have existed prior before in generations, but they magnified it and made it bigger. And Generation X followed suit in some ways of our older group. I'm the youngest of Generation X.

Millennials to me sometimes are like playing hockey mentally and emotionally, and they're a fierce team, and so I don't doubt they have the ability to change the systems once they're grown, matured, and self-actualized. My son's group is the youngest of the Millennials, so he grows with me as I go.

What it made it hard for Millennials is that shift in business, methods, techniques, and the rules all changed, and we had to make a choice to re-educate ourselves, and go in a new way. When Baby Boomers were in there Revolution in the 60's, they were in their 20's and thirties as well. The era wasn't about technology, competitive as it is today in business. While there was business, it was on a smaller scale, and they didn't need to be as educated as Generation X and Millennials.

Generations before were in the factories, industrial, farming, agriculture, and again their educational level wasn't necessary to survive as today. There coping skills, survival skills, were quite different.

Generation X and Millennials are all about Mental Toughness, Mindset, Emotional regulation, and everyone is educated with degrees, unless you've chosen not too educate yourself. I believe just like the Baby Boomers, Millennials will make some impact and history, if they learn to use their energy in a positive way. They're empathetic, understanding, compassionate, and fearless. The ego and attitude get in the way, and of course this can be self-sabotaging themselves and one another. But I think I've noticed the Millennials already learned some of this from 2010 until 2018, so they're starting to realize the cause and effect on their actions and choices and heading into a better direction.

Listening is the whole key, and sharing perspectives, working together, and this is something Generation X is learning to do with Millennials, and at the same time we understand that Baby Boomers are used to doing things their way or the highway. They do love running the show, and we have had our own moments with Baby Boomers as professors, teachers, leaders in our community.

My group anyway was deemed the worst class of 1989. And so they say the same thing about Millennials, but in a different way.

This is just a normal phase of generations coming and going, but we personally just are in a different experience with all the new technologies, medicine, medical, communication systems, Networks, Networking, and on a Global Scale instead of the local Micro level, small speck on the earth, home town. This is impacting the worlds populations. We will have to see what happens the next 10 years, but frankly, the Baby Boomer Era is over with how society interacted on many platforms.

Generation X knows where the wholes are in the systems Baby Boomers built, and it's a natural process, that everything is upgraded, changed, and moved forward. Millennials will eventually see the wholes in what Generation X builds, and Generation Z will see the wholes in Millennials systems. I believe this is just evolution. As your experience happens for a reason, so when I look where I've been in life, I understand I saw many systems, and how they didn't work. Now you see, M.J. with a book that discusses the old retirement plan does't work for future Generations. He illustrates things that need revamped. It's kind of like passing on the torch, and what Millennials create, depends on what information Generation X reveals about many systems and platforms. If you don't have all the information, see where the problems are, you can't adjust, adapt, and problem shoot.

We all do our part. When I'm the same age as Boomers in their 70's and 80's, than I will probably go through the same process and think what a strange group the younger group is and what kind of trouble are they making. It's just because when you're older, you're conditioned, in your comfort zone, and want things to stay the same. Although I have some relatives that refuse to get off the stage, and it is because they enjoy being an Entrepreneur, and being the leader. I think many of them do, but sometimes they just have to admit, it's time to get off stage, and allow others to take the lead.

ruzara5 and RogueInnovation like this.
  13. Mr.Brandtastic

Mr.Brandtastic Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,063
    People seem to engender some type of great love for the era they were born in. But really, it's irrelevant to me. To me it's always been about MINDSET. There are some who have it and some who don't.

I once had a business professor, the one professor I loved most of all, and he had great passion and energy for his craft: Business and entrepreneurship. He was a Boomer. I am a millennial. He was possibly one of the most intelligent business minds I've ever met, certainly greater than any single person on that campus. He had it. It. The mindset, the power, the love of business, the high energy, American spirit kind of guy. Would I get along with him? Of course. I never missed a lesson no matter what, I absorbed every single minute of his classes.

I've met boomers and millennials who I would consider dead. Dead as dirt. The dead look in their eyes. They live their miserable lives. Work. Eat. Sleep. Live. A 65 year old with the right mindset is always more enjoyable to spend time with then an apathetic 18 year old.

Most people are energy-draining zombies that waste time and drain life. Spend time with the right mindset and open your mind. When it comes to business, age truly is just a number. There are many great older enterprises as well as many new and upcoming ones (mainly internet-based), learn from all of the greats and discard the nobodies.

cmor16, MJ DeMarco, Van Halen and 4 others like this.
  14. Real Deal Denver

Real Deal Denver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $467
    You're absolutely right. There is huge change coming.

But I don't believe for a second that it will be for the better, and certainly not in any form of "generous."

I have three sons that are millennials. The one wish I had as they were entering adulthood was that they never named smart phones to be smart. Every whiz bang kid that can operate a phone fast actually believes they are smart. Then the get a whiz bang app and twitter their friends, and that's all it takes. Off they go on their delusional journey, thinking they are smarter than everyone else. I've seen it hundreds of times, even first hand with my own sons.

Well, guess what? Us old fogie boomers were here a long time before you were, and we do know a lot. The difference is we use common sense - not apps. And we relate to people directly, not twittering and facebooking every hour of the day. Social skills. You should see what I can do when I combine my skills with the modern apps and techno gadgets of today. You'll understand in about ten or twenty years.

I just saw the move Jumanji, the Jungle (or something like that). At the end of the movie the young adventurers wake up to the real world and are markingly different people. Immensely more aware of the rest of the world - much more mature - and a whole lot LESS full of themselves. That hit the nail on the head of what is wrong with millennials - but they won't even see that message. It's there in plain sight, and is a powerful message, but it will be missed. Funny, in a way...

So carry on - good luck - and maybe learn a little respect for someone that's been in a real job for a few DECADES more than you have, and probably knows a few things more than you do.

And by the way, I'm not a cookie cutter boomer that only knows how to do things in my own little bubble - I have ran my own company, ran departments and supervised many self-absorbed naive youngsters that thought they were super heroes, and now I'm embarking on even bigger and better things. With time comes experience. With experience comes knowledge. You can learn from that, or you can don your cape and be a super hero all day long, every day.

You don't even know what you don't know.

This is not a rant, by the way. I tell my sons the same thing, hoping to make them aware of the real world and how to embrace it for their benefit. You're welcome, very much.

15. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $467
    What an utterly fantastic post.

You and I have the most important trait a person can have - we "absorb" knowledge when we encounter it. Although I could write a book, or teach a class, myself in a similar way that your favorite professor did, I have other things to do. Nevertheless, with the considerable knowledge that I have accumulated, I still am a sponge, absorbing everything that comes my way, and seeking out new knowledge proactively.

The more I know, the more I realize how much more I need to know. MJ's book was a great door opener for me, which is why I'm here.

You, my friend, will be very successful in life. You will leap ahead of your peers because you are wide open to improving. You have learned to tame and control your ego and remain a life long learner. So many people stop learning when they think they actually have things figured out. Never happens. But they don't know that.

Another trait that successful people have is they realize they can't do everything, and they recognize their weaknesses. So they build a team, or better yet, a mastermind group, and multiply their knowledge and efforts. YOU are exactly the type of person I would love to have on my team. You are a rare individual, and I assure you that you are already successful. The money and rewards will come - they are not the measure of success - they are the byproducts of it.

Congratulations on figuring all this out so early in life. So many never do.

cmor16, MJ DeMarco and Mr.Brandtastic like this.
  16. RogueInnovation

Rep Bank:
    $12,355
    Lol, boomers...
    Need I say more?

You are not the oracle of delphi
    No one is coming to you and paying you a quarter for your prophetic visions of their souls

Do millenials come up to you and tell you what is going to happen to you?
    No, you know why?
    Cuz they don't talk to people they don't trust the opinion of.

Instead of telling your kids their generation is stupid and going to turn out badly
    Look at some facts, like...
    All millenials make 20% less than boomers did at the same age and have HALF the assets, doing the same or similar jobs etc

All that stuff you ascribe to hard work is called priviledge
    You know how you got it?

WW2 which then led to your parents being "artists" as a generation, and quiet and removed, so guess who got all those jobs nice and easy without any competition from your folks? You guys!

You act like there is no CONTEXT that contributes to your condition, which is delusional boomer thinking.
    I've worked for over a decade, I don't need people telling me about iphones, I don't even have an iphone, nor do I build apps, bro marketers and silicon valley guys do that. If all you can do is cherry pick and generalize, its no wonder your generation is so easily manipulated to believe PROPOGANDA about millenials, they just feed you back your already corrupted bias, and you greedily eat it up.

Boomers are so darn entitled, so pompous, and wrong.

We are carrying you guys, and thats what you left us with, a HUGE BALL AND CHAIN cuz you are too dumb to see your own privaledge.

(mostly said hyperbolic and in good humor)
    I ain't got no love for this pompous stuff though gtfo with that ridiculous nonsense

17. LeoistheSun

LeoistheSun Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,300
    Did this thread hit a nerve? Lol

I actually dislike my generation (Y), they are a bunch of idiots ( Millennials Eating Washing Tablets Thanks To Stupid 'Tide Pod Challenge' ) that believe what the TV says, less morals, hardly thinks for themselves... Because why need to if you got a cell phone to do it for you.

Laziness is rewarded. Oh and they want stuff for free... Just. Don't. Get. Me. Started.

Leo

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 3:44 AM
    Real Deal Denver likes this.
  18. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $467
    Like I said, you don't even know what you don't know. Yes, I have people coming to me. I don't know these people - they find me on their own. Why do you suppose that is? Am I an oracle? You watch too many movies I think.

It's because I am highly skilled at what I do, and I can train people to be their own boss, work their own hours, make over 100K a year and LOVE their job. Wow. Two out of three of those make most people happy. I've trained six people how to do exactly that. Maybe I am an oracle of some sort after all? I don't train them anymore though, because it is too difficult to babysit, supervise, and double check all their work. I just do the work myself, in half the time, and make a lot more money.

Do I believe the propaganda? What propaganda? Are you reading the government data about the average income, average age, average IQ, and average attention span of the people that believe all that crap? You know what? It doesn't matter what the average anything is. Nobody is average. I know a few people below average, I know a lot above average, and I know a handful that are superstars. Compared to me they're superstars. One good friend of mine is a multi-millionaire. His mentor and business partner is a billionaire. It's all relative. King Kong to me is just a chimp to someone else higher up the food chain.

Congrats on working over a decade. That's a good start. Call me in 20 more years and we'll see how things went for you. I'll tell you one thing - knowing what I know now, if I was 30 years younger I would be a millionaire within five years. Us boomers didn't have a google standing by that we could ask any question to. We figured things out the hard way. We didn't have any books on how to start/run/grow a business either. Now there are hundreds. I'm writing some, in fact, using my vast experience as an oracle. You know, experience does count. If you'll remember, MJ related many failures he encountered on his own journeys. I'm sure he is tremendously smarter today because of his experience. But you go ahead and think you can figure it all out on your own. I've already seen posts here that are so innocent and naive, they're kind of embarrassing. I was the same way when I started my first company when I was 25. Without the help of google or tailor made books to guide my every step. And I dominated my industry. I was booked solid by clients for over TWO years. Yes, my calendar was FULL of paying customers for two years. I'll even clue you in as to what that was. Video production. That's a technical field that pays very well, and still does today. I still do it today, but not as a business of its own - it is a marketing tool for the other TWO business ventures that I'm in - soon to be more. I don't do it on its own anymore because it's too time consuming. I got out of it because I can't sell myself forward for years, and I couldn't duplicate myself through hired help. Now, I make more money doing other things.

I am thinking about writing a book on how I trained the six people to make over 100K in their own business, working from home. I don't want to divulge that information, but after reading the Fastlane, I'm thinking that would be a huge seller. It's not a pipe dream - I've been doing it for 18 years. It funds my other start ups, in fact.

Hate to say it, but you're too far gone. One of my sons has your attitude. He thinks he can game the system, con people, and complains about how he's at such an unfair disadvantage. You did read the Fastlane book right? There is a chapter on owning your life, your choices, and the results of those choices. You should reread that. Ten or fifteen times, in fact. Count your strengths - young, smart, energy, time, unlimited technology - all on your side. No reason whatsoever to be average in the world we live in today. Yet, I know a dozen college grads that have been looking for a job in their fields for over a year. I guess college can't teach you practical problem solving skills - only how to take orders from others that can see the big picture - and guide - and lead - and manage. So much more to life isn't there? I don't have a degree, by the way. I employ people that do, however.

Now I have some reading and learning to do. I need to invent a time machine, and maybe somebody here can help me out on that. I'll go back to the disadvantaged youth of today and own the world in two years or less. Millennials, minorities, and spoiled brats. We sure got em. Meanwhile, dirt poor people from Mexico are trying to get here to prosper. But we have our whiners telling everyone how bad it is. Hmmm. Sorry - I don't speak that language.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 4:35 AM
    LeoistheSun likes this.
  19. RogueInnovation

Rep Bank:
    $12,355
    Guess what, I'm a home owner, have written several books that were decent money makers, lived and worked as I've travelled and worked as a consultant for many years now as my own boss. Now with contracts with a large company. I also have a tremendous array of skills.

I'm sorry but any delusion you have of one upping me is destined to crash and burn,
    I also have no desire to compete in pissing contests of who is superior to who. Notice I never said boomers were stupid, that is something you alone are guilty of, attacking another generation to compensate for your own needy and obsessive bs.

I just don't take crap from boomers
    When I know the truth, that everything you criticise in millenials came from your entitled mindsets being pushed onto us as children. You push it on your kids and when they reflect this lazy side of yourself you start cackling and acting like a bully. And because of this terrible behaviour pattern we have to clean up your crap, clear twice the amount of nonsense out of our heads. Its tedious and you are ignorant of your double standards, strawman arguements, and its burden. Which is sad, cuz you say you love your kids but choose to act as a superior rather than ever listen or act as an equal human being. You call one of your own kids a con artist, which maybe he got cuz he embodies something you passed onto him. I btw, conned nobody, heck even at a stage where I was starving I gave money to the homeless, kneeled down, gave em respect then worked my hardest to alter the situation because integrity is more important than desperation.

You say "I know more" pffft, I'd say you know only what you needed to know, and while its 95% the same stuff, the 5% you didn't learn makes you too slow witted to get anyone elses pov but your own.

Look I really don't care, boomers are a-holes to millenials, thats just how it goes.
    But you want people to worship you like a god, thats so sad and pathetic. How do you expect to have any persons respect who has self respect when you act like a dope? I mean really, you are what 60, and get off on yelling at some 30 year old that you "might write a book"

Get a clue
    30 years might seperate you and me, but nothing makes you even slightly better

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 4:47 PM
  20. LeoistheSun

LeoistheSun Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,300
  21. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $75,940
  22. LeoistheSun

Rep Bank:
    $1,300
    I dont think this thread de-evolving into a pissing match is what he had in mind lol

23. 404profound

404profound Silver Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,780
    generalizations are misleading, but there are more millennials than boomers who exhibit these problems, by a lot. As a millennial consultant, a lot of the shitstorms i help fix are caused ny reckless, power-tripping boomers with Jupiter egos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longinus likes this.
  24. Real Deal Denver

Rep Bank:
    $467
    I don't see any kneeling down attitude, nor even basic respect.

I'd hate to see how much you'd piss if you WOULD engage in a pissing contest.

Um, I don't bully anyone. On the other hand, I offer a lot of advice and help, which is pretty substantial being based on over 30 years of 'progressive' experience in different areas. From you, however, I see very little constructive commentary. I do see a lot of offensive attacks. Drop the offense and defense tactics. They are not needed, and only hurt yourself. You are not a star quarterback, and this is not a championship playoff.

I also am certainly not entitled. I've worked, starting at age 11, for everything I've ever had. And no, I didn't do it all on my own in life - I worked to learn, and I used what I learned to do better. No handouts - no favors - no entitlements. Where do you come up with this stuff?

You are competing with yourself only - not me or anyone else. And nobody is, or has been, holding you back. Drop the blame game. Not only is that NOT productive, it's actually counterproductive.

Your enemy is not me, nor anyone else, and certainly not boomers, in any way. You have a super strong victim mentality, despite your achievements and potential. So sad. I know a lot about that, because I had to overcome it myself. Imagine how much better you could be without this ball and chain that hold you back - and, yes, they do affect you and stifle your potential. Get help and drop this needless burden that you carry. That, my friend, are words of ENCOURAGEMENT, that I would tell my own son, or anyone else that doesn't deserve to harbor the anger and resentment that you do.

Despite my accomplishments, I long ago dropped any need to have any recognition or praise. I am my own critic, and believe me, that is enough. I certainly don't expect to be a god to anyone, in any fashion whatsoever. You really lash out, don't you? Try holding back and see what happens - you might get more favorable results. You have a super strong tendency to PROJECT your own made up conclusions onto other people, which frankly, is very unhealthy and unproductive.

Reread MJ's Fastlane book. Then do some deep soul searching. That is not criticism. That is just good old fashioned advice, from the heart, to help you.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 8:48 PM
  25. ZCP

ZCP Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,319
    Is there a 'was notable' tag?

jasoncuellar123 and Sully1994 like this.