Lex DeVille
Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hi everyone,
I'm Lex and I'm joining you out of Overland Park, Kansas. I currently work as a legal assistant for a local collections law office. It's a job where I work full-time building my bosses retirement... It isn't a corporate job and there is no "climbing the ladder". Basically I go to work in jeans and a t-shirt and manage myself and as long as things keep running no one cares how I look or handle business. It isn't the worst job, but certainly does take up a lot of my time and doesn't offer a large enough return on investment to be worth the 40 hours a week required.
I previously spent 4 years in the Army and learned some useful skills while living in Germany and working as a Supply Paratrooper. Once I got out I came back to the mid-west and realized my adventure was over. Luckily I'm smart enough to realize that a closing chapter doesn't necessarily mean the end of the book!
I'm married with no kids and am 26 years old so I still have plenty of time to make things happen.
As far as Entrepreneurial skills go I did open a business a couple years ago making art out of LEGO.
I made a website, started a Facebook page, and even managed to get on the local news.
I've made sales almost every month though I think something was lost in translation. I've sold internationally but at this point it has become more of a hobby and I don't think it is something I want to do as a full-time business in the future. If anyone wants to check it out let me know. I don't want to post the link and break any rules though.
My current goal is to start a new business that solves a problem and is based on Fastlane concepts. My wife is joining the Air Force and will be leaving later this year so we'll have a solid source of income, no housing/utility costs and I'll have a lot of time alone to concentrate.
We live frugally and will finally be debt free by the end of this year so we're in a good position.
My biggest challenge is overcoming an introverted nature.
I look forward to meeting others along this path to greatness.
Thanks for reading.
I'm Lex and I'm joining you out of Overland Park, Kansas. I currently work as a legal assistant for a local collections law office. It's a job where I work full-time building my bosses retirement... It isn't a corporate job and there is no "climbing the ladder". Basically I go to work in jeans and a t-shirt and manage myself and as long as things keep running no one cares how I look or handle business. It isn't the worst job, but certainly does take up a lot of my time and doesn't offer a large enough return on investment to be worth the 40 hours a week required.
I previously spent 4 years in the Army and learned some useful skills while living in Germany and working as a Supply Paratrooper. Once I got out I came back to the mid-west and realized my adventure was over. Luckily I'm smart enough to realize that a closing chapter doesn't necessarily mean the end of the book!
I'm married with no kids and am 26 years old so I still have plenty of time to make things happen.
As far as Entrepreneurial skills go I did open a business a couple years ago making art out of LEGO.
I made a website, started a Facebook page, and even managed to get on the local news.
I've made sales almost every month though I think something was lost in translation. I've sold internationally but at this point it has become more of a hobby and I don't think it is something I want to do as a full-time business in the future. If anyone wants to check it out let me know. I don't want to post the link and break any rules though.
My current goal is to start a new business that solves a problem and is based on Fastlane concepts. My wife is joining the Air Force and will be leaving later this year so we'll have a solid source of income, no housing/utility costs and I'll have a lot of time alone to concentrate.
We live frugally and will finally be debt free by the end of this year so we're in a good position.
My biggest challenge is overcoming an introverted nature.
I look forward to meeting others along this path to greatness.
Thanks for reading.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
