The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mental Toughness & Staying in Higher Frame of Mind During the Corona-Virus Outbreak

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'm making this thread for people to share Motivational Videos, Mental Toughness Techniques and Methods. The best thing for all of us is keeping a strong mindset and positive mindset during this time. One of the things that can happen is we focus too much on the Problem instead of creating the solutions. This is probably the toughest part of life we're all facing both with Corona-Virus and the Economics. We all have to hold each other accountable to stay in the higher vibration regardless of what it looks like around us, no matter the million emotions, thoughts, and feelings we may go through. Focusing too much on social media would only bring us down into low arousel. We're all the leaders of the pack in this forum no matter where we are in life.

View: https://youtu.be/vB-1SRcsgXA

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

tpf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 8, 2016
UK (Lesta) & 日本
I'm sorry, I don't know about specific tequniques or methods, but I do know what works for me:

1. Thinking about what EXACTLY it is that I'm worried about and why.

2. Thinking about all the ways I can solve it and the different resources I have available to do so. (People, money, stuff, these kinds of things)

3. Thinking about the different possibilities and how I think they'd pan out. (If this happens, then I'll...)

If there are things I don't know then I go and research them.

This approach helps me take control, be active and have some ideas about what I want to achieve and how to get there. If things go a bit differently then the pre-thinking helps anyway, as I can adapt.

It also helps me face what I fear and ask is it really that bad? I tend to find that the uncertainty is what causes the fear.

This thought process makes it easier to live in the day and go to sleep at night, knowing I've done what I can.

I hope this post makes sense and apologies for it not being very inspirational, motivational, or featuring a video.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
It is a bit surreal to wake up to such high profile Names Testing Positive....

One day someone is mocking the virus the next day they are quarantined themselves.

But people are beating it and people find a way to be resilient when it looks dire.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
There was a very inspiring video I watched yesterday on the Goalcast channel. Forgot which one. But the guy said 3 words "Just Keep Standing".

It hit me hard. His dad told him to "Just Keep Standing" as he was standing beside his wife's casket. No matter the difficulty, no matter if you're at rock bottom, "Just Keep Standing". Very powerful words we need to live by especially now as entrepreneurs living through this strange pandemic.

Many of us have sales cut by 50%, 60%, many are closing businesses, many are filing bankruptcy, but remember, "Just Keep Standing".

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
One of the things I see people throwing around a lot of platforms right now is fear. Fortunately, some people don't know the difference between fear based on imagination and the green eyed monster and fear from valid facts and information about the Corona Virus or Economic Crisis. The numbers can be inaccurate. The testing is kind of sketchy country to country, and the number of cases are based off testing at times where some countries don't have enough tests.

Uncertainty is always there or the unknown. It always has been. When you're taking measures to be pro-active as a nurse aide and mental health worker in the past it was educating and informing the person. I'm just using this as an example. But you can use the same example with a lawyer.

It's kind of like any Medical of Mental Health issue that has a procedure, you usually will go through some sort of paper work with a a professional to explain what is happening. It is not to instill fear, but to inform and educate what is about to happen, and pretty much to give ease to the mind and lessen the fear.

For any legal question the lawyer will inform you what you need to know, and what the pro's and con's are in the situation.

A CEO will inform his staff what they need to know. This is not about fear, but informing, advising or educating.

And so what I find right now you can be giving valid information but someone will say, "You're instilling fear." I think that's pretty much where the line is being blurred.

You hear nurses and doctors express their concerns to the public. The public seems to be in this place where the line between where you listen and be wise in your choices or totally rebel against any kind of information which basically instills fear in others then because there is a feeling of can I trust someone or not when it comes to family, friends, co-workers, or strangers.

There is a mess of individuals on social media misinforming the world.

I think this really is an issue I didn't think of before since when I've worked with people prior to the present events, there wasn't so much resistance because it was mainly aimed at Entrepreneurship or perhaps every day obstacles and adversity.

There can be an illusion of what freedom is since we define it in many ways and apply it to different scenario's in life. These are just a few examples.

We can see life through financial freedom.
We can see life through psychological and emotional freedom.
We can see life as some people love living off the Grid and away from society.

Then when we think of Isolation this is also an illusion by how we define it.

Since many people do live off the Grid and enjoy it.
Introverts love being in their quiet place in different settings to be innovative, creative, and work on their entrepreneurship.
There are some social groups that do live in isolation for different reasons because it's their path in life. (I'm trying to be respectful here to rules) but spiritual/religious communities for one. Then some entrepreneurs or wealthy. Some environmentalists.

For example we have scientists in Anartica and a few individuals from different countries.

We have people go up in space.

We tend to create our self-made prison by how we perceive Isolation and Quarantine. If we feel limited then we're limited. If we feel free we're free. This is more about how we perceive our experience.

If we go country to country we see different reactions and responses. We see Italy and Spain singing from the balconies, dancing, musicians, and even a d.j.

Which they've done in the Netherlands once too.

Really if you keep yourself busy, really you can't get bored. With the Internet there is so much you can do at home and people see it as a negative experience.

I mean from gardening, to working on your house, to crafts, art mediums, writing, music, literature, making apps, starting a business online, taking educational courses.

I believe pretty much people allow themselves to believe they're limited.

Physically yes, you might have restrictions, policies, procedures, and have to follow the rules for the World's health temporarily. Which some individuals might have black and white thinking or catastrophic thinking. "It's the end of the world." "it's the end of my business." "it's the end of ?"

Usually this negative thinking tends to spiral out of control.

The main concern is the Economic Crisis and of course this is where people allow the fear to create stories of what might happen. The imagination, the green eyed monster, and really I believe there are enough people trying to fund vaccines, tests, doing the research like in Germany to see how we can get everyone working in a healthy way by doing the research.

Time is always a factor. I don't know how many times we wait for time.

The issue we have in this situation is the Side Walk or Slow Lane may be more prone to react out of fear. This is just part of life to have to faith and trust that the greater good will come out of the situation.

I think there's a lot of impatience. A lot of impulsivity. And this is where many people have to learn to be patient. Some people want to be demanding, thrust their power, thrust their control over others because they're simply worrying, anxious, and fearful of the future.

Yet, pretty much in the past centuries communities have recovered, rebuilt their communities, and we're far more resilient then people in 2020 believe they are. The huge part about life is understanding we don't always get what we want in life the exact moment we desire it, want it, or feel we need it.

Which usually events occur to push us in new territory and out of our comfort zone. Some people don't like getting out of their comfort zone.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Sorry, but I don't get the fear thing. We are not scared about the multitude of things that could kill us. Why are we so afraid of this?

I am part of the population that is at risk. Over 60, diabetes, other health issues... Not that I can't die from this or that no precautions should be taken. Not any more concerned about this than getting in an auto accident.

If Genghis Kahn or King Ragnar were rolling through my community, I would be a bit more concerned.

I know people are dying. That is one thing we know will happen though. We should be living while we are alive.

I do appreciate this post for what it addresses. I just don't understand though.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Sorry, but I don't get the fear thing. We are not scared about the multitude of things that could kill us. Why are we so afraid of this?

I am part of the population that is at risk. Over 60, diabetes, other health issues... Not that I can't die from this or that no precautions should be taken. Not any more concerned about this than getting in an auto accident.

If Genghis Kahn or King Ragnar were rolling through my community, I would be a bit more concerned.

I know people are dying. That is one thing we know will happen though. We should be living while we are alive.

I do appreciate this post for what it addresses. I just don't understand though.

I'm just saying this is just my observation. You're going to have a different perspective of fear if you're an Entrepreneur, Military, Police, Politics, Hollywood, or Athletes. There's a difference between where people are at with fear, which creates the emotional center, amygdala, limbic system, and the spiral into negative thinking. Primal fear. If you happen to have the coping skills and understand how that works you're in good shape. If you don't then your perception is off target, and your perceiving everyone is the enemy. Which becomes a problem in society with what you don't understand in your own chaos and confusion. Then comes the loss, the grief, the anger, and of course then the urge to revolt, fight, and rebel.

If you're in Isolation this is where your perception becomes an Illusion, because you're mind is creating the green eyed monster. "What if this happens?" "What if that happens." There's a large portion of the population who can not control their thoughts, emotions, and feelings.

As you state live! They're not going to live if in their thoughts they're going to die and get choked up in fear from the illusion of high gun sales, protests, economic crisis, scarcity thinking, the unemployment website crashing and not getting the money. The stimulus check not coming. The usual non-profits being overloaded or not open. The farmers upset because they can't buy products and plant for the season. Told to dump their food and milk. The protests, the officers rebelling like in my state.

There's a lot of anger, frustration, bitterness, rage, and obviously it comes down to them not being allowed to do what they want. Which then they're saying it's because they're Isolated for a month they're depressed, filled with anxiety, and this isn't true, because even if you allow them to go out and work, those same exterior issues will remain. And the fear is created within their mind.

Out of fear you react and take a certain action without thinking about it. When you have anxiety, depression, and ptsd, you take that everywhere you go with you. It's not something to do with what space your in and how many people are around you.

I was trying to point out projecting Isolation and Quarantine isn't going to determine the mindset you have since it travels with you wherever you go. You can be standing at a huge concert while your friends are enjoying themselves and be caught up in the the trauma, drama, and what you're focus on in your mind.

They don't realize they're in control of their emotions, thoughts, feelings, and focus.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.